+ Reply to Thread

Thread: one time increment

Junior Member sainik is on a distinguished road

Default one time increment

Dear sir,

I was in the 10000-325-15200 scale with a basic pay of Rs. 14225 till August 2005.
    I have been promoted from 10000-325-15200 to 12000-375-16500 on August 2005 and I have opted for pay fixation on my date of next increment in April 2006. Accordingly, the pay fixation was done with two increments (one for yearly increment and another one for promotion) in April 2006 and since then I have been getting the increments in April every year. After implementation of 6CPC, my pay was fixed as Rs.26460 (i.e. 14225*.1.86) on 1.1.2006 with grade pay of 7600 and the pay was refixed again on July 2006 due to my promotion in august 2005 and opted pay fixation on the date of next increment (i.e.april 2006). On July 2006, my pay in the pay band (15600-39100 GP 7600) was fixed Rs.28490 (after adding two increments on my pay as on 1.1.2006) with grade pay of 7600.

Now that the new one time increment order of March 19, 2012 entitles those whose increment falls between february and june 2006 for one increment on 1.1.2006 with next increment on 1.7.2006. I feel that my case also falls under this category as my date of increment before 6CPC was April. But, my office did not consider one time increment to me saying that the order pertains only to those whose increment falls between february and june 2006 and NOT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE GOT PROMOTION AND PAY FIXATION DONE DURING THE PERIOD FEB-JUN 2006.

I request you to kindly clarify whether I am entitled for the one time increment with details so that I can request my office to consider the same.

Thanks,

Sainik

Member gokul1969

Quote Originally Posted by sainik View Post
    Dear sir,

I was in the 10000-325-15200 scale with a basic pay of Rs. 14225 till August 2005.
    I have been promoted from 10000-325-15200 to 12000-375-16500 on August 2005 and I have opted for pay fixation on my date of next increment in April 2006. Accordingly, the pay fixation was done with two increments (one for yearly increment and another one for promotion) in April 2006 and since then I have been getting the increments in April every year. After implementation of 6CPC, my pay was fixed as Rs.26460 (i.e. 14225*.1.86) on 1.1.2006 with grade pay of 7600 and the pay was refixed again on July 2006 due to my promotion in august 2005 and opted pay fixation on the date of next increment (i.e.april 2006). On July 2006, my pay in the pay band (15600-39100 GP 7600) was fixed Rs.28490 (after adding two increments on my pay as on 1.1.2006) with grade pay of 7600.

Now that the new one time increment order of March 19, 2012 entitles those whose increment falls between february and june 2006 for one increment on 1.1.2006 with next increment on 1.7.2006. I feel that my case also falls under this category as my date of increment before 6CPC was April. But, my office did not consider one time increment to me saying that the order pertains only to those whose increment falls between february and june 2006 and NOT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE GOT PROMOTION AND PAY FIXATION DONE DURING THE PERIOD FEB-JUN 2006.

I request you to kindly clarify whether I am entitled for the one time increment with details so that I can request my office to consider the same.

Thanks,

Sainik
    Dear Sri Victor,

Kindly confirm as to whether the fixation of pay in the first instance granting two increment in July,2006 is correct.

Regards

Gokul

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by gokul1969 View Post
    Dear Sri Victor,

Kindly confirm as to whether the fixation of pay in the first instance granting two increment in July,2006 is correct.

Regards

Gokul
    The grant of two increments on 1st July 2006 in the revised pay structure is NOT in order.

Victor

Dear Sir,

The two increments given on 1st July 2006 (promotion was on 1st August 2005 and fixation option was date of next increment i.e. april 2006) as per the fixation on date of next increment. one annual increment and one on account of promotion. the increment was calculated on basic pay prior to the date of promotion.

The question is if there is no promotion in august 2005, then I would have got the one time increment on 1.1.2006 (since my increment falls in april 2006) and then the normal increment on on 1.7.2006.

But with my promotion in august 2005 and I chose fixation on my date of next increment i.e. april 2006, I should have been given one time increment on 1.1.2006 and accordingly my pay should have been fixed on 1.1.2006. On 1st July the regular increment plus promotion increment should have been given.

I lost the one time increment extended to those whose increment falls between feb-jun 2006.

Learned members may kindly clarify and advise.

Thanks,

Sainik

Dear Sri Victor,

Regards

Gokul

Member gokul1969

Dear friend,

Your contention that you are eligible for grant of two increment in July,2006 one for promotion and one regular increment is applicable only in respect of those officials got promotion after 1.1.2006. Since you got promotion in August,2005 that option is not available to you. You must have revised your option on implementation of 6th CPC, I am of the opinion that the two increments given to you in NOT in order. As such the question of getting one more increment in January,2006 does not arise.

Regards

Gokul

Dear Mr. Gokul/Mr. Victor/other learned members

The fact that I got promotion in august 2005 and fixation was done only in July 2006 as I opted for pay fixation on date of next increment i.e.April 2006(as per 5CPC fundamental rules FR 22), I did not receive any promotion benefits from august 2005 till July 2006. On 1.1.2006, my pay in the pay band was calculated only on the basic that I was getting in august 2005 (multiplied by 1.86). It is only in July 2006 refixation done wherein I was given one increment for promotion and one for the normal.

My only contention is that as in the case of those whose increment falls between february - june 2006 were given one time increment on 1.1.2006, and my increment date also falls in april 2006, I should have also been given one time increment on the pre-revised pay on 1.1.2006.

Just to explain it further, assuming that, I have not got the promotion in august 2005, my pay would have been fixed on 1.1.2006 as per the 6CPC (multiplied by 1.86) and one time increment would have been given. Again in July 2006, I would have got the normal increment.

I hope I am making it clear to the members with a request to give your expert opinions on this matter.

I am sure many of our friends in the central government depts would have also faced similar situation. Those whose increment date is february-june and got promotion during August-December 2005 and opted for pay fixation on the date of next increment are requested to share their pay fixation details. That will give a clear picture of the matter concerned.

Looking forward to hearing from you friends.

Sainik

QUOTE=gokul1969;16980]Dear friend,

Your contention that you are eligible for grant of two increment in July,2006 one for promotion and one regular increment is applicable only in respect of those officials got promotion after 1.1.2006. Since you got promotion in August,2005 that option is not available to you. You must have revised your option on implementation of 6th CPC, I am of the opinion that the two increments given to you in NOT in order. As such the question of getting one more increment in January,2006 does not arise.

Regards

Gokul[/QUOTE]

Dear friend,

Regards

Gokul

The fact that I got promotion in august 2005 and fixation was done only in July 2006 as I opted for pay fixation on date of next increment i.e.April 2006(as per 5CPC fundamental rules FR 22), I did not receive any promotion benefits from august 2005 till July 2006. On 1.1.2006, my pay in the pay band was calculated only on the basic that I was getting in august 2005 (multiplied by 1.86). It is only in July 2006 refixation done wherein I was given one increment for promotion and one for the normal.

My only contention is that as in the case of those whose increment falls between february - june 2006 were given one time increment on 1.1.2006, and my increment date also falls in april 2006, I should have also been given one time increment on the pre-revised pay on 1.1.2006.

Just to explain it further, assuming that, I have not got the promotion in august 2005, my pay would have been fixed on 1.1.2006 as per the 6CPC (multiplied by 1.86) and one time increment would have been given. Again in July 2006, I would have got the normal increment.

I hope I am making it clear to the members with a request to give your expert opinions on this matter.

I am sure many of our friends in the central government depts would have also faced similar situation. Those whose increment date is february-june and got promotion during August-December 2005 and opted for pay fixation on the date of next increment are requested to share their pay fixation details. That will give a clear picture of the matter concerned.

Sainik

QUOTE=gokul1969;16980]Dear friend,

Regards

Gokul[/QUOTE]

Junior Member ramadevik is on a distinguished road

Default pay fixation

Senior memebers,

I am also an affected employee like Mr Sainik. WE are eight of us who have been affected like this because we were promoted between aug -december 2005 and opted for fixation along with AI between feb - june 2006.

There is a clear OM dt 13 Sep 08 for people who were promoted after 1-1-06. But clarification for people who were promoted in 2005 and opted like us has not been taken up / not received. It is only being interpreted with the existing orders. Why I am telling this is because my office refused to give our promotion increment along with AI in Jul 06 but Mr Sainik's office has awarded it to him. A clarification from appropriate authority was requested by us from our office. But was not done.

There is an OM for HAG scale where a lump sum amount of Rs. 2000/- on the date of promotion and an promotion increment along with AI in Jul . I do not know if it is applicable for us. ( how rules can change for different scales)

Our juniors who were promoted in Jun 06 are fixed appx 400/- more in BP after this OM dt 19 Mar 12 because their increment was between feb to jun (like us). Now how to overcame this.

One more typical case I can tell:
    Mr A - AI on Feb 2005, fixed BP 7425/-
    Promoted from 5500-175-9000 to 6500-200-10500 in Jun 05 and opted for
    fixation, fixed at BP 7700/-
    Now that one additional increment is awarded for feb - jun people,
    as on 1 Jan 06 the individual is fixed at BP 7900/-
    Further has been given AI in Jul 06.

From the same panel, I was also promoted to the same scale in Sep 05. I am next to Mr A above in the panel. Only my vacancy was available as on 1 Sep 05, so I assumed the promotion on that date. My BP is also Rs 7425/- i.e. before promotion. My date of AI was Apr 06 before 6 CPC.

Now , Sirs you can see that Mr A has been awarded three increments in one year.
    My junior who was promoted in Jun 06 ( my next panel) with the same BP of Rs 7425/- before promotion and AI in Apr 06 was asked to give a revised option as per OM dt 13 Sep 08 . So two increments was awarded in Jul 06 (AI + Promotion increment). Now that one additional increment is awarded for feb - jun people,
    as on 1 Jan 06 the individual is fixed at BP 7600/- ( before this additional increment BP as on 1 Jan 06 was Rs 7425/-).

Can this be taken up with any authorities in individual capacity. Is there any mechanism available for redressal of this injustice.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sainik View Post

Sainik
    Your contention that you did not get any promotion benefits from Aug 2005 till April 2006 is NOT correct. As per FR 22 you were entitled to interim fixation of Rs. 14250 in the pre-revised scale of 12000-16500 w.e.f. the date of promotion in August 2005 and hence your fixation on 1.1.2006 should have been done based on this pay and not Rs. 14225.

Your pay fixation on 1.7.2006 where you got an extra increment for promotion in Aug 2005 is NOT supported by any rule/order. If this fixation is correct then kindly quote the rule provision for the benefit of everybody.

Your attention is also invited to OM dated 29.1.2009 (Sl. No. 1) in which cases of promotion before 1.1.2006 with re-fixation after 1.1.2006 were considered although in a different context. (http://finmin.nic.in/6cpc/fno1108dt290109.pdf)

In this case the MOF did not specify how pay would be re-fixed w.e.f. the date of increment (after 1.1.2006) but only advised that the initial option on promotion under FR 22 could be revised in view of unforseen developments or change in rules. This implies that you can change your initial option of pay fixation on promotion but there is no method by which fixation of pay under the split option could be partially done under 5 CPC and partially under 6 CPC. The complete fixation has to be done either in the 5 CPC structure or in the 6CPC structure but certainly cannot overlap.

As regards entitlement under One Time Increment Order dated 19.3.2012, your case does not fit in exactly within its provisions as there is no mention of cases where promotion has taken place in 2005 and re-fixation is done during Feb-June 2006.

Victor
    Last edited by Victor; 07-08-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Junior Member Gopalk is on a distinguished road

Default One time increment - anomaly overlooked ?

I am also an affected person. My promotion was in August 2005 and increment was in May. I opted for refixation in May 2006. When 6th Pay commission was implemented my pay was fixed on 1.1.2006 without taking the increments which I had got in May 2006. Then after the clarification I was given chance to change my earlier option and I changed it to first option and pay fixed in August 2005 itself. After that, the ‘one time increment’ order has come and I feel I should also get this benefit. I understand Government policy is to give choice to employees whichever is beneficial to him.

Some of my observations are as follows :

1. Now a junior who got promotion after 1.1.06 is getting the benefit but his senior is losing the same for a difference of few months which is not justified.
    2. For Government servants, refixation option is available for each and everyone but for people who got promotion in the year 2005 second option is not available – this is not fair and also looks like a defect. Some formula should have been devised for these cases.

This matter requires more discussion and attention and a solution should be found out by the appropriate authorities. Clear anomaly exists in our cases.

Junior Member Gopalk is on a distinguished road

Default Please clarify

What is the reason of removing my opinion ? What was wrong ?

Junior Member Prachi Arora is on a distinguished road

Default Choice of option is with the employee concerned

Facts of the case

v Promotedin Aug 2005 in 12000-375-16500

v Opted forpromotion benefits after DNI in lower post in April 2006 and getting incrementevery April thereafter

v Pre-promotionstage was 14225 in 10000-325-15200 – Lower post

v Didn’t revise option of promotion after 6CPC- No one can force the employee concerned to revise the option

v Was granted 2 increments on 01.7.2006 inrevised pay-scale of 6 CPC

[ Although MoF OM dated 13.9.08 provides for clarification on pay fixationon DNI, it does not find specific mention for instant case nature; apparently the pay-fixation in instant casewas done as per OM dated 13.9.08 above ]

v Now wants additional increment on 01.1.2006as per OM dated 19.3.2012

Present Options

(Withoutpre-judice to the reasonability of past fixation on 01.7.2006) The member concerned might have following optionsin view of the OM dated 19.3.2012. Please do correct me if my perception is notappropriate

Option I

v Memberconcerned may revise the option on promotion in Aug 2005 to that of “Immediateeffect”

o His pay gets fixed at 14625 in Aug 2005

o He gets basic pay 34810 (incl GP 7600) as on01.1.2006, and

o He earns annual increment on 01.7.2006 in RP scale

Option II

v Member retainshis option of benefits after DNI in lower post which shall stand revised to01.1.2006 (but in pre-revised scale)

o His pay gets fixed at 14250 in Aug 2005

o His pay gets re-fixed at 14550 due to annualincrement in lower post; which is again raised to 14625 due to NotionalIncrement

o He gets basic pay 34810 (incl GP 7600) as on01.1.2006, and

o He earns annual increment on 01.7.2006 in RP scale

Itis quite obvious as to which option the member should adopt, although he isfree to choose the option and the same cannot be forced by anyone.

+ Reply to Thread