+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Junior domintes Seniors

Member deep72 is on a distinguished road

Default Junior domintes Seniors

Resp. Members,

i have learned a lot from this forum. Kindly reply to my below mentioned query :

In our department there are two posts Training Officer (Supervisory) and Training Officer (Teaching). Both posts have a Common Seniority List.

I am working as Training Officer (Teaching) appointed directly in 1996 and Mr. XYZ is working as Training Officer (Supervisory) promoted to that post in 2001. As per seniority i am as Sr. No. 2 well above Mr. XYZ who is at 21.

But as per his nature of work following he has been given duties where in :
    1. My official correspondence is routed through him to Head of Dept.
    2. Any kind of leave availed by me has to be sanction by him.
    3. All my training records are verified and signed by him.
    4. My daily attendance is supervised and crossed (in case of absent) by him.
    5. He is overall in-charge for all the activities being carried out in department.

I dont have any personal differences with him...But i find it embarrassing sometime...Senior members please help in following..
    1. Can a person lower in seniority list dominate you.
    2. Because it is a decision of Head of Department or DDO...can't i object such a decision..?
    3. What can i do if i want disobey this.
    4. Any circulars/OM regarding this...?

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Default Seniority

Sir,
    I am not aware of the style of functioning in your department. Supervisory and technical cadres are viewed separately and normally, supervisory cadre try to dominate technical cadre in almost all departments and in many cases, the TA bills and other remunerations of technical staff are either delayed or tried to deny.

Generally, a senior will be kept in overall charge. However, it is the discretion of the controlling authority to give work allocation. you may represent to your controlling officer/appropriate forum with all facts and convince him/her.

There is every chance of construing Disobeying the orders as dereliction of duties.

Regards
    Prasanna Kumar
    Last edited by prasannakumar; 26-07-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Thank You Prasanna Kumar Sir,

Sir, our department is of the view that Technical Officer (Teaching) post was filled by mistake and earlier the seniority lists were different. But because of sole purpose of promoting their candidate to the next higher post the Seniority Lists of both teaching and supervisory were clubbed together. Their purpose was served, but it has left us under the situation as explained above.
    With regards to the line "However, it is the discretion of the controlling authority to give work allocation."...does it mean the controlling authority can force Seniors to work under Juniors....there is no such rule to avoid this..

Sir..reply pls..

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by deep72 View Post

Sir, our department is of the view that Technical Officer (Teaching) post was filled by mistake and earlier the seniority lists were different. But because of sole purpose of promoting their candidate to the next higher post the Seniority Lists of both teaching and supervisory were clubbed together. Their purpose was served, but it has left us under the situation as explained above.
    With regards to the line "However, it is the discretion of the controlling authority to give work allocation."...does it mean the controlling authority can force Seniors to work under Juniors....there is no such rule to avoid this..

Sir..reply pls..
    A situation where a senior is asked to report to a junior is anomolous. You have every right to represent to higher authorities.

Victor

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

You may represent against this

Thank you all for your replies...

Sir,

I had already represented, based on which instead Technical Officer (Supervisory) the Head of Department started submitting
    my Confidential Report. But with regards to other powers i was replied that because of work nature I had to work under him.
    How can i object this...Sir, any documentary evidence of Circulars/OM's/Swamy's Handbook Reference will be of great help to me..Kindly reply....

Default Seniority

Sir..reply pls..
    Dear Mr. deep
    I think the seniority/gradation list itself is anomalous. As per my opinion, Technical and non technical should not be clubbed. A Junior controlling a senior is also anomalous. This sort of junior controlling seniors has occurred in many offices in my department also. In most of the cases, this has been settled by representation.

You my represent with perseverance.

Regards
    Prasanna Kumar

Thank you all for your replies...

Sir,

I had already represented, based on which instead Technical Officer (Supervisory) the Head of Department started submitting
    my Confidential Report. But with regards to other powers i was replied that because of work nature I had to work under him.
    How can i object this...Sir, any documentary evidence of Circulars/OM's/Swamy's Handbook Reference will be of great help to me..Kindly reply....
    Dear Mr. Deep
    This was the thing I was referring in my earlier post i.e. work allocation/discretion of the controlling officer etc. Anyway you have succeeded in getting your CR written by HOD.

I have not seen any documentary evidences in this regard, but normally seniors will be given charge of the overall functioning. You may convince your HOD in this aspect and I believe you can tide over this.

Regards
    Prasanna Kumar

Dear Prasanna Kumar,

Thank 4 ur reply...

Regards
    Deep

Default Any Circulars/OM's/Swamy's Handbook Reference Pls..

Senior Members,

Kindly reply pls... Any Circulars/OM's/Swamy's Handbook Reference to accompany my representation...

Regards,
    Deeps

+ Reply to Thread