+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VR acceptance after 3 months notice

Junior Member s.##ram is on a distinguished road

Default VR acceptance after 3 months notice

I just saw a thread from Mr. Venkatesan about VR not being accepted due to administrative reasons and the reply by Mr. Victor.
    I would like to give a similar case. I am Group A officer. I gave notice of VR on personal reasons and family circumstances as I have completed 50 years and have joined service before the age of 35. I have completed more than 26 years of service. I am not under suspension. I had made a request to waive off the 3 months notice period and allowed to retire in about a month from the notice.
    I got a letter before the period ended that my request for waiving off 3 months notice has not been found feasible due to administrative reasons. However, my request for VR after the normal requirement of 3 months notice period is under consideration and that the final decision will be communicated in due course. I represented again to give a sympathetic consideration and I be allowed to go on VR at the end of 3 months notice period. One week before the notice period ended I got a similar reply that my request for VR on completion of 3 months notice period has not been found feasible due to some administrative reasons and that I continue in the post until further orders. I sent another letter for sympathetically considering my request as I gave 3 months notice under FR 56(k) and rule 48, CCS (Pension Rules) and I satisfy the conditions (50 years age and entering service before 35 years) and that I be allowed to go on VR on the said date. The notice period has ended and there has been no reply.
    Swamy’s Handbook (2010) (chapter 20, page 255) says that an employee has a right to retire under these rules and the retirement becomes effective on the expiry of notice period, without awaiting appointing authority’s approval, unless the official is under suspension. Swamy’s Pension rules made easy (2009) (chapter 8, page 78) says that a Govt. servant exercises his right and the Appointing authority has no authority to withhold permission to him to retire except when he is under suspension. Even for VR after 20 years of service under guidelines for acceptance of notice it says that the acceptance may be given in all cases except when disciplinary proceedings are pending, etc.
    I request seniors to please advice how to proceed. Is it right to leave the post without orders of acceptance of VR? The charge of the post has to be given to somebody to relinquish the post. Is there any other option left to make the appointing authority to relieve me?
    Ramani

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

As per rules a disinterested should not be retained in service. In your case your office should have accepted your request for release, if they did not do so, you kindly bear with the organisation and leave the same gracefully. I think already two months have passed and there is no harm to serve for one more month or so. Be patient

Default VR acceptance after 3 months notice

Dear Mr. Pathak,
    Many thanks for your kind reply. I have been patient and only pleaded with them to accept my VR on sympathetic grounds. The 3 months notice period is also over (15 days after the notice period of 3 months has ended) and not 2 months as preceived by you and still there is no reply from them about acceptance of my VR. Hence the cause for worry and finding ways out of the impasse. I would like to leave without any hassles and am seeking ways.
    Ramani

Quote Originally Posted by RKPATHAK View Post
    As per rules a disinterested should not be retained in service. In your case your office should have accepted your request for release, if they did not do so, you kindly bear with the organisation and leave the same gracefully. I think already two months have passed and there is no harm to serve for one more month or so. Be patient
    Dear Mr. Pathak,
    Many thanks for your kind reply. I have been patient and only pleaded with them to accept my VR on sympathetic grounds. The 3 months notice period is also over (15 days after the notice period of 3 months has ended) and not 2 months as preceived by you and still there is no reply from them about acceptance of my VR. Hence the cause for worry and finding ways out of the impasse. I would like to leave without any hassles and am seeking ways.
    Ramani

+ Reply to Thread