+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Increment on MACP and promotion thereafter

  1. #1
    Senior Member soodeep is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    130

    Default Increment on MACP and promotion thereafter

    Please clarify on the following matters:

    One of my colleagues joined as Auditor (Scale 1200-2040/4500-7000 (Upgraded)/GP 2800) (IA&AD) in 1997 and got promoted to the post of Sr. Auditor (GP 4200) in 2001. After 10 years of service he got MACP in July 2011 by granting one increment(3%) and grade pay of 4600, though there was no existence of this grade pay in the hierarchy of IA&AD. As per point 4 of Annexure I of OM No. 35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) dated 19.05.2009, if the Govt. servant, having received MACP, got promoted either in higher or same grade pay, no pay fixation would be available and only balance grade pay(in case of higher grade pay) would be made available.

    Now, he passed the SAS examination in 2012 and got promoted to the post of AAO (carrying 4800 GP). No notional increment has been awarded as per that Annexure of OM dated 19.05.2009.

    In the 3rd line of the same point (4 of Annexure I) it has been mentioned that at the time of 'regular promotion' and in the next line 'actual promotion'. It may be mentioned here that in IA&AD for Sr. Auditors (without passing SAS exam.), there is only one regular line of promotion i.e. Supervisor, carrying 4800 GP and never be eligible for promotion to the post of AAO (without passing SAS). Further, in our recruitment rule for AAOs, it has been clarified that on passing SAS, the person will be appointed as AAO (not promoted). In the NOTIFICATION, it has been mentioned that "Consequent on his passing the SAS examination, Mr. X has been appointed as AAO"

    My question is whether promotion in different line of promotion i.e. passing examination (main criteria) is to be taken as 'regular promotion' or not? If it is not regular promotion, he will be eligible for fixation further.

    Senior and respected members, kindly clarify

  2. #2
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soodeep View Post
    Please clarify on the following matters:

    One of my colleagues joined as Auditor (Scale 1200-2040/4500-7000 (Upgraded)/GP 2800) (IA&AD) in 1997 and got promoted to the post of Sr. Auditor (GP 4200) in 2001. After 10 years of service he got MACP in July 2011 by granting one increment(3%) and grade pay of 4600, though there was no existence of this grade pay in the hierarchy of IA&AD. As per point 4 of Annexure I of OM No. 35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) dated 19.05.2009, if the Govt. servant, having received MACP, got promoted either in higher or same grade pay, no pay fixation would be available and only balance grade pay(in case of higher grade pay) would be made available.

    Now, he passed the SAS examination in 2012 and got promoted to the post of AAO (carrying 4800 GP). No notional increment has been awarded as per that Annexure of OM dated 19.05.2009.

    In the 3rd line of the same point (4 of Annexure I) it has been mentioned that at the time of 'regular promotion' and in the next line 'actual promotion'. It may be mentioned here that in IA&AD for Sr. Auditors (without passing SAS exam.), there is only one regular line of promotion i.e. Supervisor, carrying 4800 GP and never be eligible for promotion to the post of AAO (without passing SAS). Further, in our recruitment rule for AAOs, it has been clarified that on passing SAS, the person will be appointed as AAO (not promoted). In the NOTIFICATION, it has been mentioned that "Consequent on his passing the SAS examination, Mr. X has been appointed as AAO"

    My question is whether promotion in different line of promotion i.e. passing examination (main criteria) is to be taken as 'regular promotion' or not? If it is not regular promotion, he will be eligible for fixation further.

    Senior and respected members, kindly clarify
    As per RRs, is the post of Sr. Auditors a feeder grade for appointment as AAO. If yes, then it is a regular promotion for Sr Auditors with the qualifying of SAS Exam being only a pre-condition.

    Also refer to the first sentence of para 4 of Annexure-I of MACP Scheme.

    Further, take a hypothetical case where a Sr. Auditor with GP 4200 is directly appointed as AAO with GP 4800 without receiving any MACP benefit. How will the pay be fixed. Obviously grant one increment + new GP. So how can a Sr. Auditor with GP 4600 (under MACP) get the benefit of another increment???

    Victor

  3. #3
    Senior Member soodeep is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Respected Victor,

    In IA&AD, there was two different line of promotion for Group C (erstwhile) & B personnel.

    1st line
    Clerk/Typist, (3050-4590)
    Auditor (4500-7000)
    Sr. Auditor (5500-9000)
    Supervisor (6500-10500)

    Any person cant get any promotion other than this line, if he/she does not take SAS examination. Any body either C/T or Auditor can take the SAS exam after due period (3 years etc.) and after passing the same, can get the promotion to AAO subject to availability of vacancy.

    2nd line
    Clerk/Typist, (3050-4590) (Promotional post or direct recruit)
    Auditor (4500-7000) (2800 GP) (Promotional post or direct recruit)
    Sr. Auditor (5500-9000)(4200 GP) (Only promotional post)
    Supervisor (6500-10500)(4600 GP)(Only promotional post)
    Section Officer (6500-10500) (SAS passed only for depatt. candidates and direct recruit as probationer)
    Assistant Audit Officer (7450-11500) (Now (w.e.f. 01.01.06)SO & AAO have merged with 4800 GP)(previously so is feeder cadres for AAO. now it is feeder for AO)
    Audit Officer (7500-12000)(9300+5400GP) (Only promotional post)
    Sr. Audit Officer (8000-13500)(15600-39100+5400 GP) (Only promotional post)
    Assistant Accountant General (8000-13500-New sCALE) (If nominated and accepted; or direct IA&AS) (Same as above)
    Deputy Accountant General (10000-15200) (6600 GP)
    Sr. Deputy Accountant General. etc.

    From this hierarchy, it is obvious that Sr. Ar. is not feeder cadre for AAOs.

    My point is
    If a Sr. AR having 9 years service and got promoted as Supervisor (without passing SAS) he will get increment @3% + 4800.

    If then, he passed SAS and got promoted as AAO, he will not be entitled for increment as it is on same grade pay (4800)

    But, AAO cadre is not regular promotion, but appointed after passing SAS etc.

    In this case the person got promoted in 2011. If he now opts for not taking MACP, and rather taking AAO promotion on 2012, will it be possible.

    kindly clarify

  4. #4
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    The case is a bit complicated but the following issues still remain:

    1. Appointment in this case can be broadly classified as 'Promotion' or 'Direct Recruitment'.

    2. Whether SAS Exam can be taken only by departmental candidates having a particular designation with a specific no. of years of service. If yes, then the appointment as AAO can only be termed as regular promotion with the SAS exam being only a qualifying step.

    3. If the appointment of AAO is considered as 'Direct Recruitment' then NO pay fixation under Rule 13 of CCS(RP) Rules, 2008 is admisible, as this pertains to 'promotion' cases only. Fixation in such cases would be done under Section II of Part A of the First Schedule of CCS(RP) Rules, 2008 applicable for Direct Recruits.

    4. I am not aware of any provision under the MACP Scheme for refusing financial upgradation.

    5. My earlier query on the methodology of pay fixation on appointment of Sr. Auditor (GP 4200) as AAO (GP 4800) on passing SAS exam, but without going through the MACP route still remains unanswered.

    Victor

  5. #5
    Senior Member soodeep is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I want to answer all the queries as under:

    1) I think the case is appointment rather than promotion. A Notification for the appointment to the post of AAO is attached for reference.

    2) SAS examination can be taken by departmental candidates with some qualifying service. A Graduate Clerk-Typist or Auditor can take the exam after 3 years regular service. But I want to quote the RR for AAOs "Section Officer's (re‐designated as Assistant Accounts /Audit Officers) service is an appointment and no person who has not passed Section Officers' Grade Examination (Now SAS) is eligible for appointment as Assistant Accounts/Audit Officer and thus not regular line of promotion…". The same point has been raised before Dy. CAG from one of the association of IA&AD (Demand No. 5, Line 13th & Page 8). But, the Dy. CAG explained that passing the SAS is a mandatory criterion for determining eligibility for promotion to the post of AAO but not a sufficient one as promotions are linked with availability of vacancies.The link of the minutes is as http://saiindia.gov.in/english/home/...e/23_01_12.pdf.

    3) Apart from that, department also recruits Assistant Audit Officer (Probationer) through Staff Selection Commission. The concerned AAO(P) also required to pass the SAS for becoming AAO. After 3 calendar years continuous services, they will be eligible for next promotion.

    4) I think, any CT/Sr. Ar. promoted to AAO is appointment, not recruitment. However, you valued comment is required.

    5) As I do not know the consequences of refusal of MACP as of now, i.e. at the time of promotion to the post of AAO, I have asked the question. I want to know whether it will be beneficial for Govt. Servant and obviously within the periphery of the Order, OMs etc. for MACP etc.

    6) Lastly, If a Senior Auditor appointed/promoted to AAO, he will be eligible for 3% increment on (x+4200) = (y+4800); x= Basic Pay before promotion; y= Basic pay after promotion.

    Kindly let me know whether it is (i.e. on receiving MACP (4600) & got promoted to AAO) regular promotion or not?


    Thank you in anticipation.....
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (83.5 KB, 5 views)

  6. #6
    Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    KERALA
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soodeep View Post
    Respected Victor,

    In IA&AD, there was two different line of promotion for Group C (erstwhile) & B personnel.

    1st line
    Clerk/Typist, (3050-4590)
    Auditor (4500-7000)
    Sr. Auditor (5500-9000)
    Supervisor (6500-10500)

    Any person cant get any promotion other than this line, if he/she does not take SAS examination. Any body either C/T or Auditor can take the SAS exam after due period (3 years etc.) and after passing the same, can get the promotion to AAO subject to availability of vacancy.

    2nd line
    Clerk/Typist, (3050-4590) (Promotional post or direct recruit)
    Auditor (4500-7000) (2800 GP) (Promotional post or direct recruit)
    Sr. Auditor (5500-9000)(4200 GP) (Only promotional post)
    Supervisor (6500-10500)(4600 GP)(Only promotional post)
    Section Officer (6500-10500) (SAS passed only for depatt. candidates and direct recruit as probationer)
    Assistant Audit Officer (7450-11500) (Now (w.e.f. 01.01.06)SO & AAO have merged with 4800 GP)(previously so is feeder cadres for AAO. now it is feeder for AO)
    Audit Officer (7500-12000)(9300+5400GP) (Only promotional post)
    Sr. Audit Officer (8000-13500)(15600-39100+5400 GP) (Only promotional post)
    Assistant Accountant General (8000-13500-New sCALE) (If nominated and accepted; or direct IA&AS) (Same as above)
    Deputy Accountant General (10000-15200) (6600 GP)
    Sr. Deputy Accountant General. etc.

    From this hierarchy, it is obvious that Sr. Ar. is not feeder cadre for AAOs.

    My point is
    If a Sr. AR having 9 years service and got promoted as Supervisor (without passing SAS) he will get increment @3% + 4800.

    If then, he passed SAS and got promoted as AAO, he will not be entitled for increment as it is on same grade pay (4800)

    But, AAO cadre is not regular promotion, but appointed after passing SAS etc.

    In this case the person got promoted in 2011. If he now opts for not taking MACP, and rather taking AAO promotion on 2012, will it be possible.

    kindly clarify
    The posts of Auditors and Assistant Audit Officers are filled both by direct recruitment and by promotion. In both these cases those promoted to the post can not claim the benefit of direct recruitment for the purpose of MACP. In my opinion, there is no provision to refuse the upgradation under MACP. Further I doubt whether there will be any benefit if he forgoes the MACP and accepts the promotion.

    sasi

  7. #7
    Senior Member soodeep is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Firstly HATS OFF to Senior Members who pay heed to my so long query...

    Secondly, fair enough, both the senior members have the opinion that the promotion is regular, not appointment.

    One thing, I disagree...

    I have mentioned that the person joined in the post Auditor, now carrying 2800 GP, he got one promotion as Sr. Ar., carrying 4200 GP,
    got MACP, carrying 4600,
    now promoted to AAO carrying 4800.

    If he refuses MACP, he will get another MACP, after 30 years regular service or 10 year in the post of AAO whichever is later, as his chances of another promotion is remote as per gradation list.

    Am I right? THANX AGAIN.

  8. #8
    Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    KERALA
    Posts
    365

    Default

    No refusal in case of MACP. He will be eligible for 3rd MACP anyway.

    sasi
    Last edited by SASI; 23-06-2012 at 07:26 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member soodeep is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    130

    Default

    How?

    He got already three.. (from 2800 to 4200), (from 4200 to 4600) & (from 4600 to 4800)

    Will the last one not be taken into account?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soodeep View Post
    I want to answer all the queries as under:

    1) I think the case is appointment rather than promotion. A Notification for the appointment to the post of AAO is attached for reference.

    2) SAS examination can be taken by departmental candidates with some qualifying service. A Graduate Clerk-Typist or Auditor can take the exam after 3 years regular service. But I want to quote the RR for AAOs "Section Officer's (re‐designated as Assistant Accounts /Audit Officers) service is an appointment and no person who has not passed Section Officers' Grade Examination (Now SAS) is eligible for appointment as Assistant Accounts/Audit Officer and thus not regular line of promotion…". The same point has been raised before Dy. CAG from one of the association of IA&AD (Demand No. 5, Line 13th & Page 8). But, the Dy. CAG explained that passing the SAS is a mandatory criterion for determining eligibility for promotion to the post of AAO but not a sufficient one as promotions are linked with availability of vacancies.The link of the minutes is as http://saiindia.gov.in/english/home/...e/23_01_12.pdf.

    3) Apart from that, department also recruits Assistant Audit Officer (Probationer) through Staff Selection Commission. The concerned AAO(P) also required to pass the SAS for becoming AAO. After 3 calendar years continuous services, they will be eligible for next promotion.

    4) I think, any CT/Sr. Ar. promoted to AAO is appointment, not recruitment. However, you valued comment is required.

    5) As I do not know the consequences of refusal of MACP as of now, i.e. at the time of promotion to the post of AAO, I have asked the question. I want to know whether it will be beneficial for Govt. Servant and obviously within the periphery of the Order, OMs etc. for MACP etc.

    6) Lastly, If a Senior Auditor appointed/promoted to AAO, he will be eligible for 3% increment on (x+4200) = (y+4800); x= Basic Pay before promotion; y= Basic pay after promotion.

    Kindly let me know whether it is (i.e. on receiving MACP (4600) & got promoted to AAO) regular promotion or not?


    Thank you in anticipation.....
    In my view "Appointment" is a generic term for taking over any post. The question is how you get there. You can either go through the promotion route or through the open market route (better known as direct recruitment).

    The passing of SAS examination can only be a pre-condition for showing that you deserve the post. The promotion would, however, be subject to availability of vacancies, as you have yourself have pointed out.

    As I said earlier, I am not aware of any provision under the MACP Scheme for refusing financial upgradation.

    Lastly, on passing SAS exam if a Sr. Auditor (GP 4200) is appointed as AAO (GP 4800) with the benefit of one increment only, then how can the Sr. Auditor get the benefit again if he in the meantime gets GP 4600 through the MACP route?

    Victor

  11. #11
    Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    KERALA
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soodeep View Post
    How?

    He got already three.. (from 2800 to 4200), (from 4200 to 4600) & (from 4600 to 4800)

    Will the last one not be taken into account?

    The MACP Scheme has come in to effect from 1-9-2008. As on 1-9-2008 he has got one Promotion to the GP of 4200, his 1st promotion. Then he gets his 2nd MACP to the GP of 4600 in 2011. His next promotion to the GP 4800(without fixation benefit) in 2012 is his 2nd promotion and hence he will be eligible for 3rd upgradation to the GP of 5400 in 2021. See para 28. Illustrations A( i to iii)of the MACP Order.

    sasi

  12. #12
    Senior Member soodeep is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Thanks to both of YOU.

  13. #13
    Junior Member krishnamurthyp is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default incriment MACP REG

    Sir I got 2 Macps from the date of sixth pay commission my basic was on jan 2006 is 7500/- in the pay scale [6500-10599 grade 200 increment ] in the ne grade pay was at that time i.e jan 2006 4800/.And I got A macp in the grade pay 5400 on 1st.Oct 2007, and 2nd MACP on 1st. jan 2012 in the grade pay is 6600 . present my basic pay is including G P 25700 how much I am going to be fixed and arrears, I am not staying in the quarters and I am a P H candidate I am getting T A double So plz Help me the Hole calculations plz thanking u sir this is my mail I D Plz understand my egarly weating the calculation reg
    [email protected]

  14. #14
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krishnamurthyp View Post
    Sir I got 2 Macps from the date of sixth pay commission my basic was on jan 2006 is 7500/- in the pay scale [6500-10599 grade 200 increment ] in the ne grade pay was at that time i.e jan 2006 4800/.And I got A macp in the grade pay 5400 on 1st.Oct 2007, and 2nd MACP on 1st. jan 2012 in the grade pay is 6600 . present my basic pay is including G P 25700 how much I am going to be fixed and arrears, I am not staying in the quarters and I am a P H candidate I am getting T A double So plz Help me the Hole calculations plz thanking u sir this is my mail I D Plz understand my egarly weating the calculation reg
    [email protected]
    Your query is not clear. I presume you have been granted ACP/MACP with retrospective effect. If this is so, then kindly provide the details of pay drawn in the 6CPC from time to time. The data should be provided in the following format:

    Date --- Pay in the Pay Band --- Grade Pay.

    If any pay fixation orders have been issued w.r.t. ACP/MACP then the details may also be given in the above format.

    Victor

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-05-2012, 11:11 PM
  2. Grant of increment at the time of 2nd promotion
    By Anil Kumar Chandel in forum Pay Fixation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 08:32 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 08:27 AM
  4. Promotion and Increment
    By manikandan in forum Promotion, ACPS & MACPS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM
  5. fixation when promotion and increment are same
    By lagdha in forum Pay Fixation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-05-2010, 10:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts