+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pay fixation of JAO appointed on promotion after passing SAS

Junior Member Dinesh_dwarka is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Pay fixation of JAO appointed on promotion after passing SAS

Hi. U hav suggested for opting for new pay scales wef date of promotion in case of merger of 5000-8000,5500-9000 and 6500-10500 scale. However my question is, if one gets promoted to SO(IAAD)/JAO say in the month of Nov.2008 in the pay band 9300-34800 with grade pay of 4800, from UDC ( pay band 5200-20200, Grade pay 2400 and drawing pay of Rs.8210+2400). If you have any idea how the pay fixation has been done in Central Govt. in case of JAO, plz. mail me. It would definitely help alot of people. Further I would also like to inform you that for JAO one has to pass limited departmental exam (SAS) open for LDC/UDC/HEAD CLERKS after which they are appointed in the pay scale of 6500-10500(pre revised). The anamoly/confusiion has been created due to merger of the three pre revised scales 5000-8000,5500-9000,6500-10500 which have been given a common replacement scale of 9300-34800. 6 CPC has recommended upgraded pay scale pre revised of 7500-11000 for JAO which translates to pay band 9300-34800 grade pay 4800. Please guide me with your expert advice with clarifications issued by govt. if any. With regards

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Default Pay fixation in/o Upgradation/Merger of Scales

Dear Sir,

Please ref. Min. of Finance O.M. No.F 1/1/2008-IC, dt. 13.10.2008 regarding fixation of pay in pay bands where posts have been upgraded
    as a result of recommendations of Sixth CPC - clarification.

Also, please ref. Min. of Finance O.M. No.1/1/2008-IC, dated 13.9.2008 reg. clarification No.6 on CCS(RP) Rules, 2008.

In short, the Grade Pay applicable for Upgraded scale will be allowed. The Pay in the Pay band, will however be by applying 1.86 factor to your existing pre-revised pay as on 1.1.2006.

It will not be treated as promotion from one grade to another and hence no increment will be allowed.

Dear Sir, my question is whether the pay shall be fixed with reference t0 the minimum of pay scale recommended by the 6 CPC i.e (7500*1.86 + 4800) for direct recruit where grade pay is 4800 or the last pay drawn in the pay band /grade pay of 2400 + 4800.

Default Pay fixation on Promotion

Dear Sir,

For promotees and direct recruits, the grade pay will be one and same as applicable for that post. It is the Pay in the Pay band of the promoted grade matters.

For promotees on or after 1.1.2006, as per CCS(RP) Rule 13, one increment equivalent to 3% of the sum of existing pay in the pay band and exiting GP will be computed and added to the Pay in the Pay band on the date of promotion. The GP applicable ie. Rs.4800 will be allowed. Both will comprise of revised basic in the promoted grade.

As regards direct recruits employed on or after 1.1.2006, the pay in the pay band has been prescribed as 9300 and the GP 4800, Thus total 14,100 will be the basic pay. ,

Since the said CCS(RP) Rule 13 in dicates that wherever change in PB is involved, the pay in the pay band after adding the increment (owing to promotion) if less than the minimum of Pay band, ie. 9300, then such pay shall be stepped upto such miinimum. (At this point only, myself and many of our other friends differ with the `minimum of PB', which should be mnimum pay in the pay band.

Hope this clarifies the position.

Best Regards.

Default Pay scale Of JAO

Thanks. However a thorough reading of the govt. resolution and relating orders regarding implementation of 6 CPC, a direct recruit appointed to the post carrying grade pay of 4800 after 01-01-06 shall be fixed at 13950+4800=18750.

Junior Member mmurali68 is on a distinguished road

Default Pay Fixation of JAO appointed on promotion

You are absolutely correct. The CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 has created a peculiar situation where promotees and direct recruits in same Grade will get different pay. This is a clear case of descrimination and lacks common sense. When both of them are assigned same job profile, how can you degrade the promotees vis-a-vis direct recruits. In the event of one reaching the pay prescribed for direct recruits against a particular grade pay, then the fixation stipulated by the government is in order. For those, who have not reached the minimum against a particular Grade Pay, pay should be fixed at minimum of pay against the said Grade Pay so that there is no descrimination. This point has to be highlighted while representing the case to the government so that the matter is clarified at the earliest. The logic applied by the 6th CPC is even more bizarre as it has considered the DOPT orders regarding qualifying service from one category to another. The irony lies in the fact that for direct recruits, the DOPT's orders are applied and for promotees, for whom the same were meant, it has been ignored. Same Work. Different Pay. Shameful.

Default CCS (RP) Rules, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh_dwarka View Post
    Thanks. However a thorough reading of the govt. resolution and relating orders regarding implementation of 6 CPC, a direct recruit appointed to the post carrying grade pay of 4800 after 01-01-06 shall be fixed at 13950+4800=18750.
    The CCS(RP) Rule 13 indicates that if change in pay band is involved, the pay in the existing pay band after adding one increment (3% on PB+ GP) if less than the minimum of the higher pay band then the pay shall be stepped up to such minimum.

The same Rule 3(5) defines that Pay in the Pay band means, pay drawn in the running pay band.

If that is so, your pay shall be stepped upto minimum of the running pay band as applicable for JAO's pre-revised scale, and not to the minimum of PB-2 which is common for many promoted posts.

You may please point out this difference, and represent.

Best regards.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear Dinesh

Unfortunately, the fact is unacceptable to all of us but truth is simple that your pay will be fixed according to your basic pay in pre revised scale as on 1/1/06 multiplied by 1.86+ garde pay of upgraded scale. The minimum of pay band has no other meaning then minimum of PB-1, PB-2,etc. Your pay may only be stepped up if any of your junior is getting higher pay then you due to his joining after 1.1.06.
    Moreover I am to tell you that benefit of bunching which should have been given in all cases of upgradation and was given after every pay commission report, has been denied by Ministry of Finance this time, for the reasons best known to him. In response to my RTI application, they have informed that in all cases of upgradation, procedure for pay fixation will be aplicable as detailed in their OM dated 13.10.2008. They are not agree to give any benefit of bunching though they know well that severe anamolies are cfoming in this way. I think that they are waiting if some of us go to court and got order in our favour. They have kept their eyes closed on this issue. Decide the further course of action after consulting with similarly placed friends of yours. If any thing new, I will found, I convey it to you later on.

+ Reply to Thread