+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I claim taxi fare in LTC bill?

Junior Member sachinghude is on a distinguished road

Default Can I claim taxi fare in LTC bill?

Recently, I have taken ‘any where in India’ LTC concession to visit Delhi. I am entitled for Air travel under LTC scheme. I hired taxi to reach the Pune airport from my residence in Pune (headquarter) and paid Rs 250 for 16 km Distance. Similarly, I paid taxi fare of Rs 450 (for 25km) from Delhi Airport to my relatives home in Delhi. Can I claim taxi charges while submitting LTC bill to the office?

Thanks

Sachin

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Default Taxi fare

Sir,
    As far as my knowledge goes, taxi fare is not reimbursable for LTC. But for other official tours, it is allowed.

Prasanna Kumar

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sachinghude View Post
    Recently, I have taken ‘any where in India’ LTC concession to visit Delhi. I am entitled for Air travel under LTC scheme. I hired taxi to reach the Pune airport from my residence in Pune (headquarter) and paid Rs 250 for 16 km Distance. Similarly, I paid taxi fare of Rs 450 (for 25km) from Delhi Airport to my relatives home in Delhi. Can I claim taxi charges while submitting LTC bill to the office?

Thanks

Sachin
    Kindly refer to Rule 13 of CCS(LTC) Rules, 1988 reproduced below:

13. Reimbursement.-

Reimbursement under the leave travel concession scheme shall not cover incidental expenses and expenditure incurred on local journeys. Reimbursement for expenses of journey shall be allowed only on the basis of a point to point journey on a through ticket over the shortest direct route.

The expenditure incurred on local travel from/to airport is, therefore, not reimburseable.

Victor

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Kindly refer to Rule 13 of CCS(LTC) Rules, 1988 reproduced below:

13. Reimbursement.-

Reimbursement under the leave travel concession scheme shall not cover incidental expenses and expenditure incurred on local journeys. Reimbursement for expenses of journey shall be allowed only on the basis of a point to point journey on a through ticket over the shortest direct route.

The expenditure incurred on local travel from/to airport is, therefore, not reimburseable.

Victor
    Mr. Victor
    That was a correct and crisp answer quoting the rules

Prasanna Kumar

Senior Member Ramnath is on a distinguished road

Default LTC reimbursement is for travel from one station to another (Not for travel within)

Reimbursement does not cover incidental charges. LTC is only for travel from one station to another and not for travel within a particular station (for Example in Delhi say - N.Delhi Rly Station to Old Rly Station or Airport, etc. These journeys are not eligible for reimbursement).
    Ramnath

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

During LTC incidentals are not reimburseable

Junior Member sujitsood is on a distinguished road

LTC does not include fare of car rental for airport or railway station. LTC reimbursement fare only for out station travel.

Junior Member drsr123 is on a distinguished road

Default Permissibility of Taxi to Airport

Rule Says:
    Where a Govt. Employee traveling by road takes a seat or seats in a bus, van or other vehicle operated by Tourism Development Corporations in the Public Sector, State Transport Corporations and Transport services run by other Government or local bodies, reimbursement shall be either the actual hire charges or entitled class by rail by the shortest direct route, whichever is less. Reimbursement shall not be admissible for journey by a private car (owned, borrowed or hired), or a bus, van or other vehicle owned by private operators.

+ Reply to Thread