+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Central Government Pension Extension to Unmarried Daughter above 25 years

Junior Member in097573 is on a distinguished road

Default Central Government Pension Extension to Unmarried Daughter above 25 years

Dear Friends,

I am a widow of an Ex-Central government employee. My husband retired in 1995 and unfortunately died in 2001 in gujarat earthquake. He has one daughter from his first wife who died and thereafter I was married to him.

His daughter from first wife is un married and was born in 1979. Is she eligible for pension which i receive from Govt of India , if yes how much will be paid to her and how long will the pension continue.

She recived 50% pension till the age of her 25 , but she has requested again to Penion office for a share in the Pension.

Can anyone help me in this. She is not staying with me and is staying with her maternal relatives.

Regards
    in097573

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by in097573 View Post
    Dear Friends,

I am a widow of an Ex-Central government employee. My husband retired in 1995 and unfortunately died in 2001 in gujarat earthquake. He has one daughter from his first wife who died and thereafter I was married to him.

His daughter from first wife is un married and was born in 1979. Is she eligible for pension which i receive from Govt of India , if yes how much will be paid to her and how long will the pension continue.

She recived 50% pension till the age of her 25 , but she has requested again to Penion office for a share in the Pension.

Can anyone help me in this. She is not staying with me and is staying with her maternal relatives.

Regards
    in097573
    Unmarried daughters beyond the age of 25 years are also eligible for family pension subject to certain conditions presribed under OM dated 6th Sept 2007 (http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadDat...W_E_060907.pdf).

The unmarried daughter would be eligible for 50% pension until she gets married or she starts earning her livelihood, whichever is earlier.

Victor

+ Reply to Thread