+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No upward revision of gpf interest from 8% even after several years at the same rate

Junior Member venki26765@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road

Default No upward revision of gpf interest from 8% even after several years at the same rate

SIR,

In these days of inflation, Government servants have only one safe mode of investment with a provision for withdrawal / taking advance. The rate of interest of GPF however is very low at 8% for several years now with unabated inflation around and the money value going down day by day.

Recently, I came to know that even the PPF interest has gone up to 8.6%. I really wonder as to why nobody is taking up this matter with the higher authorities.

An upward revision in interest rate would increase the holding with the Government and also make the government servant happy to some extent.

CAN ANY SENIOR MEMBER PLEASE COMMENT AND TAKE IT UP AT THE APPROPRIATE LEVEL PLEASE.

Venkateshan

Member neon007 is on a distinguished road

correct you are. Government is totally neglecting in upward revision of GPF interest whereby they are increasing their salary by passing bill in two houses i.e. lok sabha and rajya sabha. Even no M.P. have ever raised the issue. Kindly take the action immediately as also requested to introduce the online tracking of gpf account of every employee with proper security.

+ Reply to Thread