Good mornning to sr. members

Please clarify

My grade pay is Rs. 4600 and want to travel Bhopal to havloc

1. Should i travel bhopal to Calcutta or Bhopal to Chennai
    I want to travel this jouney by air through LTC 80. it is reimbursable
    2. Chennai or kolcutta to Portblair by Air
    Is it reimbursable
    3. Portblair to Havloc by (ship)

kindly give me answer as early as possible because this year i want to go.

geeta

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

First you are not eligible to travel by air for the journey between porblair to kolkata/chennai(.) your claim shall be restricted to train fare(.) ship fare from portblair to havloc is admissible(.) better to travel between bhopal to chennai by rajdhan express and from chennai to portblair by air in that case your claim be restricted to ship fare

Junior Member SSTGGN is on a distinguished road

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by geeta View Post
    Good mornning to sr. members

Please clarify

My grade pay is Rs. 4600 and want to travel Bhopal to havloc

1. Should i travel bhopal to Calcutta or Bhopal to Chennai
    I want to travel this jouney by air through LTC 80. it is reimbursable
    2. Chennai or kolcutta to Portblair by Air
    Is it reimbursable
    3. Portblair to Havloc by (ship)

kindly give me answer as early as possible because this year i want to go.

geeta
    If you travel by Air from Bhopal to Port Blair, your ticket will be restricted to 2A Rail Fare of Rajdhani (Rs2135 for Bhopal to Chennai Adult as well as children) + Ship Fare ( 6K+ Chennai to Port Blair). Check if you can get any air ticket near to that amount on any private airlines.From Delhi to P/B it starts from 16K for return journey which is cheaper than Rail+Ship. Check for Bhopal.
    Last edited by SSTGGN; 08-07-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Exclamation LTC Journey by Pvt Airlines by non-entitled officers ( GP below 5400)

Dear SSTGGN,
    I feel that recently GoI has restricted LTC journeys by Indian (Air India) for both entitled and non-entiled Govt servants. If this is the case, then LTC journey by Pvt airlines will not be restricted to entitled fare (Train/ship) and NO reimbursement will be made.

Kindly confirm if I am right. Any other member may please update. Thanks.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_audit View Post
    Dear SSTGGN,
    I feel that recently GoI has restricted LTC journeys by Indian (Air India) for both entitled and non-entiled Govt servants. If this is the case, then LTC journey by Pvt airlines will not be restricted to entitled fare (Train/ship) and NO reimbursement will be made.

Kindly confirm if I am right. Any other member may please update. Thanks.
    Non-entitled officers are allowed to travel by private airlines. However, the reimbursement will be restricted to the fare of the entitled class.

Victor

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Non-entitled officers are allowed to travel by private airlines. However, the reimbursement will be restricted to the fare of the entitled class.

Victor
    Dear Victor,

Found out that the provisions contained in the DoPT OM No. 31011/2/2006-Estt.(A) dated 03-Dec-2007 for reimbursement of Pvt Airfare to non-entitled officers by restricting it to the fare of entitled class on that route stand over-ruled under DoPT OM No. 19024/1/2009-E.IV dated 16-Sep-2010; with the exception of LTC to J&K under certain conditions.

Kindly enlighten me with the changed position, if any. Thanks.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_audit View Post
    Dear Victor,

Found out that the provisions contained in the DoPT OM No. 31011/2/2006-Estt.(A) dated 03-Dec-2007 for reimbursement of Pvt Airfare to non-entitled officers by restricting it to the fare of entitled class on that route stand over-ruled under DoPT OM No. 19024/1/2009-E.IV dated 16-Sep-2010; with the exception of LTC to J&K under certain conditions.

Kindly enlighten me with the changed position, if any. Thanks.
    The OM dated 16.9.2010 has been issued by MOF and not by DOPT (http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/de...16sept2010.pdf).

Hence, it cannot be implied that DOPT's OM dated 3.12.2007 stands superseded by MOF's OM dated 16.9.2010.

Further, the intention and spirit behind issue of OM dated 16.9.2010 by MOF is to regulate the cases of those officers who are entitled to travel by air (although I have no supporting evidence for this).

Victor

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The OM dated 16.9.2010 has been issued by MOF and not by DOPT (http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/de...16sept2010.pdf).

Hence, it cannot be implied that DOPT's OM dated 3.12.2007 stands superseded by MOF's OM dated 16.9.2010.

Further, the intention and spirit behind issue of OM dated 16.9.2010 by MOF is to regulate the cases of those officers who are entitled to travel by air (although I have no supporting evidence for this).

Victor
    Dear Victor,
    Very humbly I am putting that most of the DDOs have started following the OM dated 16-Sep-2010; as MoF is afterall responsible for expenditure-related matters and to construe that OM issued by MoF has not superseded that of DoPT dated 3-Dec-07 may be misleading. But this is my personal opinion and I would be happy if this is not the case as I am not an entitled officer myself (1 year hence in MACP).
    Last edited by sinha_audit; 15-07-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Junior Member smukherjee46 is on a distinguished road

Kindly guide me what to do. I visited Wallong, arunachal Pradesh from Kolkata taking LTC. There is no bus link from Tinsukia to Wallong ( the only route).So I hired one taxi in very moderate rate. I submitted one certificate issued by addl. superintendent, APSTC. Still office is not granting the fare.

I reckon the certificate submitted by you is related to the fact that the destination was connected through road only and that no local authority/ Govt/ Govt corporation run bus service was available.

To be able to get reimbursement of taxi fare on LTC, one should be careful to hire service of only those taxi operators who are recognised by the State Govt for this purpose and provide you with cash-memos stamped with "LTC approved". Since the discretion of controlling authority plays a part (except for some obvious routes like Bagdogra to Gangtok) even when obtaining services of such recognised operators, it may be helpful to pre-intimate the controlling authority about the intended mode of travel and non-availability of vehicles run by state/local body on that particular route. Requisite certificates may be tendered later.

The charges paid to the taxi operator in comparision to some other is inconsequential.

+ Reply to Thread