+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pay & Allowances during child care leave

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Smile Entitlements during child care leave

Quote Originally Posted by gdd View Post
    I'd like to know about the pay and allowances that can be availed during child care leave. There's a lot of confusion whether women employees will be paid grade pay, DA, HRA and TA during CCL. Please clarify.
    The Thread started with regard to entitlements and got diverted midway.
    With regard to restriction aspects, I fully agree with Shri Jitendarjee.
    Let us imagine a situation where a female employee had already exhausted her leave during her delivery time, etc. In such cases, the child care leave is in fact a God's Gift. On the contrary, if another female employee already has sufficient leave balance, it is quite natural that as and when she looses her balance, she can better utilise the Child care leave provided the children are below 18 years. Any restriction also has the interest of the concerned employee. Similarly leave denial also in some cases happened to be in the interest of the employee only. Why we are having restriction on PF Advance and Withdrawal. Because, it will come handy one day or the other day.
    Let us have positive approach. Such restrictions in reality are going to help the employees not to exhaust all available leave and go on loss of pay.
    Even if an employee exhuasted all her leave, and even after availing child care leave may be in single spell, she will be left with 60 days EL that were earned by her during her child care leave (If I am not correct, I prefer to stand corrected in this aspect).

Therefore, the entire issue in this regard may have to be left with woman employees, who may be the better judge in their own case. As far as ourselves is concerned, there are so many issues waiting for our attention.
    We may focus on the same to get timely response from the concerned authorities.

Best Regards.

Senior Member sudacgwb

Default Instructions regarding the child care leave

Friends,

It appears some OM/order is issued regardng the child care leave which includes that who have EL cannot avail this leave and this leave also only with the sanction from the controlling officer.

Will someone give the link for the same. It seems the Order is place in the normal finmin or pib site as was the case earlier.

ss

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friend

You may see the website persmin.nic.in. Clarification has been issued and is also posted by me in main forum.

Junior Member gdd is on a distinguished road

Question clarification on ''earned leave"

I'm working in Rlys. Regarding clarification on CCL, the order says that the employee should not have earned leave at credit. Is ''leave on half-average pay" also included in earned leave. The terminology for leave in Rlys is LAP(Leave on Average Pay) & LHAP.(15 days & 10 days credited every 6 months respectively). Our PB sources are not clear about this. Please enlighten.
    Last edited by gdd; 21-11-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation half pay leave remains untouched

Dear gddjee

They have specifically talked about Earned Leave only. This means only full leave earned, that is Earned Leave which is done by crediting 15 days on Jan 1st and 1st July.
    The nomenclature mentioned in query under reference i( namely LAP)s only varient of Earned Leave. So the condition of first exhausting EL would apply only to this kind of leave.( 30 days a year)
    With regards,
    Badri

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear GDD

What Shri Badri is said is factually correct. LAP in railway is similar to Earned Leave in Central Government and LHAP is another name for HPL in Central Government. Except the nomenclature, all other conditions are same in Railway or in Central Government for grant of both these kinds of leave. No doubt.

Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road

Post Transport allownce

Dear friends,
    As per present rule,those who performed one day duty ina month will get full transport allownce even remaining days are treated as absent or leave without pay.This is unethical and leagal looting of public fund.Actually HRA is not admissible for unpaid days except some medical ground.

Junior Member drrituparnabarooah is on a distinguished road

I would like to know whether special duty allowance (in Meghalaya) which is 12.5% of the salary is deducted during child care leave for 4 months in case of a female central government employee. . Is it the case during Maternity leave too?
    where can I get the information regarding the allowances and deductions admissible during child care leave?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2