+ Reply to Thread

Thread: upgrading of scales by 6th cpc and fixation theretoo

Junior Member sidharthsaroha is on a distinguished road

Default upgrading of scales by 6th cpc and fixation theretoo

I am working as a DAO in IA&AD as group B officer under AG HP SHIMAL.As per recommendations of 6th CPC vide Para No. 7.56.13 on page no. 605, and further acceptance by the GOI vide Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 as published in The Gazette of India on dated 29-08-2008, where in the pre-revised scales 6500-10500, 7450-11500 and 7500-12500 of Fifth CPC have since been upgraded to pre-revised scale of 7450-11500, 7500-12500 and 8000-13500 respectively as corresponding Pay band 9300-34800 in Grade Pay 4600, 4800 as PB 2 and 5400 as PB 3 w.e.f. 1.01.2006. i was promoted as DAO GR-ii UNDER THE SCALE OF 6500-10500 AS ON 1.1.2006. BUT AFTER THE 6CPC MY HEAD QUARTER FIX MY PAY ON 6500/- AND GIVEN ME GP OF 4600/-, NOT ON 7450/- AS RECOMENDED BY 6CPC Now it is come to my knowledge while interactions with the other Central Govt. Employees during the period that the initial fixation for the posts, having been upgraded from the pre revised pay scale of 6500-10500 to 7450-11500, has been done taking into the consideration the starting of Rs. 7450 of the pre revised upgraded pay scale of 7450-11500. The same is evident from the pay fixation of Sh. GM Kabui________________ ( the link of the same is attachedhttp://groups.google.com/group/dad-a...68d50a8fff98f2 for ready reference please) It is further submitted that as the MOF GOI has acknowledged the said pay fixation in respect of Sh. GM Kabui, there exists no way I been left without the same benefit. now i want to know whether i represent for refixation or not kindly advice me. kindly send your sugession and advices and any other department fixation for help to my email sidharthsaroha@gmail.com

Member susant270774 is on a distinguished road

As it already known to you that CAG order has also placedin the post. the same to SO/AAO and you are IA & AD hence the 6th CPC recommendation are equilly applicable to your case. You shall claim the pay fixation as per GM Kabui formula.

sir i don't have the cag orders kindly provide the link/copy i shall be grateful to you
    Last edited by sidharthsaroha; 20-12-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sidharthsaroha View Post
    sir i don't have the cag orders kindly provide the link/copy i shall be grateful to you
    Kindly refer (http://www.cssofficers.in/cag_clarif...nof_so_aao.pdf) for the CAG Order.

Victor

thanx sir for your valuable help

Junior Member rajg is on a distinguished road

In the Notifications regarding Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules of 1987 or 1997, there is provision for two types of options to be exercised by the employees. These are –
    A) First option is provided by Rule 6 of these notifications and is regarding the date from which the employee wants the revised pay-scales to be implemented for him. Under Rule 6 (1), there is a special standard Form prescribed for it & this form is annexed in the notification itself; and this option has to be exercised in writing by the employee within 3 months of the publication of the Revised-Pay rules in Gazette. Otherwise, he is deemed to have opted for January 1 of 1986 or 1996 as the case may be. Once exercised, this option is final. ( Pl see Rule 5 and 6, and sub-rules there to)

B) Second option is to be exercised under Note 2 of Rule 7 which deals with Fixation of Pay in revised scale. Herein a provision has been made that –
    ‘Where the increment of a Government employee falls on First day of January of
    1986*/1996*, he shall have the option to draw the increment in the existing scale
    or the revised scale.’
    *as the case may be
    Kindly note that my queries are regarding this 2nd option to get information about --
    1. Mode or process prescribed to exercise this 2nd option.

2. i) Any special Form prescribed by the Govt or Finance department to apply for this 2nd option

{ Please, note that there is no column regarding this 2ndoption in the Form prescribed under Rule 6(1) of Revised Pay Rules for option regarding date of implementation of new pay-scales }

ii) status regarding sanctity of a simple application written by the employee to his Head of Office to opt and request to grant him annual increment in the revised pay-scale.

3. i) Any such special express condition put by the Govt or the Finance department that this option must be exercised simultaneously [ that is on same date and time] with the option by which employee opts the date from which he wants the new pay-scales to be implemented to him, and the specific Rule which provides for such condition.

ii) Any time-interval prescribed within which this option must be exercised after the publication of the C.C.S.(Revised pay) Rules in the official gazette, and the specific Rule which provides for such time-interval.

iii) any minimum or maximum time interval prescribed between the two options, and the
    specific Rule which provides for such time-interval.

4. If an employee does not opt for this option, though his date of increment is January 1, of the years 1986/1996, can it be deemed that he has opted for the annual increment in revised scales, just like the provision by which an employee is deemed to have opted for January 1 for the implementation for new pay-scales if he does not fill the Form prescribed for mentioning the date of implementation of new pay-scales.
    5. Status regarding the finality of this 2nd option [regarding increment in the revised scales] once
    the employee has exercised it, and the specific Rule which governs such condition.

6. Officer competent to grant the increment in revised scales.

+ Reply to Thread