+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Automatically increase by 25% whenever DA goes up by 50% NEEDS FURTHER ORDER ?

  1. #1
    Member PRD Fernandez is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Udaipur (Rajasthan)
    Posts
    38

    Default Automatically increase by 25% whenever DA goes up by 50% NEEDS FURTHER ORDER ?

    Dear Sirs,
    The annexure of OM F.No.19030/3/2008-E.IV dated 23rd Sep 2008 concludes with the explanatory note that........The TA/DA rates mentioned in para 2 D(b) and (c) (mileage for road journey by/taxi/own car/auto rickshaw/ own scooter/bicycle etc.), para (3) (all components of dally allowance on tour including rate of DA for journey on foot) and para 4(c) (rates of transportation of personal effects) of this Annexure, shall automatically increase by 25% whenever Dearness Allowance payable on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%. However in office administration TA/DA bills submitted after 1st January 2011 are settled in accordance with prevailing rates with out increasing 25% and stating the reason that NO SEPARATE order is issued in this regard like OM No. 1201 1/01/2011-Estt. (Allowance) dated 4th May 2011.

    I request the members to clarify ....... shall automatically increase by 25% whenever Dearness Allowance payable on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%.... needs further order from the Government to implement the revised rates and if so is it in the perusal of the Government to issue such orders?

    Fernandez

  2. #2
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    No separate orders are required, as the increase is "automatic" and not dependant on a separate "manual" order to be issued.

    Victor

  3. #3
    Member PRD Fernandez is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Udaipur (Rajasthan)
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    No separate orders are required, as the increase is "automatic" and not dependant on a separate "manual" order to be issued.

    Victor
    Sir Thank you for the reply.

    The OM No. 1201 1/01/2011-Estt. (Allowance) dated 4th May 2011 regarding 25% raise in CEA , moreover Railways separate Order related to Allowances are taken by the administration as a precursor that separate order would be issued. Any other way to solve this issue?

    Fernandez

  4. #4
    Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Payyanur, Kerala
    Posts
    303

    Default Increase in DA

    Quote Originally Posted by PRD Fernandez View Post
    Sir Thank you for the reply.

    The OM No. 1201 1/01/2011-Estt. (Allowance) dated 4th May 2011 regarding 25% raise in CEA , moreover Railways separate Order related to Allowances are taken by the administration as a precursor that separate order would be issued. Any other way to solve this issue?

    Fernandez
    Dear Victorji
    There is ambiguity in this issue. Some of the offices of our department have drawn increased allowances. But the central admin has questioned this stating that based on which order these increased allowances were drawn.

    The situation is - while some of the offices are drawing increased allowances, some including HO are still drawing at old rates stating separate orders have to come from CG.

    Who is correct?

    Prasanna Kumar

  5. #5
    Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    KERALA
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Separate order is not necessary. Please note that the government had issued clarifications in respect of annual ceiling of CEA when the DA has crossed 50%. This itself shows that no separate order is necessary.

    sasi

  6. #6
    Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    Depts to issue separate orders. Railways have already done it

  7. #7
    Junior Member madhuelakkat is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    16

    Default The TA/DA rates

    Quote Originally Posted by PRD Fernandez View Post
    Dear Sirs,
    The annexure of OM F.No.19030/3/2008-E.IV dated 23rd Sep 2008 concludes with the explanatory note that........The TA/DA rates mentioned in para 2 D(b) and (c) (mileage for road journey by/taxi/own car/auto rickshaw/ own scooter/bicycle etc.), para (3) (all components of dally allowance on tour including rate of DA for journey on foot) and para 4(c) (rates of transportation of personal effects) of this Annexure, shall automatically increase by 25% whenever Dearness Allowance payable on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%. However in office administration TA/DA bills submitted after 1st January 2011 are settled in accordance with prevailing rates with out increasing 25% and stating the reason that NO SEPARATE order is issued in this regard like OM No. 1201 1/01/2011-Estt. (Allowance) dated 4th May 2011.

    I request the members to clarify ....... shall automatically increase by 25% whenever Dearness Allowance payable on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%.... needs further order from the Government to implement the revised rates and if so is it in the perusal of the Government to issue such orders?

    Fernandez
    Literally No. But even the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension Department of Personnel & Training as per their O.M dated 04.05.2011 issued clarification on revision of rates in r/o CEA, Spl. Allowance for Child care & making confusion to us as to whether similar orders are required in r/o other subjects also irrespective of the fact whether the original order contains the word "Automatically" .

  8. #8
    Junior Member madhuelakkat is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    16

    Default

    The clarification is limited to CEA and other two allowances. This made all confusing in thinking that similar clarification is required in respect of all such allowances / advances either from the DoP&T or individual departments as has been done by the Railway Board. The clarification by the DoP&T now issued could have been general to all allowances /advances. Clarification for quarterly limit in CEA only is warranted.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. 25% increase in allowances when da 50%
    By BANSAL in forum Allowances
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25-04-2011, 07:54 PM
  2. Help me finding old order
    By ajitmeitei27 in forum Other Service Matters
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 12:22 AM
  3. da order issued
    By nsdev007 in forum Allowances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-03-2010, 03:43 PM
  4. increase in travel cost by AI
    By haringp in forum Allowances
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 02:05 PM
  5. 20% increase in salary to DRDO/ISRO/DAE
    By jarunan in forum Pay Fixation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-03-2009, 09:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts