+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pay Fixation on promotion

Junior Member dmsreddy is on a distinguished road

Default Pay Fixation on promotion

I am working as Personal Asst-C in DRDO. I was granted II financial upgradation under MACP scheme with effect from 01/09/2008 with Pay in the Pay Band as Rs.14,150/- (MACPS) and Grade Pay as Rs.4,600/- (MACPS).

I had appeared for Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for promotion to the grade of Accountants in May 2011 and successfully qualified for the promotion. The Grade Pay of Accountant post is Rs.4,200/- whereas my present Grade Pay is Rs.4600/- which was granted in MACPS.

However, the duties and responsibilities of Personal Asst-C and Accountant posts are different. The post of Accountant involves/carries higher responsibilities. I would like to know how my pay is going to be fixed.

Kindly clarify.

Thank you.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Accountant and Personal Assistant are two different cadres and no relevant with each other. You better seek reversion and remain in your cadre

The next promotion in Personal cadre is Private Secretary Grade "A" in DRDO. There are very few posts of PS "A" in DRDO. I may not get promotion to PS "A" in the next 15 years where as I may get promotion to Accounts Officer in Accounts cadre in the next 5 to 7 years of time. Moreover, the Grade Pay of Rs.4,600/- was granted to me under MACPS in PA-C post. Therefore, I feel that I should accept promotion to the post of Accountant in Accounts cadre even though it carries the Grade Pay of Rs.4,200/- rather than continuing as Personal Asst in Personal cadre.

In the light of the above, I would like to know how my pay is going to be fixed.

Kindly clarify.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by dmsreddy View Post
    The next promotion in Personal cadre is Private Secretary Grade "A" in DRDO. There are very few posts of PS "A" in DRDO. I may not get promotion to PS "A" in the next 15 years where as I may get promotion to Accounts Officer in Accounts cadre in the next 5 to 7 years of time. Moreover, the Grade Pay of Rs.4,600/- was granted to me under MACPS in PA-C post. Therefore, I feel that I should accept promotion to the post of Accountant in Accounts cadre even though it carries the Grade Pay of Rs.4,200/- rather than continuing as Personal Asst in Personal cadre.

In the light of the above, I would like to know how my pay is going to be fixed.

Kindly clarify.
    There will be no pay fixation involved in your case. You will continue to draw your existing pay. Only your designation will change.

Victor

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

The same mistake I did when I opted to be an Accountant from an Assistant. Today the Assistant is in grade pay of Rs 6600 whereas I am in the grade pay of 4800. ACP granted to hem with promotaional hiererchy as (Assistant- Section Oficer- Under Secretary), whereas I got ACP as (Assistant-Accountant-Accounts Officer). Since in my office Accounts Officer is in grade pay of rs 4600, I have been granted benefit of MACP and placed in grade pay of rs 4800. Be the best judge taking all facts and circumstances into consideration

Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road

Also note that if you decline promotion you will not be eligible for 3rd MACP.

sasi

This is in continuation of my earlier post regarding pay fixation on promotion to the grade of Accountant (Group "B" Non-Gazetted in Pay Band-2, Pay Scale Rs.9300-34800 with the Grade Pay of Rs.4,200/-) in DRDO. The Promotion-cum-Posting Order states that "He may exercise within one month from the date of assuming promotion his option for fixation of pay in higher post under FR-22(1)(a)". Presently I am in Personal Assistant-C post. My present Pay in the Pay Band is Rs.15,900/- and Grade Pay is Rs.4,600/- (granted under II financial upgradation under MACPS scheme with effect from 01/09/2008).

Kindly clarify how my pay will be fixed.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by dmsreddy View Post
    This is in continuation of my earlier post regarding pay fixation on promotion to the grade of Accountant (Group "B" Non-Gazetted in Pay Band-2, Pay Scale Rs.9300-34800 with the Grade Pay of Rs.4,200/-) in DRDO. The Promotion-cum-Posting Order states that "He may exercise within one month from the date of assuming promotion his option for fixation of pay in higher post under FR-22(1)(a)". Presently I am in Personal Assistant-C post. My present Pay in the Pay Band is Rs.15,900/- and Grade Pay is Rs.4,600/- (granted under II financial upgradation under MACPS scheme with effect from 01/09/2008).

Kindly clarify how my pay will be fixed.
    This is a standard clause inserted in every appointment order. There is no pay fixation involved in your case as you have already availed of the benefit under ACP/MACP. Your admin will realize their mistake on detailed examination of your case.

Victor

+ Reply to Thread