+ Reply to Thread

Thread: going to CAT on MACP for officers under FCS

Hybrid View

Junior Member sankarshantha is on a distinguished road

Default going to CAT on MACP for officers under FCS

I am planning to approach CAT regarding MACP rule in ahich above grade pay 7600 you have to be bench marked as "very good" to get MACP benefit.If you are bench marked "very good" then within 10 years in that grade you will be promoted by FCS itself.Then what is the meaning of modified assured career progression in this case?This grading clause has been introduced specifically with a mindset to block the career progression in this grade for officers who has put in 10 or more years of service in grades with grade pay 7600 with an over all service record of more than 30 years.Discussion is open.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sankarshantha View Post
    I am planning to approach CAT regarding MACP rule in ahich above grade pay 7600 you have to be bench marked as "very good" to get MACP benefit.If you are bench marked "very good" then within 10 years in that grade you will be promoted by FCS itself.Then what is the meaning of modified assured career progression in this case?This grading clause has been introduced specifically with a mindset to block the career progression in this grade for officers who has put in 10 or more years of service in grades with grade pay 7600 with an over all service record of more than 30 years.Discussion is open.
    MACP is only a fall back option in case promotion through the normal channel does not take place. The rigors of assessment under MFCS however remains the same under MACP.

Victor

We are satisfied if we are given minimum progression in any government office by way of promotions.Fifth pay commision defined your minimum promotion in 24 years is two. I was not complaining. But sixth pay commision amended the same as three in 30 years.So I tried to use the MACP route. We did not ask for favours. But after all the senior colleague also is fed from the consolidated funds of India and he uses salt I hope in his diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    MACP is only a fall back option in case promotion through the normal channel does not take place. The rigors of assessment under MFCS however remains the same under MACP.

Victor
    Victor I was selected for 18th batch training school course by an unbiased selection committee.I completed the course with flying colors and was posted in a place not to my liking.I tried to apply for UPSC civil service examination immediately.Since the entry level IAS was one rank below that S O C grade at that time, my head of office refused to forward my application to UPSC.Irony is present special secretary of D A E failed to qualify for 18th batch.Subsequently he went through IAS and became additional secretary in D A E.I was denied MACP on the ground that "Very good" grading was not given..FCS..is like "moonu cheettu" (tamil) mangaathaa.With such a system in place only GOD can help the government. Hope HE will do it since our pension depends on the continuance of this system

Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sankarshantha View Post
    What is the difficulty for a Reporting/Reviewing Officer granting “very good” Grading(Numerical grading 6-8) to an employee under him? Grading of 9 or 10(outstanding) only needs to be justified with respect to specific achievements.

sasi

The difficulty in scientific department is that the senior colleague is not able to accept his shortcomings and assesses a much better performing junior colleague as<6.Actually my senior was not allowed to give >6 since his seniors prevailed on him to give a lower grading.For example I was invited by one N G O and a medical college for giving lectures.My senior never gets such invitation.secrecy in D A E makes the grading system go nasty.Funny system has reporting authority as well as appealate authority for the lower grading complainant is made the same person. Can you ever cmplain about a person to the same person?They insists that this is merit based.Now only APAR has come and things will improve for younger generation.Apart from this I got a paper presentation opportunity in a green chemistry conference in washington D C U S A.I was not given permission to attend the same by my senior colleagues.I told I will near the travelling expences.I am retiring in June and am ready to forget all these.Government service in such departments has its own funny hassels.In Koodankulam many of the government experts were not able to convince the knowledgeable resoning public...
    Last edited by sankarshantha; 25-05-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Default even tried IIM ahmedabad

Quote Originally Posted by SASI View Post
    What is the difficulty for a Reporting/Reviewing Officer granting “very good” Grading(Numerical grading 6-8) to an employee under him? Grading of 9 or 10(outstanding) only needs to be justified with respect to specific achievements.

sasi
    I even went to IIm ahmedabad during my service..to submit a proposed study on organisational behaviour at BARC to them..an unbiased study to eveluate the employees aims and fulfilment levels and the organisation's ability to focus on satisfying mejority of employees.But it did not materialise.
    I suspect FCS leeds to personality cult..perpetuating a slave tendency in such organisations.

Now I am happily retired and the Image of FCS is rather quirky ..isn't it? It is one way of making an officer who psychologically wishes to have an endorsement of egoistic goals from a government agency sensed by the senior colleagues in such organisations do rathe unwanted and risky jobs for the benefit of the hyrarchy..rather jua me senior making the chottu go and bet is the exact example..Haha nice that CAT is mouse fearing CAT

+ Reply to Thread