+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pay parity for CSS/subordinate/autnomous bodies

Member pkkanwal is on a distinguished road

Default Pay parity for CSS/subordinate/autnomous bodies

I think there should be pay parity among all whether it is CSS or subordinate offices or autnomous bodies. If you recall, the pay-scale of 1400-2600 was upgraded to 1640-2900 only for CSS w.e.f. 1.1.86. But after some time all offices including subordinate and autnomous have implemented it, some after the court cases. Same thing has arisen this pay commission while upgrading the scale of PS/SO non-functional scale from 6500 to 7500 (GP 4800) and after four years to 8000 (GP 5400) only for CSS/CSSS, leaving behind subordinate and autonomous bodies. The same story will be repeated again, employees of this cadre of each organisation will go to CAT/Court to recetify this anomaly.

MoF/DOPT should consider all the offices (CSS/subordinate/autnms) when it upgrades any cadre.

Comments from other members of this forum are welcome.

Senior Member narayanan is on a distinguished road

Dear Mr Kanwal,

In spite of several pay commissions reports and various judgments, there exists a difference in the pay scales of these posts. If the pay commissions recomments same scale, the govt. will dilute. If the pay commission gives different scale, govt makes them together. If both of them are joined together, the court will change the balance. I don't know whether it is a natural process. Earlier, the issue was revolved around the pay scale, now the problem start on both pay band and Grade pay.

It is not a good gesture on the part of the govt to solve all anomalies in the Tribunal, but it should go for a reasonable policy.

In my view, Govt. must notify the similar posts in different departments which holds equal status in order to put an end to all disputes.

With regards,

Narayanan

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Default Parity aspects

Dear Sir,

There may be one more cadre, viz. Assistant Accountants of Organised accounts cadre, whose scale of pay was getting replaced with a new old scale on every pay commission.

1400-2600 replaced as 5500-9000 from 1.1.1986
    5500-9000 replaced as 6500-10500 from 1.1.1996
    6500-10500 replaced as 7500-12000 from 1.1.2006

Parity in Pension is being requested by one and all pensioners. In the same way, parity in pay bands of identical cadres corresponding to respective
    pre-revised scales/posts, also now has to be requested by all concerned.

Best Regards.

Default Parity aspects

The IV Pay Commission Pay Scale of Rs.1400-2600 in respect of Stenographers was initially replaced in the year 1997 with a scale of pay of Rs.1640-2900 with retrospective effect from 1.1.1986 with arrears to accrue from July 1993.

In respect of Assistant Accountants who were also earlier drawing the same scale of 1400-2600 from 1.1.86 on par with the Stenographers was revised to 1640-2900 from 1.12.95 and the corresponding pay scale of 5500-9000 from 1.1.96, in the year 1998.

To remove discriminatory treatment among different categories of employees the replacement scale of 1640-2900 was given in the year 2003/2004 to Asst. Accountants also from 1.1.1986 in comparison with Stenographers with arrears to accrue from DECEMBER 1990.

Subsequently the said scale of 5500-9000 for Asst. Accountants was upgraded further to 6500-10500 from 1.1.1996.

At present the said Asst. Accountants are upgraded to a pay scale of Rs.7500-12000 from 1.1.2006.

Whereas, the case of Stenograpahers, with whom the case of Asst. Accountants was compared as equally placed category with regard to the scale 1640-2900, has never undergone any change till the 6th Pay Commission. The arrears also in their case was to accrue only from 1993, as against 1990 in the case of Asst. Accountants. The Asst. Accountants who were attempting to be on par with the pay scale of 1986 of their counterparts ie. Stenographers, have so far seen two scale revision in every 10 years. But the Stenographers were put on still from 1986 onwards with no scale revision, but only pay revision to the corresponding equivalent revised pay structure in both the pay commission. My question here is whether discriminatory treatment among different categories equally placed, has finally been removed at all?

Best regards.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friends

Asstt.Accountants in organised Account cadre and stenographer in CSSS cadre are two different posts/Cadre and can not be compared with each other only on the basis of similar pay scales in past. The recruitment process and qualification for both the posts are different then how we could compare these two posts altogether. I am sure that whatever benefit will be extended to CSSS cadre, it will automatically extended to all stenographic posts on the pattern of CSSS, whereever they may be. Similar thing is for Account cadre posts.

Junior Member Sanjay Gandhi is on a distinguished road

Dear Kanwal

I fully agree with you on this issue. Even I had already initiated action on this issue about two years back in the Delhi High Court. But my dear friend I need help from all other colleagues like you.

In my opinion 1+1 is = 11. Contact me and we can join others also. My e-mail id is sanjaygandhi2@gmail.com

Member pkkanwal is on a distinguished road

Default Pay parity for CSS/subordinate/autnms bodies

Dear Gandhiji,

It is nice to know that you have already initiated for pay-parity in the High Court. I am working in an autnms body. We have also filed a case inthe Court for non-implementation of pay scale for PS/SO from 6500 to 8000. In any case me and my other colleagues are with you. My email id is pkkanwal@yahoo.com

Kindly let me know the outcome of the case in the High Court.

Junior Member Sanjay Gandhi is on a distinguished road

Default Anomalies

Dear Mr. Kanwal,

Please check your e-mail/private message box and contact me for further discussion.

Sanjay Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by jitendraacr View Post
    Dear friends

Asstt.Accountants in organised Account cadre and stenographer in CSSS cadre are two different posts/Cadre and can not be compared with each other only on the basis of similar pay scales in past. The recruitment process and qualification for both the posts are different then how we could compare these two posts altogether. I am sure that whatever benefit will be extended to CSSS cadre, it will automatically extended to all stenographic posts on the pattern of CSSS, whereever they may be. Similar thing is for Account cadre posts.
    Dear Sir,

I agree with you. However, it may please be noted that on introduction of replacement scale of Rs.1640-2900 for Sr. Stenographers who were holding the scale of Rs.1400-2600 w.e.f. 1.1.1986, the Asst. Accountants approached the Hon. Hight Court for parity and the Hon. High Court also had observed that parity among similarly placed cadres shall be maintained. Thus, the replacement scale of Rs.1640-2900 for AAs also was granted subsequently from 1.1.1986. Thereafter only the AAs were given further replacement scales of Rs.6500-10500 (2000-3200) from 1.1.1996 and now PB 2 with GP 4800 (7500-12000) whereas, the similary placed cadre of Sr. Stenographers of past time, were holding the corresponding revised scale of PB2 with GP 4200 from 1.1.2006 and 5500-9000(1640-2900) from 1.1.1996. In respect of Sr. Stenographers who had initially replaced with 1640-2900 from 1.1.1986 have only got the corresponding revised scale in subsequent CPCs. The parity aspect is conveniently ignored and that is what we want to emphasise by comparing Sr. Stenographers with AAs. As such, the stenographers cadre is becoming a dying cadre and hence there is no takers for their cause. If Organised Accounts cadre can be taken care, the similarly placed organised CSSS also ought to have been taken care.
    This is just for information purpose only please.

Best Regards.
    Last edited by sundarar; 13-01-2009 at 06:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread