+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stepping up of Pay

Junior Member smsami is on a distinguished road

Default Stepping up of Pay

Sir,

I am working as Assistant in the Presidentís Secretariat. I was promoted to the post of Assistant on 8.7.2003 in the scale of pay of Rs.5500-9000. Thereafter, with the upgradation of the scale of pay of Assistants from Rs.5500-9000 to Rs.6500-10500 from 15 September, 2006 onwards, my basic pay was fixed at Rs.6500/- as at that time I was drawing the basic pay of Rs.6025/-. Later on, due to the implementation of recommendation of Sixth Pay Commission, my basic pay is fixed at Rs.10890/- + Rs.4200/- (GP) as my basic pay on 1.1.2006 was Rs.5850/- i.e. by multiplying1.86 with 5850.

One of my junior colleague who was promoted in the December 2005 exercised his option under Rule 6 of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2008 and opted to switch over the revised pay scales from the date of upgradation i.e. 15.9.2006. Due to this his basic pay was fixed at Rs.12090/- + Rs.4200/- (GP) i.e. by multiplying 1.86 with Rs.6500/-. On 1.1.2006 my this junior colleague was drawing a basic of Rs.5500/- but on upgradation his basic pay was fixed at Rs.6500/- w.e.f. 15.9.2006.

Because of excersing of option by my junior under Rule 6 of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2008, now he is drawing more pay than me with effect from 15.9.2006.

My question is whether my pay can be stepped up equivalent to my junior with effect from 15.9.2006 in the light of Note 7 below Rule 7 of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2008. Please help as mine is not an isolated case but there are about 15 of colleagues who are sailing the same boat.

Thank you and with regards.

S.M. Sami

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear Shri Sami
    Your pay can not be stepped up w.r.t. your junior since he is not drawing higher pay due to direct impact of 6th CPC instead he is drawing higher pay due to option submitted by him. Had you also opted for pay fixation w.e.f. 15.09.2006, you must have got the higher pay. You have opted a wrong option. As I Know most of the CSS Assistant has opted to fix their pay w.e.f. 15.09.2006. Though they have lost some arrear portion but are at advantageous stage at present.
    Now you may request your department to revise your option though it is not permissible under the rules. If you people could convince them, it will be better for you otherwise you have to suffer for long due to wrong option exercised by you. This is though not make you happy but you have to accept the fact. Please try to convince them for change of option. Sometimes request succeeds. If it fails then hope this upgradation may be allowed w.e.f. 1/1/2006 for which some of our colleagues are trying. In that case you will get the benefit.
    with regards
    Jitendra

Junior Member smsami is on a distinguished road

Default Thanks to Jitendraji

Thank you Jitendraji for guiding us.

regards

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Default Stepping up of Pay

Dear Shri Sami,

I am looking it from another angle. I may be wrong also.

In your case, by opting from 1.1.2006, you will be getting Rs.11,350 as Pay in the Pay Band as on 1.7.2006. By 1.7.2007, you will be getting Rs.11,820. Your junior may be getting Rs.12,580 as on 1.7.2007. At the same time, you would have got Rs.33,600/- plus .. towards arrears during the period from 1.1.2006 till your upgradation. The difference between your junior and yourself had narrowed down to 740 as on 1.7.2006. To avoid this, you have to sacrifice the aforesaid arrerars, which you may regain after a period of about 45 months or less than that also.

You may be the better judge in your own cause. However, those who are in the verge of retirement, have left with no option but to ensure maximum hike in the pay in the band within minimum shortest period. Otherwise, you may think about this aspect also.

This is just a suggestion with due respects to our senior members' views.

Best Regards.

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Failure to have exercised advantageous OPTION

Dear friends,

Excellent work by Srrjee and "factual and proper view" by Jjee.

It is a pity that most of our friends, missed the bus even though the Govt had given them three months time for studying and weighing various options. It all required simple arithmatic calculations.
    Any way, there is no use talking on the past.
    As Jjee put it right, our friends may hope for the Govt's accepting the cadre's demand of upgrading wef 01.01.2006, in which eventuality, our suffering friends would get relief.
    Wishing Best of Luck those friends,
    With Regards,
    Badri

+ Reply to Thread