+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terrorist Attack

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Question Terrorist Attack

With due regards to all respected members of gconnect community, I wish that all our members friends should submit their views on the tragic incident of recent terrorist attack. Since all of us are working in various govt offices and have large experience on its working, we all are expected to come forward with progressive views on this situation and also ways to amend the situation in order to help our country. We have proud on our soldiers who fought for us and also lost their lives only for us. But this should not be happened again and again. If we could suggest some steps, it might be useful.

I hope only serious views, free from personal remarks and with respect to our constitution will come on this issue.

Thanks in anticipation for avoiding political views.

Jitendra

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation A timely Alert may Avert Attack By Terrorist -

Dear friends,
    As he always does the job of the leader, our learned friend Jjee has taken lead on this subject, too.
    Shri VN's initiatives reflected in the Pensioners' Area also refer in this regard. Our learned friend (VN)has expressed some wonderful ways to do what is possible for us.
    Every one of us may join Shri VNatarajan sir, by helping him raise a small fund from members of and visitors to this site.
    Coming to the suggestion made by Jjee, I have reproduced herein below an email I have received.

"FRIENDS.
    >

> In case you come across any suspicious activity, any
    > suspicious movement or have any information to tell to the
    > Anti-Terror Squad, please take a Note of the new ALL INDIA
    > TOLL-FREE Terror Help-line "1090".

>
    > Your city's Police or Anti-Terror squad will take
    > action as quickly as possible. Remember that this single
    > number 1090 is valid all over India.
    > This is a toll free number and can be dialed from mobile

> phones also. Moreover, the
    identity of the caller will be
    > kept a secret.
    > Let us make each and every citizen of India aware about
    > this facility.
    >
    > Please forward this mail to as many people as possible.

Radhakrishnan

UNQUOTE

With regards,
    Badri
    Last edited by badri mannargudi; 05-12-2008 at 12:00 AM. Reason: rectifying some typographic mistakes.

Member S.C.Maheshwari is on a distinguished road

When cowards run the State, the Nation bleeds :

A will to eliminate the weeds and face the wrath of malevolent elements with the confidence of a victor is the prerequisite to be a ruler and, yes, to be a citizen. If it's there, you build a nation. If not, civilizations vanish.

If citizens encourage and harbour the wicked, forget to take revenge on anti-nationals, continue with their late-night parties when dead bodies of their fellow citizens lie splattered in busy fashion markets, no one can save that deadwood society.

Where writers and columnists advocate yielding to the gun-wielding secessionists because 'they want it', no one can save that country from disintegrating as every day new secessionists will emerge.
    It's useless to blame this party or that organisation , this or that religion See what we have done and to what level the state of affairs have been brought to. Everything boils down to personal wars and wins, and homemade potboilers rule the top echelons of organizations.

The nation as a matter of serious planning and vision has simply vanished off the agendas of those who are the known faces of our leadership and decision-making mechanism of the State.
    Personal jealousies, vendettas and mandi-isation of the high and mighty turn peoples' security into a joke of the ghost land where signal-jammers and black cat commandos iconise the Neros and the Republic is left to fend for itself.

This is our state of affairs today.
    Any day, any time, anyone.

Free Afzal committees. Visits to the Azamgarh home of a terrorist. Demand citizenship for Bangladeshi infiltrators. Demand ban on patriotic organisations. Win the election. That's the final aim of governance and our living. Only the people are to be blamed. It's a democracy. Choose those who bring you safety and succour. If you choose the marauders you get back marauders.

The Indian people, as Indians alone, have done it marvelously before too whenever the occasion demanded solidarity and cohesion. Kargil saw it, 1965 saw it, 1962 had a great solidarity of the patriots. Always, it's the leaders and politicians who have failed the country and backstabbed the trust people had reposed in them.

Peoples' power saw that the culprits behind the Uphaar cinema fire tragedy case were brought to book, however influential they may be. It was because of their pressure and media build-up that the Nandas were punished in the BMW case. The Right to Information Act is a great instrument given to the people not because politicians wanted it but there was public pressure to have it and finally it was done.
    And look how Jammu rose to see the Tricolour win against the Pakistani flag-wallahs. No one had ever imagined a people can create an upsurge unknown in regional history and win too. Great things happen nimble-footed. The British never had ay inkling of the 1857 uprising till Mangal Pandey shot the British officer in Barrackpore. Jayaprakash Narayn's too was a movement whose expanse and impact no one had anticipated, that changed the contours of the Indian polity.

If people will, they can.

Indians will have to decide how many more will have to die before they feel compelled to rise in revolt. India needs a rebellion of Indian people who would merge all their other identities under one banner -- the Tricolour. Forget temples, churches and mosques.. The first to protect the church and mosque should be a Hindu like the first to protect a swami should be a Muslim. That's where the nation gets life.

When the nation is in peril, Gods must be discovered in national unity and not within concrete structures. These ugly, nincompoop politicos need to be thrown into the dustbin lock, stock and barrel. The truth is we, as Indians, never paid a price for our independence and honour. Morarji Desai, once said not more than five percent Indians had participated in the independence struggle. The rest were either too lazy to come out or had lined up before the British for baksheesh and be their officers.

Read what Abraham Lincoln did to save America from disintegration and his famous Gettysburg address and also his inaugural one as president. He accepted a civil war but refused the demand to divide America. Nearly seven lakh Americans died in that war, but a new sun rose on its horizon that inspired millions across the globe with its egalitarian and democratic values.

What sacrifices have we offered to save national integrity and the civil life of our nation?

Isn't it time to ask this question and rise in rebellion to say 'no' to this bloodbath unitedly?

S.C.Maheshwari
    RREWA
    Last edited by S.C.Maheshwari; 07-12-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Member coolgoose2 is on a distinguished road

I am quoting great lines penned by Tagore in Gitanjali:

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
    Where knowledge is free;
    Where the world has not been broken up
    into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
    Where words come out from the depth of truth;
    Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
    Where the clear stream of reason
    has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
    Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action---
    Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

God save our nation. Let our country awake

regards

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation A thorough discussion but can we do without a leadership?

Dear friends,
    The laudable service rendered by our friend in this forum, Shri/Smt SCMJee to hundreds of thousands of Pensioners need no introduction by this would be pensioner. This has been dealtwith in some other thread I recall.
    IN the latest Review on the current Topic, the spellbound article has made me feel the kind of patriotism reflected in the review.
    But, Sir/Madam, is there no alternative to the kind of rebellion you are suggesting. In my view the word Rebellion is understood as some sort of throwing in challenges to Govt. Govt servants and Pensioners may have to find ways and means acceptable to Govt on matters like the one under discussion. This is not cowardice, but a word of caution.
    Any suggestions that are within the ambit of law should evoke positive response - I am sure about of this.
    With regards,
    Badri
    Last edited by badri mannargudi; 15-12-2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: A grammatial mistake warranted rectification.

Senior Member narayanan is on a distinguished road

Respected members and visitors,

Today, when I browsed the Gconnect.in in the morning, my attention first gone to the 'New Day Quote' (thanks to the person who put it in the home page). The quoting is reproduced below:

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving".
    - Albert Einstein.

I have already started riding my bicycle.
    I am balancing to keep the bicycle moving.

While moving I found that the road in front of me is broken.
    I reduced my speed resulting I had to undergo more strain to balance.
    Some people were standing there and talking - What to do ? since the traffic is blocked.

Since the brakage was so big nothing could be done by them. However they decided to go the local authority to do the needful.

The local executive said- No fund, however he agreed for a minor repair so that the traffic is cleared.

Minor repair done. Traffic cleared. But the road is not in good condition.

All the vehicles passing through the road get damaged.

The nearby vehicle repairer minted money.

What to do?

We went to the Local executive and required the complete repair. He expalined his difficulty which we could not understand completely. But we remember some words, such as fund, sanction, rules, staff, contractors, unions, politicians, etc.

Oh, sorrey I have forgotton to come to the subject.

Friends,

As required by our Badriji, we need a leader to preside our discussion so that attention of our members are not diverted and to enable finalisation of a decision to proceed further.

I feel the person who brought the subject is the apt person to be placed there, which happended to be Shir Jitendra, our Senior Member.

I also propose to redefine our agenda to:

"HOW TO GIVE A PEACEFUL AND SAFE LIFE TO OUR CITIZENS AS ENVISAGED IN THE CONSTITUTION OF INDIA IN THE PRESENT DAY SCENARIO"

For approval

Narayanan.

Senior Member sudacgwb

Dear BDji,

Thank you for the Terror help line which needs maximum publicity.

In fact, if citizens are little careful and are willing to act, the job of the security force can be reduced to a great extent.

Without the co-operation and active support from the local section it is impossible to carry out terrorist activity.

When most of us are not pro active quite a few of us are afraid to call the usual nos of police for want of secrecy of the informer.

Thank you for the helpline no: given by you

ss

Senior Member narayanan is on a distinguished road

Smile Terrorist Attack again

Dear Jjee,

Again terrorist attack in Guwahati. New agency formulated to counter the terrorist activities.

But we are still asleep.

Why can't we continue the discussion.

With regards,

Narayanan.

Senior Member Kanaujiaml is on a distinguished road

My dear Mr Jitendra and all other friends who have voiced their feelings in above posts. Not rebellian but revolution perhaps is need of the time. Revolution in ideas, actions and thought. Awareness and a little pause to reflect to do something. Whenever, a teririst attack takes place, we start accussing each other and forget everything till next attack. How to keep the subject alive always, is very important. A Government is chosen by people. The party in power is always worried about loosing support of the people. Therefore, it has to listen to the people. As others have suggested already, we must adhere to directives, as these are for our own safety. Attack in Mumbai united people in general to voice their feelings and Govt. at Centre and in Maharashtra State had to take notice and some corrective steps. I am of the opinian that the problem of terrirism is going to stay for a long period and we have to brace ourself to meet the challenge. Besides asking Governments to take action, one should think about himself or herself taking some suitable feasible action in whatever way, it is possible to do.

+ Reply to Thread