+ Reply to Thread

Thread: income tax on arrears

Junior Member aarti is on a distinguished road

Default income tax on arrears

my parent department revised our pay as per high court's order in a case as a result of which i got pay protection in the deptt. i'm currently working in and i also got arrears from both my previous office and my current office. however, tax has been deducted from my arrears by both departments @ 10%. had i got this revised salary w.e.f. from the date of order of high court, i would not have come under the tax bracket for first couple of years and even later the amount of tax so deducted would have been less than what has been deducted at present. is there a way in which i can seek a refund of tax deducted from my arrears?

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by aarti View Post
    my parent department revised our pay as per high court's order in a case as a result of which i got pay protection in the deptt. i'm currently working in and i also got arrears from both my previous office and my current office. however, tax has been deducted from my arrears by both departments @ 10%. had i got this revised salary w.e.f. from the date of order of high court, i would not have come under the tax bracket for first couple of years and even later the amount of tax so deducted would have been less than what has been deducted at present. is there a way in which i can seek a refund of tax deducted from my arrears?
    You are entitled to relief under Section 89(1) of Income Tax Act. For further details refer to the following link:

http://www.gconnect.in/personal-inco...r-2011-12.html

Victor

Junior Member Dr.M.Jauhari is on a distinguished road

Dear Sir,
    As a result of judgment of PCAT,New Delhi,my pension has been refixed wef 1/1/2006 and I have received arrears for the period 1/1/2006 to 23/9/2012 in the FY 2014-15.The relief calculator under 89(1) is not available.I request that the same may be released under intimation to me.MJauhari

Senior Member soodeep is on a distinguished road

You can use http://taxguru.in/income-tax/income-...fy-201314.html or taxclubindia.com/simple/2013-14/89%20relief.xls
    or else, you just prepare yourself in excel sheet with the help of Form 16 issued by your tax deductor.

soodeep

+ Reply to Thread