+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what is my basic pay

Junior Member navinsingh75 is on a distinguished road

Default what is my basic pay

Dear Sir,

I have working in CPWD as LDC in pay band-5200-20200 Grade pay-1900 (present basic pay as LDC is 7090.00 and GP-1900), I Have passed Departmental Exam of UDC and Joined as UDC on 28-12-2011 in Pay Band-5200-20200 Grade Pay-2400.

After Promotion, I Have opted one of the given option i.e. "to have the pay fix initially at the stage of the scale of the new post".

A new recruited UDC get his 1st pay fixed as per 6th CPC ie.Rs.7510+2400 Grade Pay.

And as per fitment table Rs.4000(basic old scale) i.e. Rs.7440/- + 2400 Grade Pay.

As per DOPT clarification received they said fixation of pay on promotion including through departmental examination shall be done in terms of Rule-13 of CCS(RP)Rules,2008

Sir the question is that "what is my new Basic pay" in the Pay Band-5200-20200 Grade Pay-2400.

If it is less than "new recruit initial pay of UDC" or "minimum of fitment table" it is anomaly OR not?

Waiting for favorable reply.

Navin kumar Singh,

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by navinsingh75 View Post
    Dear Sir,

I have working in CPWD as LDC in pay band-5200-20200 Grade pay-1900 (present basic pay as LDC is 7090.00 and GP-1900), I Have passed Departmental Exam of UDC and Joined as UDC on 28-12-2011 in Pay Band-5200-20200 Grade Pay-2400.

After Promotion, I Have opted one of the given option i.e. "to have the pay fix initially at the stage of the scale of the new post".

A new recruited UDC get his 1st pay fixed as per 6th CPC ie.Rs.7510+2400 Grade Pay.

And as per fitment table Rs.4000(basic old scale) i.e. Rs.7440/- + 2400 Grade Pay.

As per DOPT clarification received they said fixation of pay on promotion including through departmental examination shall be done in terms of Rule-13 of CCS(RP)Rules,2008

Sir the question is that "what is my new Basic pay" in the Pay Band-5200-20200 Grade Pay-2400.

If it is less than "new recruit initial pay of UDC" or "minimum of fitment table" it is anomaly OR not?

Waiting for favorable reply.

Navin kumar Singh,
    Fixation on promotion will be as per Rule 13 of CCS(RP) Rules 2008. So you will be entitled to one increment (@3%) plus change in GP to 2400 w.e.f. 28.12.2011. If your pay details on the date of promotion is 7090+GP 1900, then your new pay after promotion will be 7360 + GP 2400.

Initial pay fixation of Direct Recruits appointed on or after 1.1.2006 is covered under Section-II of Part-A of First Schedule of CCS(RP) Rules 2008. As per this Section, pay of fresh appointees at GP 2400 level will be fixed at 7510 + GP 2400.

As per the existing rules, if the pay fixed on promotion is less than the "minimum of the fitment table", then it is NOT considered as an anomaly. However, stepping up of pay has been granted in specific cases where directly recruited juniors are drawing more pay then their seniors. I am aware of such orders being issued in Railways, Central Board of Excise & Customs.

Victor

Default Item No. 7. Fixation of pay on promotion.

thanks sir for replying

BUT i have read Meeting and decisions. report of The first meeting of the National Anomaly Committee was held on 12th December, 2009. Secretary (Personnel) chaired the meeting. and find that
    " Item No. 7.
    Fixation of pay on promotion.
    The minimum Entry pay with Grade Pay in the revised pay structure for direct recruits appointed on or after 1.1.2006 has been specific vide first Schedule, Part –A, Section II of the Gazette Notification of the Govt. of India, Ministry of Finance No. G.S.R. 622 (E) dated 29.8.2008.
    On promotion, the pay of the promotees should not be less than the direct recruits.
    In VI CPC structure there is no pay scale and new concept of grade pay has been inducted, which should determine the status. As such the following provisions need to be inserted below clarification 2. ‘The method of Fixation of Pay on promotion on or after 1.1.2006.
    “on promotion to the higher grade pay of an employee should be fixed appropriately and in any case it should not be less than the entry Pay in the revised pay structure for direct recruits appointed on of after 1.1.2006 for the post.” further, on promotion to the next higher grade pay an employee should be fixed by adding 10% of pay, plus the grade pay as demanded by NC/JCM in its memorandum submitted to the Chairman, NC/JCM/Cabinet secretary on 8.4.2008.
    Decision.
    The Official Side agreed to issue enabling orders in the matter

BUT NOT FIND OFFICIAL SIDE AGREED ORDER

KINDLY REPLY IN LIGHT OF ABOVE DECISION IF IT IS IMPLEMENTED OR YOU HAVE ANY SOURCE OF THIS ORDER FROM DOPT. and also read rule -13 of attached gazzette "http://finmin.nic.in/6cpc/6cpcrevised.pdf"http://finmin.nic.in/6cpc/6cpcrevised.pdf

IS SE BAHUTO KA BHALA HOGA

THANKS WITH REGARDS
    NAVIN KUMAR SINGH
    [email protected]
    Last edited by navinsingh75; 15-06-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: to add link

Quote Originally Posted by navinsingh75 View Post
    thanks sir for replying

BUT i have read Meeting and decisions. report of The first meeting of the National Anomaly Committee was held on 12th December, 2009. Secretary (Personnel) chaired the meeting. and find that
    " Item No. 7.
    Fixation of pay on promotion.
    The minimum Entry pay with Grade Pay in the revised pay structure for direct recruits appointed on or after 1.1.2006 has been specific vide first Schedule, Part –A, Section II of the Gazette Notification of the Govt. of India, Ministry of Finance No. G.S.R. 622 (E) dated 29.8.2008.
    On promotion, the pay of the promotees should not be less than the direct recruits.
    In VI CPC structure there is no pay scale and new concept of grade pay has been inducted, which should determine the status. As such the following provisions need to be inserted below clarification 2. ‘The method of Fixation of Pay on promotion on or after 1.1.2006.
    “on promotion to the higher grade pay of an employee should be fixed appropriately and in any case it should not be less than the entry Pay in the revised pay structure for direct recruits appointed on of after 1.1.2006 for the post.” further, on promotion to the next higher grade pay an employee should be fixed by adding 10% of pay, plus the grade pay as demanded by NC/JCM in its memorandum submitted to the Chairman, NC/JCM/Cabinet secretary on 8.4.2008.
    Decision.
    The Official Side agreed to issue enabling orders in the matter

BUT NOT FIND OFFICIAL SIDE AGREED ORDER

KINDLY REPLY IN LIGHT OF ABOVE DECISION IF IT IS IMPLEMENTED OR YOU HAVE ANY SOURCE OF THIS ORDER FROM DOPT. and also read rule -13 of attached gazzette "http://finmin.nic.in/6cpc/6cpcrevised.pdf"http://finmin.nic.in/6cpc/6cpcrevised.pdf

IS SE BAHUTO KA BHALA HOGA

THANKS WITH REGARDS
    NAVIN KUMAR SINGH
    [email protected]
    The minutes of the 1st NAC held on 12th Dec 2009 are available at (http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadDat..._2008-JCA1.pdf).

Could you please link the para where the decision as indicated by you in your post was taken.

Victor

Default minimum pay of promoted post

dear victor sir
    one of the link is mentioned below:

http://confederationhq.blogspot.in/2...eting-and.html

thanks
    NAVIN KUMAR SINGH

Junior Member sainik is on a distinguished road

Dear Victor sir,

Can you please spread light on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by sainik View Post
    Dear Victor sir,

Can you please spread light on this matter.
    It is understood that some favourable decision has been taken in the matter during the meeting of the NAC held on 17th July 2012. We may have to await for the minutes.

Victor

+ Reply to Thread