+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem in LTC claim

Junior Member sau.as12 is on a distinguished road

Default Problem in LTC claim

Dear Sir

I am a group A Central Govt officer posted in Kolkata. I took LTC for mussoorie. I travelled upto Delhi by Rajdhani Exp. from there I went to Dehradun by Janshatabdi (AC chair car) and then by Bus upto mussoorie. While coming back I went to Haridwar by bus and then extended my trip to Chandigarh and returned back. My office is telling as there was direct train available upto dehradun, I can not claim reimbursement for rajdhani exp. they are only giving me to and fro II AC fair up to dehradun. Also whether I can claim haridwar to chandigarh journey in my claim.
    Please clarify on the issue if possible
    Last edited by sau.as12; 28-07-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Kindly note:
    1. LTC reimbursement will be made only for the direct shortest route in relation to the mode of actual travel. When Kolkata - Dehradoon (Nearest Railhead) direct train is available and if you have actually travelled by II Ac from Kol-Del; then you will be reimbursed II Ac fare for direct route (Kol-Dehra).
    2. Reimbursement should not be more than actual expenditure incurred.
    3. If you had travelled by a bus not run by any State Govt/Govt PSU/Local Authority etc (Dehra-Mussoorie), then NIL reimbursement will be made for that portion of travel.

In the instant case, you will get one side II Ac direct fare up to Dehra, second side II Ac fare will be reimbursed if you had actually travelled by II Ac subject to the condition at point no.2 above.

Hope this helped.
    Last edited by sinha_audit; 28-07-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Junior Member sau.as12 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply.

But what will be the case if direct route is not shortest. As Kolkata to deharadun distance is same as kolkatta - delhi- dehradun and rajdhani exp is available on kol- del route hence i opted for indirect route.

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sau.as12 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

But what will be the case if direct route is not shortest. As Kolkata to deharadun distance is same as kolkatta - delhi- dehradun and rajdhani exp is available on kol- del route hence i opted for indirect route.
    In the instant case, since "direct route" is also the cheapest one, reimbursement should be limited to the fare of the direct train. You had broken/routed the journey at/through Delhi and travelled by two different rains up to Dehra, causing actual expenditure to be more than the "direct fare". Since "direct fare" has the benefit of "economy of scale", so to speak (I think Railway calls it "satellite fare" but not sure), hence the limitation of claim.

Please bear the fact that travelling by Rajdhani was your choice and it may not be accommodated in presence of direct and cheapest means of travel of the same mode and class.

Alok Sinha.

+ Reply to Thread