+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Income Tax on Previous Deduction

Junior Member anilshukla is on a distinguished road

Default Income Tax on Previous Deduction

Sir,
    Some of our staff member, in a Govt. Office, got the enhanced pay due to a court case as a interim order by the court in the Year 2001-2003 Period. Then office got the stay order and after 5-6 Years, this year in the month of January Supreme Court reject the Staff side claim and order for recovery of excess pay paid during the Period 2001-2003. Our office start deduction from affected staff members pay w.e.f. 06/2011 pay in instalments as per court order.
    Can we deduct the recovered amount by the office during this FY from our taxable income at the time of calculation of TAX for the year 2011-2012 ? or not? please clarify.

ANIL SHUKLA
    E.S.I.Corporation
    Delhi Region.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

As per my knowledge Arrears for last three years qualify for such deduction. However other members may comment to enable me to brush up my knowledge

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by anilshukla View Post
    Sir,
    Some of our staff member, in a Govt. Office, got the enhanced pay due to a court case as a interim order by the court in the Year 2001-2003 Period. Then office got the stay order and after 5-6 Years, this year in the month of January Supreme Court reject the Staff side claim and order for recovery of excess pay paid during the Period 2001-2003. Our office start deduction from affected staff members pay w.e.f. 06/2011 pay in instalments as per court order.
    Can we deduct the recovered amount by the office during this FY from our taxable income at the time of calculation of TAX for the year 2011-2012 ? or not? please clarify.

ANIL SHUKLA
    E.S.I.Corporation
    Delhi Region.
    Your salary will get reduced automatically when the recoveries are made. The income tax will be payable on the net salary after deduction of the recoveries.

Victor

+ Reply to Thread