+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Retirement benefits on VRS

Junior Member s.##ram is on a distinguished road

Default Retirement benefits on VRS

In the case of retirement on superannuation there are clear rules regarding settlement of retirement benefits and a time frame. Similarly are there any rules for settlement, especially time frame, for those on VR. Generally the office starts processing cases only after the VR is approved and the person is relieved. Also let me know if the case (preparation of pension papers, nomination, etc.) has to be initiated by the concerned administrative office or is there any formality to be initiated by the retiring servant.
    I would request senior members to please enlighten.
    Ramani

Quote Originally Posted by s.##ram View Post
    In the case of retirement on superannuation there are clear rules regarding settlement of retirement benefits and a time frame. Similarly are there any rules for settlement, especially time frame, for those on VR. Generally the office starts processing cases only after the VR is approved and the person is relieved. Also let me know if the case (preparation of pension papers, nomination, etc.) has to be initiated by the concerned administrative office or is there any formality to be initiated by the retiring servant.
    I would request senior members to please enlighten.
    Ramani
    I thought only the pension rules are silent on the retirement benefits for VR employees but even the mebers of the discussion board seem to be silent. Can any member please enlighten?
    Ramani

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

There must be a valid reason for pension rules to be silent in such cases, mainly because, the pensioner retiring on superannuation has no other means than pension once his salary gets stopped after retirement. In order to remove any
    financial constraints immediately after retirement, an advance action is required with a set time frame, because the date of cessation of service is very much known even on the date of joining itself. In other case, the individual would have already ensured subsequent financial requirement, prior to submission of his proposal and moreover, only after approval, the office will initiate further action, for which individual also need to co-ordinate with the concerned office. Wanton delay in either case is not the intention of the Rules, but in the former a speedy action is prescribed. Because of the channels through which the papers are processed and forwarded for final approval from CPAO, Delhi there cannot be any specific time limit but within reasonable time frame, the completion of processing and forwarding is required to be done. Individual has to keep in touch with for completing all requirements from his side also for such processing within reasonable time. It is better to know well in advance from the office concerned, the requirement to be met and take care of the same from his side. As it is a routine work, things will take its own course with the co-ordination of individual also, and in some cases, depending on fulfilment of the requirement, certain delay is unavoidable. Intentional delay if any is objectionable.

It is wrong to presume that those going on VRS have ensured their financial requirement. Employee would go in for VRS for several reasons and not just after gaining another job. Family circumstances, jod dissatisfaction, place of posting, etc. could be some reasons. The Pension Rules being silent allows the Govt organisations enough leeway to inordinately delay for settling the benefits including GPF accumulation and leave enashment let alone commutation, gratuity and pension. The needs of the person going on VRS could be immediate and this is defeated. The employee gives 3 months notice and at least from the date of acceptance of VRS there should be a time frame. The pension papers should be sent with the retirement acceptance order and a time frame built in for settling the benefits. Intentional delay is too subjective and cannot be justifiably monitored.
    This is not any way an affront to the senior member who has replied as this is normal presumption. He has done an excellent job in pointing out the normal reasons.
    The person going on VRS is thus subject to great financial hardship and mental torture. Through this forum I would like the members to raise this issue in appropriate fora.
    Ramani

Junior Member Tukaram V Manerajurikar is on a distinguished road

Sir,
    U am an exserviceman Ex-Sgt. IAF (15 years service) 1975 to 1990. Now reemployed in Central Govt. 1990 to till date. I am going on VRS on 01.10.2012 ( After 22 years in Civil side). I may get 2 pensions. But my family is entitlled for one only in case I die. I am also strong supporter of 2 family pensions to the families of reemployed exservicvemen. I have received and read your Attachment on the said subject in my inbox of [email protected] today. I want to discuss and express my views and obtain your views and knowledge on the said issue. This is my e-mail address of [email protected] My Mobole No. is 9892967565. Thanking you in anticipation.
    Yours faithfully

Tukaram V Manerajurikar Ex-Sgt., 646160
    Supdt. C. Ex. Mubai-III Commissionerate, Thane ( Now)

Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road

Default compulsory retirement

if a CG employee were to be sent out on compulsory retirement as a Major penalty what will be his terminal benefits, if he has put in more than 10 years of service

+ Reply to Thread