+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: North-east ltc

  1. #1
    Member coolgoose2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    77

    Cool North-east ltc

    Hi all

    Can anybody upload ALL notifications/orders/circulars relating to North East LTC, announced by Govt. this year.

    I also have a doubt. I am currently working in my Hometown.
    Am I eligible for availing Hometown LTC ?
    Can I 'convert' one Home town LTC to avail this North East LTC scheme announced by Govt?


    Thanks in Advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member sudacgwb
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Gentleman!

    Pl refer to the 'swamynews' of june 2008 for important aspects of NE LTC in lieu of Hometown LTC.

    Those who dont have Hometown LTC as their place of duty is hometown itself, dont have NE LTC. This is for sure.

  3. #3
    Senior Member sudacgwb
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    209

    Default

    You are not entitled for ltc to NE in lieu of LTC to home town as you do not have home town LTC (as you are staying in hometown itself).

    No new Orders are issued on posting to NE except the one that were existing.

    ss

  4. #4
    Member pk9591 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    43

    Exclamation Encashment of EL while on LTC

    Can someone enlighten on following points when u encash your EL on LTC?

    1. Is it mandatory for the employee to be on leave for equal number of days, you are encashing the EL subject to maximum of 10 days.

    2.If 1 is yes, then if you are availing EL commencing from Monday to Friday prefixing and suffixing saturday and Sunday both sides amounting to 9 days leaves from office. Whether you will be entitled for 5 days encashment of leaves or 9 days encashment of leaves.

    Please refer necessary order of Govt. of India in this regard, if any.

    Thanks
    Last edited by pk9591; 17-01-2009 at 11:47 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Surat
    Posts
    283

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by pk9591 View Post
    Can someone enlighten on following points when u encash your EL on LTC?

    1. Is it mandatory for the employee to be on leave for equal number of days, you are encashing the EL subject to maximum of 10 days.

    2.If 1 is yes, then if you are availing EL commencing from Monday to Friday prefixing and suffixing saturday and Sunday both sides amounting to 9 days leaves from office. Whether you will be entitled for 5 days encashment of leaves or 9 days encashment of leaves.

    Please refer necessary order of Govt. of India in this regard, if any.

    Thanks
    Dear Shri PK9591,
    In the said example given by you, I shall be eligible to encash only 5 days of elarned, for the simple reason that 5 + 5 =10 days will only be debited from my Earned Leave Account.
    As for Authority, you may refer to page 234 of Swamy's Hand Book 2008 where iit is given that "atleast equal number of days of eaarned leave should be availed along with encashment".
    It may be seen that in the examiple given by you, I am availing my self of earned leave for 5 days only ( (2 days prefixed dnd 2 days suffixed). You can see the logic too, in as much as otherwise, you are on leave for 5 days but expecting 9 days encashment, which goes against the Rule.
    Hope it is clear to you, my friend.
    With regards,
    Badri

  6. #6
    Member pk9591 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    43

    Default Encashment of EL while on LTC

    Dear Shri Badri Jee,

    I would like to say that many PAO have after the implementation of Sixth CPC encashed 10 days EL on 3 days EL or leaves required, even if, it is CL to avail LTC in Delhi as order no. 31011/4/2008-Esstt(A) dated 23/9/2008 decided to make necessary additions/changesin the CCS(LTC) Rules,1988 in regard to encashment of EL on LTC. It is silent on Equal number of leaves to be availed to encash earned leaves while on LTC as fifth pay commission clearly mentioned in its resolution and orders in this regard.

    With regards

  7. #7
    Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Surat
    Posts
    283

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by badri mannargudi View Post
    Dear Shri PK9591,
    In the said example given by you, I shall be eligible to encash only 5 days of elarned, for the simple reason that 5 + 5 =10 days will only be debited from my Earned Leave Account.
    As for Authority, you may refer to page 234 of Swamy's Hand Book 2008 where iit is given that "atleast equal number of days of eaarned leave should be availed along with encashment".
    It may be seen that in the examiple given by you, I am availing my self of earned leave for 5 days only ( (2 days prefixed dnd 2 days suffixed). You can see the logic too, in as much as otherwise, you are on leave for 5 days but expecting 9 days encashment, which goes against the Rule.
    Hope it is clear to you, my friend.
    With regards,
    Badri
    Quote Originally Posted by pk9591 View Post
    Dear Shri Badri Jee,

    I would like to say that many PAO have after the implementation of Sixth CPC encashed 10 days EL on 3 days EL or leaves required, even if, it is CL to avail LTC in Delhi as order no. 31011/4/2008-Esstt(A) dated 23/9/2008 decided to make necessary additions/changesin the CCS(LTC) Rules,1988 in regard to encashment of EL on LTC. It is silent on Equal number of leaves to be availed to encash earned leaves while on LTC as fifth pay commission clearly mentioned in its resolution and orders in this regard.

    With regards
    Dear pkjee,
    The recommendations of CPC on the subject under study and the decision of Govt on the recommendations, as found at page of Bilingual Gazette Notification of Resolution dated 29.08.2008 talks about continuation of the then existence of scheme of Encashment of EL with some modifications specified thereunder. Therefore, except for those modifications, the original provisions stay as they were earlier.
    Now, as per my earlier post, the earned leave availed has to be atleast 10 days for getting the encashment of 10 days.
    To be fair to your view, it is seen that Joint Director Finance (Estt) of (Railways Board)has issued a Circular (No.196 dated 12.12.2008) where it has been mentioned that "Running staff including Drivers/Asst Drivers/Motormen/Shunters, Guarards etc., and Station Masters. Asst Station Masters etc., should be exempt from the requirement of availing passes and equal number of LAP. Zonal Railways are therefore requested to sanction encashment of LAP upto 10 days without insisting on them to avail passes and apply for equal duration of LAP .
    This letter cites the reason of possibility of serious disruption to train operations which is not in the interest of nation.
    Two things are clear from this letter.
    (i) The stand taken and understood by the department (of railways) is that normally one has to avail passes and one has to apply for equal duration of LAP to avail encashment. It is noteworthy that the exemption is not over board, but limited to running staff and others like SMs, ASMs etc., and not to office staff.
    (ii) Other departments are also at liberty to decide on the class of employees to whom Exemption from such compulsory availment of LTC and to apply for equal duration of EL may be extended.
    In the absence of any such explicit exemption, it appears what I have said in my earlier post (quoted hereinabove) is correct.
    With regards,
    Badri

  8. #8
    Junior Member shrikant_hosabale
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default

    best wishes to all
    three queries.
    1. I availed NER LTC for gangtok(Sikkim) went by private airlines. who charged full tickets for my son (3 and half years0 and daughter(8 years). Can I get the reimbursement on the line fo LTC80 scheme of NACIL (indian airlines)

    2. Is it a must that one has to travel by government road transport from last airport (bagdogra) to Sikkim to avail NER LTC even if journey by private vehicle is not claimed for reimbursement (if at all) .

    3. for 2006-2009 block i availed NER LTC in March '09 in lieu of HTC , will I get normal LTC (to other places in India) in 2010 since I did not take any such LTC for 2006-2009 and one year extended period runs upto December 2010
    PLEASE HELP WITH QUOTING AUTHORITY..

  9. #9
    Member nsdev007
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    31

    Default

    1. fare paid will be limited to LTC 80 fare.

    2. you have to make an application for condonation of production of bus tickets from bagdogra to gangtok if you dont have the ticket. if you have some receipt for travel by other mode, fare shall be limited to fare by govt bus, which was 98 rupees per person from Siliguri to Gangtok.

    3. LTC block is divided to two 2 year sub block; ie for 2006-09, it is 2006-07 and 2008-09; with grace period of 1 year for each sub block. since you availed HTC in 2009, ie after grace period of first block 2006-07 which expired on 31.12.2008; you have forfeited the all India not availed. Now you can claim ltc only for 2010-2013.

  10. #10
    Junior Member shrikant_hosabale
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default

    thnx for the reply.
    u answered my queries.
    just one more doubt.
    If no HTC availed in 2006-08, but only LTC availed in 2009,
    Whether NER in lieu of HTC available in 2010, of course, before due date of 2nd May 2010,in such case,
    [ my guess is "NO" since for 2 yr. 2008-09 LTC is availed.]
    Is my guessing right?

  11. #11
    Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Right please.

  12. #12
    Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shrikant_hosabale View Post
    thnx for the reply.
    u answered my queries.
    just one more doubt.
    If no HTC availed in 2006-08, but only LTC availed in 2009,
    Whether NER in lieu of HTC available in 2010, of course, before due date of 2nd May 2010,in such case,
    [ my guess is "NO" since for 2 yr. 2008-09 LTC is availed.]
    Is my guessing right?
    Since you have availed the block of 2007-2008 in the grace period ie. 2009Your guessing is right. Now, you can avail 2009-2010 block in the year 2010 or during its grace period 2011.

  13. #13
    Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SRINAGAR (J&K)
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Dear Shri Shrikant
    It appears that You have not availed LTC in lieu of block year 2006-07 and missed that. You availed LTC for the block year 2008-09 in 2009 and thus you have exhausted your 4 years block 2006-09. Now you can avail NER LTC in lieu of block year 2010-2011 from 1/1/2010 to 2/5/2010.
    Jitendra

  14. #14
    Junior Member saikia20002000 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default North east LTC

    Hi Everyone
    My hometown is in NE and I am working outside. I joined in 2007 and taken home LTC in 2008. Can anyone please let me know if I shall be eligible for North East LTC in 2009

    Regards

  15. #15
    Junior Member ashuu99 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default LTC to NE

    Qurey..

    Iam planning for LTC to NE as per my grade Iam not eligible for Air Travel, but Iam travelling by Air, but I know that my rebrisment will for train fare but my qurey is Iam taking my 5yr old son, Iam paying full Air fare can I get full train fare when Iam settling the travel claims????

    Kindly replay and provide me necessary document (link) of Office order/Office memo.. kindly help me out..

    Thanks In advance
    regards

  16. #16
    Junior Member ashuu99 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Dear sir,

    Iam going to avail LTC to NE in the notification earlier it stated that group A & B officer can fly by Air from their duty place, I heard in our fourms that the new classification has come..

    When notification came Iam not eligible in 2008 but after 6th pay Iam in 4200
    grade pay with this new classification Iam suppose to be eligible, kindly clarify me immediatly sir Iam planning to tale this LTC.

    Just saw the recent DoPT Order dated 09-04-2009 in respect of re-classification of Group A, B, C & D on the basis of Grade Pay and Pay Band.

    http://persmin.gov.in/WriteData/Circ...8-Estt.(A).pdf

    They have classified the posts as under:

    All Grade Pay in PB-3 and Pb-4 = Group A

    GP 5400, 4800, 4600 & 4200 in PB-2 = Group B

    GP 2800, 2400, 2000, 1900&1800 in Pb-1 = Group C

    GP 1300, 1400, 1600, 1650 in IS scale = Group D

    Regards

  17. #17
    Junior Member anandaiish@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default North East LTC

    Can any one confirm whether NER LTC can be availed in lieu of All India LTC

  18. #18
    Member sabapathi57 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    42

    Default New group classification & ltc to northeast

    Dear members,
    I think the Govt. has to clarify the eligibilitiy of availing LTC to Northeastern states by surrendering one hometown LTC. Beacuse the sanctioning authorities may differ in their opinion. Following new classification, many employees might have attained the eligibility of LTC to northeast by Air. To avoid confusion and to encourage the tourism development in the northeast the govt must state that the employees who atained group B status after new classification of groups are also eligible for availing special concession of LTC to Notheastern states.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts