+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To opt for Pension? Pay fixation in new post?

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up To opt for Pension? Pay fixation in new post?

My good wishes to all members.

I present service particulars of a case for ready analysis:
    Length of service: 10 years 04 months
    Present Pay: Rs 19,720 (PB-2, in addition GP 5400)
    Got 1st MACP quite recently.
    Length of Govt. service left: 23 years +.

Now selected on Gr. A post (PB 3: 15,600 - 39,100; GP 5400) through direct recuitment by UPSC on the basis of permanent absorption in an autonomous body under Central Govt. Offer of appointment for new post is yet to be issued.

It is understood that he would be entitled to get full pension (50% of Pay+GP) in light of OM dated 2-Sept-08 if opted for discontinuation of Lien on present post. I put following queries:

1. Please shed light whether opting for pension will be beneficial.
    2. Whether there would be any deduction in pay that is going to be fixed in new appointment, based upon pension in the previous post?
    3. Whether CGEGIS may be carried forword to the new post or payment for investment part thereof should be received.
    4. I believe there should not be any problem in drawing full DR on pension and DA on pay simultaneously.

Any other point that escaped. Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sinha_audit; 14-10-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Alok Sinha.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Better seek absorption in autonomous organisation in which case be deemed to have been retrired from Govt service and all pensionary benefits are available except the leave encashment which shall be restricted to 300 days in entire service where CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 exist

Quote Originally Posted by RKPATHAK View Post
    Better seek absorption in autonomous organisation in which case be deemed to have been retrired from Govt service and all pensionary benefits are available except the leave encashment which shall be restricted to 300 days in entire service where CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 exist
    Thanks Pathak sir. What about pay fixation in new post, whether clause in r/o deduction from new pay over "ignorable part" of pension (ignorable part of pension now raised to Rs 4000 in previous OM) in cases of re-employed Central Govt pensioners would also be applicable in this case? Please refer to query nos. 2 and 4 put forword by me and shed light.
    Last edited by sinha_audit; 14-10-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Alok Sinha.

To Pathak sir, Victor Sir and other eminent members:
    In light of restriction of leave encashment to 300 days (and 60 days for LTC) in entire service where CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 exist, I presume Leave Account will carry forword to new organisation even when all other pensionary benefits were availed of? Kindly reply.
    Alok Sinha.

It will be applied in case one wish to get his past service counted for retirement benefits. In case a GS has completed 10 years service in previous department, it would be better to seek permanent absorption in autonomous organisation in that case the GS is considered deemed to have been retired from Govt Service and start service in autonomous organisation a fresh and enjoy all the benefits in both the organisations

Normally organisations do not accept the liability of carry forward of leave

Junior Member vijgeet is on a distinguished road

Default Absorption pension regarding

Dear Sinha my best wishes on your selection. I am also selected for the post you have mentioned. I present the details obtained by me :

(a) If the GS opts for pensionary benefit , the basic pay will be fixed at the minimum, in our case it is Rs.15600.

(b) The option for combined service benefit or pensionary benefit shall be applied within 6 months from the date of absorption.

However I would like to raise a doubt , as i heard from Pay and Accounts Office that , pensionary benefits are granted only in one-lump sum (as per commutation calculations) and 1/3 pension will be restored after 15 years. The GS is not eligible for grant of monthly pension. If this is the prevailing position then we stand to lose.

However I had noticed from one of the forms exclusively meant for absorption , to be
    sent from the previous department to new estt. , that commutation (upto 40%) is admissible. In this case we are eligible to draw monthly pension.

I also request all eminent members to clarify on this issue.

My mail-id (vijgeet@yahoo.com)

Vijay Anand S

Junior Member vijgeet is on a distinguished road

Default Absorption pension regarding

Dear Sinha my best wishes on your selection. I am also selected for the post you have mentioned. I present the details obtained by me :

(a) If the GS opts for pensionary benefit , the basic pay will be fixed at the minimum, in our case it is Rs.15600.

(b) The option for combined service benefit or pensionary benefit shall be applied within 6 months from the date of absorption.

(c) DR is admissible at prevailing rates.

However I would like to raise a doubt as i heard from PAO that , pensionary benefits
    are granted only in one-lump sum (as per commutation calculations) and 1/3 pension
    will be restored after 15 years. The GS is not eligible for grant of monthly pension. If
    this is the prevailing position then we stand to lose.

However I had noticed from one of the forms exclusively meant for absorption , to be
    sent from the previous department to new estt. , that commutation (upto 40%) is admissible. In this case we are eligible to draw monthly pension.

I also request all eminent members to clarify on this issue.

My mail-id (vijgeet@yahoo.com)

Vijay Anand S

Dear Vijay,
    Welcome on GConnect. Congrats on your selection too.
    I vividly remember our brief meeting on 23rd Aug when we both went upstairs.

The offer of appointment made it clear that leave account would not be carried forward. Your points are correct. Commutation up to 40% of pension is permisssible and commuted portion shall be restored after a lapse of 15 years from the date of commutation, as in normal case.

I dont know yet about CGEGIS (hardly matters, though; just academic interest), however EL stands encashable but HPL shall be forfeited.

We would be able to draw both monthly pension and Pay fixed at minimum in new post. I gather that both DR on pension and DA on pay would be simultaneously admissible, though not sure yet.

I suggest you to flip over Swamy's Pension Compilation (=> 2010 edition), as I have not done yet. Too engrossed in Audit

The cons:
    1. You'd get neither Gratuity for further service (Gratuity admissible only once) nor pension (right now pension would be paltry compared to that of our superannuation time).
    2. Facility of GPF would discontinue.

Plz do revert with your opinion.
    Alok Sinha (sinha_audit@yahoo.co.in)

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

All have made very significant observations which you have to deeply analyse and decide.

Is the GOI autonomous orgn is purely a Govt organisation?

If you are able to "technically resign" to get continuity in service etc in the next organisation which also is prely Govt., then you may be able t to retain the retirement pension benefit under "Old Pension Scheme" which may be quite useful.

On the contrary if you encash all benefits once for all in the current post , then you have to go to the New Pension Scheme in the new Orgn which you have to analyse and see if you are enamoured.

What arethe Pay and Pension Rules of the new organisation? Pl chk and analyse before joining!

vnatarajan

Senior Member Gopal Krishan is on a distinguished road

Before any senior is in a position to advise in the matter precisely, it would be desirable for you concerned to check up the rules etc. governing your service in the new organization and pose your problem in specific term as advised by out hon'ble senior member Vnatarajan Sahib.

regards,
    Gopal Krishan

+ Reply to Thread