+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the benefit of counting- past service

Junior Member omkanna is on a distinguished road

Post What is the benefit of counting- past service

DEAR SENIOR/FRIENDS:

I joined Defence Research and Development Organization DRDO, Ministry of Defence as Scientist B Group A Direct Recruitment post on 09.04.2009, after getting relieved from my earlier central government employer, i.e. Central Training Institute for Instructors Chennai, Which is a Central Government service under Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGE&T), Ministry of Labour and Employment. Date of Joining in my earlier Govt service is 04.05.2001.
    It is also brought out that I had applied for this post through proper channel & got NOC for attending Interview and joined Vehicle Research & Development Establishment (VRDE), DRDO after giving Technical Formalities / Technical resignation . I was contributing to GPF fund under ccs (pension)rule,1972 in my earlier employer.

In view of the above, you are requested to clarify that I will be governed by old pension scheme under ccs(pension)rule,1972 or new pension scheme applicable from 01.01.2004 . pl give any DOPT order related this. if yes pl send [email protected]

My current employer i.e DRDO issued a letter stating that DRDO will count my past service but will be governed by new pension scheme

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by omkanna View Post
    DEAR SENIOR/FRIENDS:

I joined Defence Research and Development Organization DRDO, Ministry of Defence as Scientist B Group A Direct Recruitment post on 09.04.2009, after getting relieved from my earlier central government employer, i.e. Central Training Institute for Instructors Chennai, Which is a Central Government service under Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGE&T), Ministry of Labour and Employment. Date of Joining in my earlier Govt service is 04.05.2001.
    It is also brought out that I had applied for this post through proper channel & got NOC for attending Interview and joined Vehicle Research & Development Establishment (VRDE), DRDO after giving Technical Formalities / Technical resignation . I was contributing to GPF fund under ccs (pension)rule,1972 in my earlier employer.

In view of the above, you are requested to clarify that I will be governed by old pension scheme under ccs(pension)rule,1972 or new pension scheme applicable from 01.01.2004 . pl give any DOPT order related this. if yes pl send [email protected]

My current employer i.e DRDO issued a letter stating that DRDO will count my past service but will be governed by new pension scheme
    Yes you will be governed by CCS(Pension) Rule, 1972. Kindly refer to FAQ#9 available at (http://pensionersportal.gov.in/FAQs-NPS-f.asp) in this regard.

Victor

Junior Member omkanna is on a distinguished road

thank you shri victor,

i already given no of application /letter to my department along with " pension portal FAQ 9 and copy of Ministry of personnel, public grievances and pension, Department of pension and Pensioner’s welfare OM : No.28/30/2004-P&PW(B) Dt 26/07/2005" stating taht according to above ref i should be governed by old pension scheme. but reply from my current employer : you will be governed by NPS. pl suggest next action to get old pension.
    Last edited by omkanna; 30-06-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: grammer mistake

Junior Member rkdarla is on a distinguished road

Pl refer to http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...28.30.2004.htm. As per Para 2(i), your service will be counted under the CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972.

+ Reply to Thread