+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macp

Member gokul1969

Default Macp

An official was appointed as peon in 1973 and was promoted as daftry in 1981. He was promoted as LDC 1n 1991carrying a grade pay of Rs.1900.
    Whether the official will be eligilble for 3rd MACP to the grade pay of Rs.2000 or 2400. My opinion is the official is eligible for Rs.2400/ grade pay since the promotion earned as daftry should not be taken into account as all the cadres of peon, daftry have all been merged and granted a grade pay of Rs.1800. Please confirm whether my opinion is correct.
    Mr. Victor may please reply. If also quote if there is any specific orders to deal with the case, as in the instant case the official was promoted as LDC as early as 1991.
    Regards
    Gokul

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by gokul1969 View Post
    An official was appointed as peon in 1973 and was promoted as daftry in 1981. He was promoted as LDC 1n 1991carrying a grade pay of Rs.1900.
    Whether the official will be eligilble for 3rd MACP to the grade pay of Rs.2000 or 2400. My opinion is the official is eligible for Rs.2400/ grade pay since the promotion earned as daftry should not be taken into account as all the cadres of peon, daftry have all been merged and granted a grade pay of Rs.1800. Please confirm whether my opinion is correct.
    Mr. Victor may please reply. If also quote if there is any specific orders to deal with the case, as in the instant case the official was promoted as LDC as early as 1991.
    Regards
    Gokul
    Kindly refer to OM dated 16.11.2009 in this regard (http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadDat...rification.pdf).

As you said the promotion to the post of Daftry will be ignored. The official in effect has got only one promotion (i.e. to the post of LDC). Hence, the official will be enitled to 2nd MACP w.e.f. 1.9.2008 to GP 2000 and 3rd MACP also w.e.f. 1.9.2008 to GP 2400. Pay fixation on account of MACP will be done twice, once from GP 1900 to GP 2000 and then again from GP 2000 to GP 2400 as on 1.9.2008.

Victor

Member gokul1969

Mr.Victor thank you for your prompt reply. Just to take discussion further, please clarify will it make any difference if the promotion is effect prior to 1996 i.e. fourth pay commission. In the instant case referred by me the appointment as poen and daftry will be in 3rd pay commission, promotion of LDC is during 4th pay commission. Will it have any bearing since in the O.M. referred by you, reference has been made in respect of pay scales of 5th pay commission only. Please clarify

Thank you onceagain for very prompt reply

Regards
    Victor

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by gokul1969 View Post
    Mr.Victor thank you for your prompt reply. Just to take discussion further, please clarify will it make any difference if the promotion is effect prior to 1996 i.e. fourth pay commission. In the instant case referred by me the appointment as poen and daftry will be in 3rd pay commission, promotion of LDC is during 4th pay commission. Will it have any bearing since in the O.M. referred by you, reference has been made in respect of pay scales of 5th pay commission only. Please clarify

Thank you once again for very prompt reply

Regards
    The date of promotion/appointment has no affect on the benefits due under the MACP Scheme. Kindly refer to para 5 of Annexure of MACP Scheme in this regard (http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadDat...8-Estt.(D).pdf).

The idea behind the OM dated 16.11.2009 is that the erstwhile Group D employees, whose pre-revised pay scales now stands merged and upgraded to GP 1800, will now be treated as if they entered service at GP 1800. Promotions earned in the past which corresponds to pre-revised scales lower than pre-revised scale corresponding to GP 1800 will, therefore, be ignored. It may be noted that the pre-revised scales of 5CPC mentioned in the OM are itself replacement scales of 4CPC which in-turn are replacement scales of 3CPC.

It is the spirit of the OM which is more important and needs to be understood clearly.

Victor

Member gokul1969

Agreed. thank you for your reply.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

The incumbent shall get three upgradations in the grade pay i.e., 1900,2000 and 2400. For every upgradation there shall be one increment @ 3%

+ Reply to Thread