+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Corruption

Member RPGoswami is on a distinguished road

Default Corruption

Why is the pensioner portal silent on matters of corruption? I am sure they can give a better direction to the fight against corruption tham India Against Corruption who are seduced by their idea of Lokpal as a cure-all

Member amit2301 is on a distinguished road

True. Pensioners should blow the whistle. Hold your head high. That'd bring out the truth.

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Friends,
    Yes. Pensioners (who were not corrupt during their service) can contribute to a great extent.

This was also discussed in our G-connect under the tread "Pay fixation" and "Service matters" started by Kamalguptha020 and An17115 respectively.

Corruption is an "Universal phenomena" and laws can not eradicate this, but can be contained to a great extent if implemented properly.

I would like to share a statement of a friend (Not a govt. official) - "Everybody is gentleman (to a great extent) because there is a policeman around"

Hope this would trigger some more discussion.

Prasanna Kumar

More so, corruption creeps in when there is economic disparity. Forgetting all laws on corruption, in India, it's become a way of governance. More in the State government domains than Central. It is the urge to earn money and more money that is the root cause assisted by lack of conviction by the laws of the land

regards
    Amit

Leave all arguments. If a tiny nation like Singapore can do it, why can't we? Oooops!.... I forgot that we are a large country with a huge population.....etc......etc....

No doubt, corruption has to be dealt with heavay hands. But what we see in the world is the corrupt and insincere will be living happily without any troubles while the sincere and honest will be given all work and all blemes etc will be on this sector of workers. Most of the time these people keep quiet because of the mental tension they and their family members/dependants have to face the consequences and thinking of the family.

Now the Sevothama policy has also come in to forece which envisages time frame for disposal of files. Hope some stringent measures would emerge in due course.

Prasanna Kumar

Senior Member Gopal Krishan is on a distinguished road

Obviously not many people are interested in eradicating corruption from our life. That is why there are no posts under this thread after January 2012.

Gopal Krishan
    Last edited by Gopal Krishan; 29-12-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Junior Member Rohitkumar is on a distinguished road

Every one says that change start from us. But if we concern about the matter of corruption then it is one of the things that require every ones effort to change. But corruption is the thing that if some epople want to change it but other people does not help them to remove this corruption from India.

Frankly, I do not subscribe to the idea of adopting corrupt means in any sphere of activity. But then, when it comes to electricity or water connection or drainage, what is the recourse? We end paying up to get the work done quickly/fast. Look at the brighter side of corruption. By paying this tip to the official concerned, he is obliged to do your job out of turn. In a way, he becomes your 'paltu kutta' (पालतू कुत्ता)। ;p

Member RPGoswami is on a distinguished road

Default Corruption as an option

It is good to see that the thread corruption that was started in 2008 is attracting attention of Senior Citizen at last. In fact I had thought that we pensioners have taken corruption as a part of us that has to be endured( may be for some acceptable part of life and its Indian view of it) As regards the view that bribe takers become 'paltu kutta' they may be 'kutta' never' paltu'. Incidentally if most services if properly priced would reduce demand and there would not be a demand for bribe for providing it.
    Hope Senior Citizens would have more time for a meaningful discussion on the question of corruption taht has engulfed India

There are some kind of people who think an official or an officer who do not accept bribe is misfit in the system. I have experiences of people looking strangely at the officials who do not accept bribe. But, in most of the cases, these sect of people will be under the scan and most of the works especially works which require much mental and physical focus will be on their shoulders. However, they hold their head high though they will be under tremendous pressure.

What I feel from my experience of about 37 years in the Government of India that unless some sort of system is in place whihch would not allow any place to corruption the same cannot be even minimised what to speak of eradication.

Gopal Krishan

I have seen most corrupt and biased vigilance departments in many organizations. In such cases, it is very difficult to see an official/officer who is a purist. More over, organizational vigilance departments are also used to harass a sincere and honest official most of the time. So, instead of blaming the system, one should mend himself and try to be sincere and near perfect.

Prasanna Kumar

My dear sir, in fact there is no system and even if there is a system there would be lot of gaps because of which corruption takes place. If you can plug the holes or have a fool proof system, corruption can be minimised if not eradicated. It is the responsibility of the seniors to have such a system. If have no system or system with holes naturally every body would tend to become corrupt. I have enough experience in that regard. Of course, if you are basically honest you no one can make you corrupt but fact remains that others would take advantage of your honesty.
    Gopal Kdrishan

Junior Member sachin is on a distinguished road

There needs to be an independeent agency to investigate corruption which presently doe snot exist. That is what Janlokpal can bring.

Janlokpal without a system or with gaps in the system to be followed by the janlokpal would not be able to check corruption.
    Gopal Krishan

Corruption should be seen as a mental disease. It is predominant in those who cannot balance the equations between needs and wants. It was felt that after the hefty hike in salaries of government servants, bribery will come down. But in reality, it hasn't. It isn't known when any vaccine for the disease will ever surface. It's to be remembered that it is not us who the victims are but, it's a global phenomenon/disease/rot.

That means there is no solution to the problem and we should allow corruption to go on as it is. I am sure that cannot be your intention. As such we have to think of a solution. In fact with the use of computers all over to some extent corruption has been eliminated if not fullyl. Similarly if we introduce systems in all walk of our life, things would imporove much more.

Gopal Krishan

No so exactly as I penned down my observations. The government processes in practice should change. This calls in for GPR - Government Process Re-engineering. This'll allow restructuring with citizen centric objectives. It's being done but at a minuscule level that need to percolate far and deep. There are knowledgeable people in government who should be roped/called in to deliver ideas on improvement of situations where deadlocks a imminent. For example, a handful of government employees know about the most beneficial PLI. Most of them are comfortable with LIC and other insurers without knowing the fact that PLI's returns are the highest. So, government should adopt processes that suit us best instead of sending bureaucrats to foreign countries to learn their best practices.

Could you kindly elaborate the expression ' PLI' uses in your post?

I hope you are sure that this thread is under the heading 'corruption'
    Gopal Krishan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast