+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leave encashment on Resignation

Junior Member ikkru is on a distinguished road

Default Leave encashment on Resignation

Sir
    I was working in postal department from 2005 to 2012 august (7 years). In last august I “technically resigned” from postal department and joined in Central Excise department. And transferred my SB to new department. I am also got pay protection here. Now working here (probation period) for last 2 months. Now I got selected as Probationary officer in a public sector bank and submit my Resignation (NOT technical resignation).
    I have 80 EL and 30 HPL in my credit. Do iam eligible for leave encashment. Here they are telling that iam not eligible because, now I am only a temporary employee here in central excise department. What is the rule?

please help

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ikkru View Post
    Sir
    I was working in postal department from 2005 to 2012 august (7 years). In last august I “technically resigned” from postal department and joined in Central Excise department. And transferred my SB to new department. I am also got pay protection here. Now working here (probation period) for last 2 months. Now I got selected as Probationary officer in a public sector bank and submit my Resignation (NOT technical resignation).
    I have 80 EL and 30 HPL in my credit. Do iam eligible for leave encashment. Here they are telling that iam not eligible because, now I am only a temporary employee here in central excise department. What is the rule?

please help
    Encashment of 50% of EL (i.e. 40 EL in your case) is permissible on resignation from service, vide Rule 39(6)(a)(ii) of CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972. There is no condition in this rule that Govt. Servant should be permanent in service.

Rule 39(6)(a)(ii) of CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 is reproduced below for reference:

(ii) If a Government servant resigns or quits service, he may be granted, suo motu, by the authority competent to grant leave, cash equivalent in respect of earned leave at his credit on the date of cessation of service, to the extent of half of such leave at his credit, subject to a maximum of 150 days.

Victor

Junior Member sivak1964 is on a distinguished road

No Half Pay leave is permissible for encashment

+ Reply to Thread