+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Admissible rates, if travelled in Makruzz( a private ship) from Blair to Havelock

Junior Member bhat14 is on a distinguished road

Default Admissible rates, if travelled in Makruzz( a private ship) from Blair to Havelock

I recently availed LTC to Havelock (Andman) and travelled in a private ship (Makruzz, run by a private company) from Port Blair to Havelock island. I have read elsewhere in this forum that my claim shall be restricted to the admissible rates by Shipping Corpn of India ships, which is Rs 250pp at present. My accounts office however has not given any money for this part of the travel under the pretext that "journey by private ship/taxi etc is not admissible". Can someone provide me a supporting order to justify the claim. The charges of the Pvt ship is Rs 900 pp. Thanks in advance

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

You will not be reimbursed any amount for the strech travelled in private ship. Your accounts branch is correct.
    Alok Sinha.

Junior Member Hyd_AG_Employee is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_audit View Post
    You will not be reimbursed any amount for the strech travelled in private ship. Your accounts branch is correct.
    Thanks for that.........me planning for andaman trip too and i had this doubt. Thanks again...

Thanks Mr. Sinha for the information, but two of my friends (who works in central government) and went with me ( I work in an autonomous body) got the full fare.May be an oversight or some discretion?
    Last edited by bhat14; 26-03-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bhat14 View Post
    Thanks Mr. Sinha for the information, but two of my friends (who works in central government) and went with me ( I work in an autonomous body) got the full fare.May be an oversight or some discretion?
    @bhat14
    I have responded to the question as per my knowledge and belief. I think I have furnished you with correct information. Accounts branch of your friends are in the wrong to reimburse it.

It happens. You must be feeling to be in loss for others were compensated, but the fact remains that their office acted wrongfully and in contravention to the prevalent rules.
    Alok Sinha.

Dear Mr. Sinha..on the lighter side..travelling in a Makruzz is worth the experience and members or guests who read this post should take their chances during "Andaman trip". They should try to experience the ride and hope that "their respective offices may act wrongfully....." and may be in next few years, travelling in private ship is allowed or at least claim is restricted to the admissible rates of shipping corporation of India. I am not at all feeling to be in loss as this was a calculated risk that we all three took !!

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Rule is quire clear. During LTC one has to perform journey by Govt vehicle only.

Quote Originally Posted by bhat14 View Post
    Dear Mr. Sinha..on the lighter side..travelling in a Makruzz is worth the experience and members or guests who read this post should take their chances during "Andaman trip". They should try to experience the ride and hope that "their respective offices may act wrongfully....." and may be in next few years, travelling in private ship is allowed or at least claim is restricted to the admissible rates of shipping corporation of India. I am not at all feeling to be in loss as this was a calculated risk that we all three took !!
    Dear Sir,
    Very well said. On a personal note, I myself was a "fool" and "splurged" in the eyes of my accounts branch when I "deviated" like that quite often on long holiday tours despite in the know of rules. I simply did not use to claim for such planned stretches. To me, just paraphrasing your expression, beauty lies not only in the destination but also in journey itself. Enjoy.
    Alok Sinha.

+ Reply to Thread