+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- to Asstt.Accts. Officers who joined as LDCs.

  1. #1
    Junior Member kprajath is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- to Asstt.Accts. Officers who joined as LDCs.

    I joined as Lower Division Clerk and subsequently cleared SAS exam in a span of 5 years. On clearing my Part-I exam of SAS I got promoted as Accountant but unfortunately even though i cleared my Part-ii in the very next year, due to stagnation my promotion as JAO came in after a period of 4 years. Meanwhile I got another promotion as Sr.Acctt only for a brief period of 6 months. Under MACP I have been denied Grade Pay of 5400/- just because I have already got two promotions, but at the same time all those who joined as Accountants and have cleared their SAS exams are entitled for 3rd MACP with Grade Pay of 5400/- and all the Senior Accts who have completed 30years are also entitled for Grade Pay of 5400 and also double the Transport Allowance. Also the Accountants who are junior to me and have cleared their SAS exams will also get 3rd MACP with Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- on completion of 10years while I have to wait for my next promotion. Isn't this an anomaly?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kprajath View Post
    I joined as Lower Division Clerk and subsequently cleared SAS exam in a span of 5 years. On clearing my Part-I exam of SAS I got promoted as Accountant but unfortunately even though i cleared my Part-ii in the very next year, due to stagnation my promotion as JAO came in after a period of 4 years. Meanwhile I got another promotion as Sr.Acctt only for a brief period of 6 months. Under MACP I have been denied Grade Pay of 5400/- just because I have already got two promotions, but at the same time all those who joined as Accountants and have cleared their SAS exams are entitled for 3rd MACP with Grade Pay of 5400/- and all the Senior Accts who have completed 30years are also entitled for Grade Pay of 5400 and also double the Transport Allowance. Also the Accountants who are junior to me and have cleared their SAS exams will also get 3rd MACP with Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- on completion of 10years while I have to wait for my next promotion. Isn't this an anomaly?
    If your entry grade and that of others is the same and there is disparity then you have a point. Otherwise there cannot be equality among unequals.

    Victor

  3. #3
    Junior Member kprajath is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Sir, I understand there cannot be equality among unequals. But once LDCs/Accountants clear the SAS exams and become officers, how is it that a few of them are drawing lesser Grade Pay than the others?
    1) All the Accountants who cleared their SAS exams and have completed 10 years are entitled fpr Grade Pay of 5400/-
    2) LDCs who fortunately got their promotion as AAO before their posting as Sr.Acctt became due are also entitled for Grade Pay of 5400/-
    3) The Sr.Accts who got 2nd ACP before 2006 and have completed 30 years of service are also entitled for Grade Pay of Rs.5400/-

    In my case I had to wait for 4 years for my posting as AAO after qualifying my SAS exams, during which I got promoted as Sr.Acctt and hence Iam being denied the Grade Pay 5400/- Consequently I am drawing lesser Grade Pay than the Sr.Accts working under me and my fellow AAO colleagues.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kprajath View Post
    Sir, I understand there cannot be equality among unequals. But once LDCs/Accountants clear the SAS exams and become officers, how is it that a few of them are drawing lesser Grade Pay than the others?
    1) All the Accountants who cleared their SAS exams and have completed 10 years are entitled fpr Grade Pay of 5400/-
    2) LDCs who fortunately got their promotion as AAO before their posting as Sr.Acctt became due are also entitled for Grade Pay of 5400/-
    3) The Sr.Accts who got 2nd ACP before 2006 and have completed 30 years of service are also entitled for Grade Pay of Rs.5400/-

    In my case I had to wait for 4 years for my posting as AAO after qualifying my SAS exams, during which I got promoted as Sr.Acctt and hence Iam being denied the Grade Pay 5400/- Consequently I am drawing lesser Grade Pay than the Sr.Accts working under me and my fellow AAO colleagues.
    Kindly indicate the cadre structure, pay scales & residency period for promotion for a better understanding of the case.

    Victor

  5. #5
    Junior Member kprajath is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default : Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- to Asstt.Accts. Officers who joined as LDCs.

    Sir, The cadre structure is given below:-
    LDC (3050-75-3950-80-4590)
    Jr.Acctt(4500-125-7000)
    Sr.Acctt(5500-175-9000)
    Jr.Accts Officer(6500-200-10500)
    Asstt.Accts.Officer(7450-225-11500)
    After completing 3 years from the date of appointment, one is eligible to appear for SAS Exam.
    I joined as LDC. On passing Part-I exam, got promoted as Jr.Acctt. On completion of 3years a Jr.Acctt. is promoted as Sr.Acctt. Although I cleared my SAS exam immediately I got promotion as JAO only after 4 years and meanwhile I got promoted as Sr.Acctt for a brief period of six months. Hence under MACP rules Iam not entitled for 5400/- grade pay, while those AAOs who joined as Acctts are entitled for MACP granting Grade Pay of 5400/- on completion of 10 years as AAO. It is a clear case of anomaly amongst officials holding same post as AAO.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kprajath View Post
    Sir, The cadre structure is given below:-
    LDC (3050-75-3950-80-4590)
    Jr.Acctt(4500-125-7000)
    Sr.Acctt(5500-175-9000)
    Jr.Accts Officer(6500-200-10500)
    Asstt.Accts.Officer(7450-225-11500)
    After completing 3 years from the date of appointment, one is eligible to appear for SAS Exam.
    I joined as LDC. On passing Part-I exam, got promoted as Jr.Acctt. On completion of 3years a Jr.Acctt. is promoted as Sr.Acctt. Although I cleared my SAS exam immediately I got promotion as JAO only after 4 years and meanwhile I got promoted as Sr.Acctt for a brief period of six months. Hence under MACP rules Iam not entitled for 5400/- grade pay, while those AAOs who joined as Acctts are entitled for MACP granting Grade Pay of 5400/- on completion of 10 years as AAO. It is a clear case of anomaly amongst officials holding same post as AAO.
    I again repeat what I mentioned earlier. There cannot be equality among unequals. If you have joined as LDC and others have joined as Accountants, then there can be no parity.

    Victor

  7. #7
    Junior Member PRASH is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Dear friend kprajath
    In your case you will not got gp 5400 because of MACP.
    But CGA, C&AG and other Account Services demanded GP 5400 after 4 years service of AAO. All other departments (revenue) they got GP 5400 after four years service on GP 4800.Our demand sent to dept of Exp. by Anomaly comm.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Grade pay of 6600 after 5400 to AAOs in IA&AD...
    By gyalkhang in forum Promotion, ACPS & MACPS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-06-2016, 10:44 AM
  2. Grade Pay 5400 Latest Clarification
    By sudacgwb in forum Pay Fixation
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 20-09-2010, 09:56 PM
  3. Grade pay of Rs.5400
    By panchabavimm in forum Pay Fixation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-06-2010, 10:14 AM
  4. grade pay 5400 to the Supdt.
    By m.r.kaloliya in forum Pay Fixation
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 18-09-2009, 06:14 PM
  5. clarification on grant of 5400 to i tax officers
    By naukar in forum Pay Fixation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 09:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts