+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ACP clarification required

Junior Member jayakumarbalaji is on a distinguished road

Default ACP clarification required

Kindly let me know whether the ACP is being given from the date of appointment or after one year from the date of Examination for DR. If the above is being given after one year from the date of Exam, in my case 1986 Staff Selection Exam for LDC's, can any one give the order copy of the above? Kindly respond to this query as early as possible.

Junior Member sashidhar is on a distinguished road

Default ACP-Pay fixation

i am working in handicrafts department. In this department the merger of the pay scales is as follows
    5000-8000 - investigator is feeder cadre to 5500-9000 Handicrafts promotion officer which is feeder cadre to 6500-10500 - asst director. the post of Asst Director in 6500-10500 is upgraded to 7450-11500 and given grade pay of rs. 4600/-. I was in 5500-9000 scale given acp in september 2005 to 6500-10500 scale to the post of asst. director which is now upgraded. My pay has been fixed in PB-2 with rs. 4600/-. But PAO is disallowing grade pay of rs. 4600 and allowing only rs. 4200 grade pay stating that i am eligible for only replacement of pay scale of 6500-10500 thus equating me with my juniors ( two hierarchies ) without taking into consideration my acp received prior to 1.1.2006.

I request a senior member to kindly clarify the position.

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Dear Sashidhar,

You could have chosen an appropriate thread in this forum for posting your query. You may, however, refer to the post # 2 of the thread titled ‘Grade Pay as on 1-1-2006’ under the Heading ‘Pay fixation’ of this forum for a solution to your problem.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

My dear Shashidhar
    You are not the only person who is suffering from this anomaly. It is true that PAO are not allowing Grade Pay of upgraded scale under ACP scheme since MoF has not cleared the position in this regard. Several department (including mine)has requested for clarification in this regard but no reply received. It is for sure tat all this will be solved once order on modified ACP scheme issued. Till then you have to wait with others. Don't loose heart.
    Jitendra

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Dear Mr. Sashidhar/all,

The issue is very clear and relates only to fixation of initial pay as on 01.01.2006 in the revised pay structure.. There is no anomaly in your case. You had earned ACP in September 2005 and were placed in the scale of pay of Rs.6500-10500. This scale was upgraded to Rs 7450-11500 with a grade pay of Rs. 4600 in the SCPC pay structure. There is no question of either ACP or MACP interfering in the fixation of initial pay in the revised pay structure as on 01.01.2006. Your grade pay as on 01.01.2006 must be fixed at Rs.4600 corresponding to the upgraded pay scale of Rs. 7450-11500 in accordance with Note 2A under Rule 7 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008.

Doubts as posed by your PAO may arise only in cases where the ACP is granted on or after 01.01.2006.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear Shri Venkatam
    What you are talking is an ideal story but atleast 80% departments are not following this theory. This problem exist in all cases where scales have been merged or have ben upgraded. Clarification given by MoF, in this regard, is department specific and not apply to all departments in general. In one of their clarification given to CPWD, MoF clearly mention to grant grade pay of 4200 (in ACP) to pre revised pay scale of 6500-10500, though the scale have been upgraded to 7450/-. There is definitely an anomaly exists and can not be denied. It will be better to pursue one's own department for taking clarification from MoF in this regard.
    Jitendra

+ Reply to Thread