+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Revised Pension:When?

Hybrid View

Junior Member harryrakhraj is on a distinguished road

Default Revised Pension:When?

Govt: Implementation 6CPC & Arrears before Diwali. We pensioners from BRO have'nt received anything yet.

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

harryrakhraj pl.

Under which Ministry pl.? If u r not from Defence etc, u may see similar threads on revised pension- arrears etc by others for the current status (if u havent recd anything by now!)

vnatarajan

Default Revised Pension"when?

BRO comes under Min of Surface Transport.
    Thank you, vnatarajan.

hi
    D/Mr harry
    I think by now u might have seen the other threads including one on " Clarifications ..... etc" wherein the Editorial contents of the Jounal titled Pensioners' Advocate (oct 2008) is posted which describes the chaos in some parts of the country with regard to the payment of revised pension/ arrears etc!
    vnatarajan

Member RSundaram is on a distinguished road

Default My own Experience With Bank Of India

My dear Mr Natarajan
    I got my arrears posted today after considerable pestering of- I hated to do this- very friendly and sympathetic staff and manager of my branch from Bank Of India, according to Para 4.1 (= Px2.26) . It appears that when our PPOs were recorded in the Chennai Link Branch originally me and a few other civilians ( who are receiving pension from this branch) paid from Defence Service Estimates have been wrongly coded as Commissioned Officers. Orders in respect of Commissioned officers are still awaited according to them.

I put across to them, no matter what the code might be, for giving 2.26 times, only the individual's recorded pension as on 1.1.2006 matters. Finally they spoke to Link Branch and got permission to calculate and credit arrears locally in my case. I am extremely thankful to them . I did the calculations and the kind lady officer completed it and credited it. This is just to share my experience.

I do not know how long it will take to get the final new revised pension. Even DPDO (Defence Pension Disbursing Officer) at Chennai has not got instructions from Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (PCDA) Allahabad till today. To a fax message sent by one of the senior pensioners PCDA responded by saying it was under issue.

I think there may be quite a few pensioners ( more particularly family pensioners) who are not aware of the orders and who may be denied their dues owing to inadvertant mistakes of bank staff now or in the past. I personally think it is wrong on the part of the govt accounting offices to pass the buck completely to the banks. The purpose of giving the 2.26 times is lost since many banks have not done that even after 60 days of the OM. Some of them do not understand the jargon of central government. For instance the staff of my bank thought all that was to be done was to use the table published by Swami. I explained to them how this is only part of the task and gave them a copy of the OM dated 14/10/2008 for fixing the pension finally.

. Deadlines reflecting wishful thinking without a reality check like within a week or within a month from the date of this order can never be fulfilled. Within these two months computerised Corrected PPOs could have been prepared by Civil/railway/Defence Accounts offices and reached to all banks with copies to the pensioners.

Perhaps this two step approach was well intentioned and hopefully would have been useful at least in the case of pensioners in Delhi.
    Love

Dear Mr Sundaram

What a pity? If knowledgeable persone like you have to struggle so much and get your pension/ arrears - that too I can say only because of a very very cooperative bank management, one can not imagine the plight and agony of other much aged pensioners/ family pensioners.

I think this time - the DoP/PW and its Ministry as well as MOF are resorting to- knowingly or unknowingly- a variety of direct/ indirect methods to frustrate the pensioners ! WE HAVE TO GO TO HUMAN RIGHTS COMMSSION also to stop this nonsense!

Many pensioners, I am aware, believe in the saying 'IGNORANCE IS BLISS' at their old age! WE ARE ALL WORRIED BECAUSE WE KNOW WE HAVE TO GET SOMETHING! If we are ignorqant of the whole matter, where is the botheration?.

Your last lines are correct. The two step approach is not only to facilitate some but also to delay matters in case of the inevitable eruption of the spate of grievances that has to follow!

vnatarajan

While thanking Mr.RSundaram for sharing his valuable information, I would like to make this request all fellow Pensioners:
    If and when your revised pension is fixed correctly as per the Govt Orders. kindly share the details with the Community so that others can quote this to get their own cases finalised.
    Last edited by harryrakhraj; 01-12-2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: typo errors.

+ Reply to Thread