+ Reply to Thread

Thread: revised pension and arrears

Member subba Rao R S is on a distinguished road

Question revised pension and arrears

pre 1-1-2006 pensioners who were receiving their pension, from defence service estimates through Banks have not been paid the revised pension and arrears till date, even though the Govt order says all pensioners are to be paid before 30 SEP 2008 except Armed forces whose pay revision is under consideration. can this be clarified

Junior Member amitava is on a distinguished road

The banks are supposed to pay the revised pension. They are yet to gear up to the task. Also, I don't recall that the govt had said that this would be done by Sep '08.

Senior Member sudacgwb

Red face Arrears to Pensioners - One Installment?

The OM dated 14/10/2008 has answered your query fully. In fact I found the banks has paid the installment (may not be correct amount) to most of the pensioners.

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Default Arrears to Pensioners

We can also seek the assistance of Helpline of the concerned Local Head Office of the concerned Bank, who may be in a better position to give feedback in this regard.

Senior Member sudacgwb

Talking Payment of Arrears to Pensioners

After depositing the normal pre-revised pension for Sept 2008, the banks have deposited the arrears in the past one week. This cannot be known unless the pensioners visit the bank again.

Default Arrears to Pensioners

Kindly visit http://pensionersportal.gov.in/sixth...W141008%20.pdf for latest O.M. dated 14.10.2008 on the issue of Arrears, etc. to pensioners. Rgds.

Senior Member sudacgwb

Thumbs up

It is advisable for pensioners depending upon their date of retirement, to refer to the OMs issued from time to time (Sept 1, oct, 3, and oct 14th) and check for themselves the arrears as also the mode of computation of fixation, arrears and the responsibility of banks towards the pensioners.

The link for all OMs is http://finmin.nic.in/6cpc/index.html

Arrow Revised pension and arrears

Thanks for the enlightenment of the relevant orders. I have seen all the GOs includinding The 14th OCT order. Till date I have not received the revised pension and arrears. May be bank has the difficulty in processing. I will have to wait.

R S Subba rao
    Last edited by subba Rao R S; 28-10-2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: mistake in Spelling and sentence formation

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

Attn Mr Subba Rao

If u r from Defence/ or even Defence related civilian orgns./ deptts/ services- I think there is some delay- may be u can get the info. from ur last HOD/ DDO authority from where u retd.

(My IOFS friends had also not receiveed pensions from even banks like SBI (first bank to give revised pension in Sept last itself) till late Oct.)

vnatarajan.

Default 1st instalment of Pension arrears

Dear Sir,

The SBI in other States, have not disbursed the arrears, eventhough they have credited the revised pension for the month of Sep.2008 on 29.9.2008, and October 2008 on 27.10.2008. The concerned Branch has no answer from their Local Head Office for non-disbursement of arrears. Since there is one more ultimatum ie. 30.11.2008, there is no other way but to expect that the arrears(1st instalment) may be disbursed alongwith pension
    for the month of November 2008. Since Banks had already been authorised to pay the arrears, the Pay & Accounts Officer of the concerned office, also cannot intervene in the matter.

Best regards.

Senior Member sudacgwb

Der All:

I suggest all the pensioners whose revision has not taken place and the arrears is yet to be paid to :

i) send the revised pension figures based on the the OM dt:13/10/2008, the latest in the series to the authority that has sanctioned the pension (as per PPO)

ii) communicate the date of birth, particularly in case of family pensioners

iii) endorsing copy to their bank quoting pension account number

It is surprising the banks in certain states/places have not yet revised/paid the arrears till date.

In Bangalore, where I stay, it was done long time back but the arrears/revised pension figures are wrong. They are working on it to revise it to correct figure

ss

All have not received the pension and arrears as assumed and stated. my friends in SBM have not received. SBI have not disbursed revised pension and arrears to all pensioners. As I understand it may take time till the end of December.

R S Subba Rao

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

hi All (for info)

In Chennai, many banks viz SBI (first in the line- 27th Sept itself), IOB,BOM,Canara Bank etc thru their branches in various locations, have paid the arrears of 40% (and revised pension of Sept 2008 only by SBI) by the first half of Oct 2008. Revised pension will effectively be paid from end of Oct 2008 onwards.

Again it was as per the 3rd Oct 2008 OM strictly as per the Pension Table annexede to it, which was nothing but "old Basic Pension as on 1.1. 1996 multiplied by 2.26" in most cases say upto S-30 scales to arrive at the revised Basic Pension as on 1.1.2008; and to this was added the varying components of DR for six monthly periods from 1.1.2006, last one being 4% (cumulative total of DR rate being 16%), to arrive at the total.

Till now none of my known contacts at Chennai etc have got the so called "final" Revised Pension as per the 14th Oct 2008 OM- and that will be the final destination for most pensioners/ family pensioners. SBI is at it. May be other banks also.After receiving this pqart of the Revised Pension, individuals will know whether their pension fixations are correct or anomalous and then decide on the further course of action!

Defence pensioners perhaps are yet to receive any of the instalments so far- may be because of the dialogue that is still going on(?)!

vnatarajan
    Last edited by vnatarajan; 02-11-2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: typographic

Senior Member Kanaujiaml is on a distinguished road

My dear subbarao R S . For defence civilians and even for Army, Navy and AF pensioners, Notifications have been issued on 12 11 08 and 11 11 08 repectively. If you want to see these pl. let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaujiaml View Post
    My dear subbarao R S . For defence civilians and even for Army, Navy and AF pensioners, Notifications have been issued on 12 11 08 and 11 11 08 repectively. If you want to see these pl. let me know.
    Thanks.

I have received the arrears of pension(40%) on 23rd Nov 2008. I have seen the govt order dated 12/11 Nov 2008. This arrears came after persuing the case with SBI. SBI had lot to dispose off. They have cleared case as per govt order dated 14th OCT 2008 also in respect of few of co-pensioners.

R S Subba Rao

+ Reply to Thread