+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An LTC Quary related to shortest route

Junior Member sau.as12 is on a distinguished road

Default An LTC Quary related to shortest route

Dear Friends

If somebody wants to avail LTC ( all india) for Ooty, Tamil from Delhi. He has three options to reach.
    1. Delhi to Coimbatore by train (2600KM), Coimbatore to Ooty 100 KM.
    2. Delhi to Bangalore (2300 KM), Bangalore to Ooty via Mysore 275 KM.
    3. Delhi to Chennai (2176 KM), Chennai to Ooty via Coimbatore 550 KM.

Which of the three would be considered as shortest route in respect to LTC claim. Suppose I choose option 2 and travel by rajdhani exp from Delhi to Bangalore and further by bus, can I claim full reimbursement or I will get IInd AC fare b/w Delhi & Coimbatore as Coimbatore is closest rail station to destination.

Actually I have already faced similar problem earlier and now I need some clarity on the issue.
    Regards

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sau.as12 View Post
    Dear Friends

If somebody wants to avail LTC ( all india) for Ooty, Tamil from Delhi. He has three options to reach.
    1. Delhi to Coimbatore by train (2600KM), Coimbatore to Ooty 100 KM.
    2. Delhi to Bangalore (2300 KM), Bangalore to Ooty via Mysore 275 KM.
    3. Delhi to Chennai (2176 KM), Chennai to Ooty via Coimbatore 550 KM.

Which of the three would be considered as shortest route in respect to LTC claim. Suppose I choose option 2 and travel by rajdhani exp from Delhi to Bangalore and further by bus, can I claim full reimbursement or I will get IInd AC fare b/w Delhi & Coimbatore as Coimbatore is closest rail station to destination.

Actually I have already faced similar problem earlier and now I need some clarity on the issue.
    Regards
    As per Rule 13 of CCS(LTC) Rules, reimbursement is allowed for "shortest direct route". In this case it will be option 2.

Victor

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Another important point

Hi,
    I am afraid if this will copound your irritation, but you need to consider following point also:

Situations-
    1. Mode of travel from Banglore to Ooty would be bus.
    2. Delhi is connected to Ooty by rail route. Direct shoertest route, as you have correctly pointed out, is Delhi-Coimbatore-Ooty.

Now, one may chose to travel by train and one may not be forced to travel by road between places connected by train. Similarly, one may chose to travel by road (remember state/PSU bus) between places connected by train subject to the limitation of claim by the entitled class of train fare (if travelled in equivalent class by road, such as AC Deluxe, AC etc) by the shortest direct route.

Going by these premises, one may travel one side by train (Delhi-Coimb-Ooty) and one side by a combination of train and bus (Ooty-Bangalore-Delhi) and will be reimbursed full fare for Delhi-Coimb-Ooty (obviously) and for Ooty-Bangalore-Delhi subject to the limitation by the train fare for Delhi-Coimb-Ooty.

LTC Rules can be quite serpentine even for a class I officer but it is always advisable that they acquaint themselves of at least the basics of it for they may play the role of controlling officer some day. I feel sympathetically for you if I have confused you further but could not resist from clarifying the matter by elbowing in for the larger benefit of fellow visitors to the forum.

Alok Sinha.
    Last edited by sinha_audit; 29-07-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Option 2 is the right and is acceptable as a shortest route

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by RKPATHAK View Post
    Option 2 is the right and is acceptable as a shortest route
    I beg to maintain my point that both options 1 and 2 are acceptable and reimbursable (option 2 subject to the condition I have already mentioned in my earlier post). Travel by road in LTC just can not be delinked from the prevalent fare by the comparable (and entitled) class of train between points connected by rail.

Regards

Alok Sinha.

Junior Member sau.as12 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for replying..

+ Reply to Thread