+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you know the use of Right to Information.

Junior Member rose.p is on a distinguished road

Default Have you know the use of Right to Information.

Right to information

."to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens."
    this act apply for every state and territories.except Jammu & Kashmir because they have there own J & K RTI. the act is passed by government so that citizen get freedom to know about the anything related to government field.this act is passed because citizen get more information about their query.

Junior Member m2k_kastoor is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up RTI Act...

Thanks Rose for updating this information....
    Regards
    M2K

Member amit2301 is on a distinguished road

It is a beautiful ammunition when all channels of information for justice are blocked. Recently, I filed RTI with my department only to know that my 'application for 10 days' encashment of EL while on LTC' was not received by the SO who is also the DDO. Such is his behaviour that he purposely did not pass the information to me that the application was misplaced or missing from the bunch of papers submitted. I am grateful to Sh. Pathak and Sh. Sinha who threw positive light in this forum on the subject. He inflicted this financial loss to me and set off for a 'poonya yatra' by growing a beard and walk 10 days to some temple! Ridiculous. But within the department too I did not get sufficient support for this loss inflicted by the SO/DDO as everyone is concerned with their petty payments released on time. Height of stupidity!

Junior Member trr1262 is on a distinguished road

Default RTI is it a powerful tool or it is mockery

dear friends, I have little bit experience in RTI matters. Most of the departments are merely followed the principle of RTI for the sake of compliance. For example, the Act emphasise certain informations be made on suo motto by the Administrators. It made provision for publish the information in web site. What most of the departments are doing is giving skeleton information on their website that too not updating periodically. The information most often irrelevent.

Now let me come to the point of RTI question. if you raise some important issue under RTI, the department either giving evasive reply or half information. Sometime, the department is doing a post office job. i.e., simply forwarding to a PIO within the same ministry, he then again forwarding to another pio in the same ministry, and the case repeats again and again. What happened either the RTI Applicant get bored to contact the TAIL END PIO, or leave the matter as it is. This is what happening on most of the occasion. Only one or 2 applicants are only seeing the end result i.e., knocking the doors of CIC to get the desired information.

Very often the PIO is rejected the service matter related RTI. Or giving indirect pressure to accept the half-baked information. Moreover, the applicant also fearing and rasising the question in their spouse name and they are unable to proceed till the end. i.e., to the level of CIC.

Our ADMINISTRATORS know well how to kill the rti applicant. Since this is service area. It happens like this. IF it affects in public life, particularly in political area, then the RTI applicant will be killed using mafias

sorry guys i lot hope unless the so called Public servants ie., MP, MLAs etc are to be elected under stringent conditions, with some educational background no question of thinking in elite living.

thanks

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by trr1262 View Post
    dear friends, I have little bit experience in RTI matters. Most of the departments are merely followed the principle of RTI for the sake of compliance. For example, the Act emphasise certain informations be made on suo motto by the Administrators. It made provision for publish the information in web site. What most of the departments are doing is giving skeleton information on their website that too not updating periodically. The information most often irrelevent.

Now let me come to the point of RTI question. if you raise some important issue under RTI, the department either giving evasive reply or half information. Sometime, the department is doing a post office job. i.e., simply forwarding to a PIO within the same ministry, he then again forwarding to another pio in the same ministry, and the case repeats again and again. What happened either the RTI Applicant get bored to contact the TAIL END PIO, or leave the matter as it is. This is what happening on most of the occasion. Only one or 2 applicants are only seeing the end result i.e., knocking the doors of CIC to get the desired information.

Very often the PIO is rejected the service matter related RTI. Or giving indirect pressure to accept the half-baked information. Moreover, the applicant also fearing and rasising the question in their spouse name and they are unable to proceed till the end. i.e., to the level of CIC.

Our ADMINISTRATORS know well how to kill the rti applicant. Since this is service area. It happens like this. IF it affects in public life, particularly in political area, then the RTI applicant will be killed using mafias

sorry guys i lot hope unless the so called Public servants ie., MP, MLAs etc are to be elected under stringent conditions, with some educational background no question of thinking in elite living.

thanks
    This is not a mockery. Some transparency has come in many fields due to RTI especially in Kerala. Most of the news in electronic/print media are received through RTI. There could be loopholes. But, as Amit stated, some body would be made answerable. No need to loose hope in every thing.

Prasanna Kumar

Default RTI is it a powerful tool or it is mockery

thanks mr. prasannakumar. I do agree it is a tool only. We must try to plug the loophole.

Senior Member Gopal Krishan is on a distinguished road

The Act of enacted to ensure transperancy in the decison taking process by any public authority.

Default partial transparancy

Quote Originally Posted by Gopal Krishan View Post
    The Act of enacted to ensure transperancy in the decison taking process by any public authority.
    Of course mr. gopal krishan,but most of the times the authorities are giving evasive reply. some times irrelevant answers /informations under the disguise that they are not aware of the queries. This will show the authorities reluctant. Further, the act emphasise proactive information should be given thorugh website, whereas most of the departments are not even uploading the basis datas which are ought to be uploaded. or otherwsie they are uploading once and not periodically updating.

on the applicant's side most of the appicant is asking for the sake of asking without understanding the intricacises of RTI Act, further, they are asking clarifications, which the authorities are turned down. In some case, the applicants are relucatant to appeal further, only harliners such agarwal etc., are going to the end of approaching the cic for meeting the resut. more interactions are to be carried out. more awarness are to be created.

let us hope in the coming years people will get to know more about the same.

ravi

Junior Member baburaoreshika@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

sir,if the question and its motive is right then you will get an answer,if not then sorry u may get garbage papers as a result:the reply is not given in a prescribed time (30-45 days approx) u may apply to the aplathe authority

Default partial transparancy

I have recent experience. in a department there are various sections. each one is having separate PIO. Whenever we send rti query it goes to one particular section even if it address to other sections. there the application is pending for 20 days, then finally the reply is coming as , " IT IS PERTAINS TO X SECTION." this reply is coming only on the last day. this is not mockery. further, the x section is actually a subsection of the main section. As per rti act section 6 the PIO should forward the application if it feels the information is pertains to another PIO. In this instant case the section only different it is not other pio most of the time in CPWD, they are giving evasive reply or keep it pending for 28 days and then finally give the reply that it pertains to another section.

Dear friend. i too agree if the question is genuine and we should get reply. Even gthe finance ministry is also giving evasive reply in respect of eligibility of 4800 for group B cadres. in reply to one of the RTI query(which appears in G connect also) the answer and for another rti query in the same subject that is clarificatory hence information cannot be supplied. I have considerable experience. So far I have raised 500 RTI with various authorities, i am not complaining but some of the authorities are having the motive how to given evasive reply are dodging. This is only reality.

let us try to educate the applicants as well as the PIO about their duties. As regards to the proactive information none of the departments are so far giving complete information then and there. most of the timie they are not updating.

furher as per Article 4(1) of the RTI Act states that "Every pulbic authority shall publish all relevant facts while formulating the poicy or announcing the decisions which affect the public " whereas the authorities are not complying this provision. Further, the term " ifnormation " mentioned in article 2(f) of the act have bearings on the article 4(1). Am i right . can any one clarify plesase.

ravi

Dear interested

Recent judgement of the Supreme Court against whihc the GOI has filed a review petition may solve the problem. If the heads of all the Information Commissions are judicial officers things would imporve.

Gopal Krishan

Dear friend.

by just appointing the judges to the RTI commission will not help. much more. In fact the basic law was emanated from various countries. In fact many countries not only judges but other eminent persons were appointed. Moreover, you know Mr. Shailes gandhi who is not a judge but done a marvellous job. fjurther, the essence of act is to comply the requirement of transparancy and promote awareness among the people whereas the so called bureaucracy is helping the politicians how to kill these essential elements. The self centered and coward politician are trying to take all efforts to kill this law and also threatening the activists and even killing them also. I have lost hope.
    most of the departments even after 7 years after the enactment of law still they are dilly dallying to give information. Most of the departments are not updating their website or intensively give false/old information. Because many of the information seekers are not take action till the end i.e., approaching the CIC for getting the information they wanted. Further, even if the information is obtained one is not interested to pursue the same for logical ends. we must try to make awareness among all concerned.

ravi rengarajan

Dear ravi

I entirely agree that awareness is a must amongst all RTI lovers. As rightly observed by you some of the informato\ion seekers leave the matter in between rather thatn taking the same to a logical end. Even a few who approach CIC do not get justice from the Information Commissioner as they are from the same set up, which is required to be transparent by supplying the information required. But unfortnately, they also get support to their wrong doings from the CIC. If the head of the CIC and other State Information Commissions are judicial they would certainly not side with the information givers and would ensure that justice in done that regard. I have experienced the same in my case. The Informaton Commissioner in the name of Public Interest sided with the Department of the Government of India. I am planning to go the Delhi High Court in that regard.

With regards,

Gopal Krishan
    from Delhi

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

In most of the cases, blurred answers are given and the person seeking information will be fed up and will not move further. However, the media people are making use of it to the maximum

From the reply it is clea that the Act
    is useful only for media people and public at large is deprived of the right to information.
    Gopal Krishan

+ Reply to Thread