+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Carryforward of leave

  1. #1
    Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    241

    Default Carryforward of leave

    Mr X who was working in a central autonomous body applied for a higher post and got selected in an another central autonomous body. He joined the post by submitting technical resignation. His past services were counted for retirement benefits except leave he has earned in his earlier office. Please clarify whether EL and HPL available at the credit are transferable to his new office.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aneesh View Post
    Mr X who was working in a central autonomous body applied for a higher post and got selected in an another central autonomous body. He joined the post by submitting technical resignation. His past services were counted for retirement benefits except leave he has earned in his earlier office. Please clarify whether EL and HPL available at the credit are transferable to his new office.
    EL/HPL on absorption in a Central Autonomous Body is not transferable. You will be entitled to encashment of EL/HPL as per Rule 39-D of CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972. The encashment will be as per Rule 39(2)(b) of CCS(Rules), 1972.

    Victor

  3. #3
    Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Thank you Mr. Victor for your reply

  4. #4
    Member kamalgupta020 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Shri Victor je
    i want little bit more clarification about EL/HPL encashment
    1. Will Mr. X be eligible for 300 days EL and 200 days HPL encashment if Mr. X is retiring after 25 year of service?
    2. Will Mr. Y be eligible for 300 days and 200 days HPL encashment if Mr.Y is leaving jab after 25 year of service?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kamalgupta020 View Post
    Shri Victor je
    i want little bit more clarification about EL/HPL encashment
    1. Will Mr. X be eligible for 300 days EL and 200 days HPL encashment if Mr. X is retiring after 25 year of service?
    2. Will Mr. Y be eligible for 300 days and 200 days HPL encashment if Mr.Y is leaving jab after 25 year of service?
    On retirement one is eligible for encashment of Earned Leave and Half Pay Leave (max 300 days total). There is no minimum qualifying service required for leave encashment on retirement. So Mr. X will be elgible for 300 days EL encashment. No encashment of HPL will be admissible.

    On resignation from service, one is eligible for 50% encashment of EL at his credit. There is no link with the no. of years of service rendered. No encashment of HPL is admissible in such cases. So Mr. Y will be eligible for 150 days EL encashment.

    Victor

  6. #6
    Member kamalgupta020 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default

    thank you shri victor je for yours kind information

  7. #7
    Junior Member Miny is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    i have similar query that's why continuing in same thread...

    since leave will be encashed as per rule 39(D).. suppose 25 EL are encashed at time of joining new autonomous body. when this person retires from new autonomous body, he will be entitled for encashment of 275 EL (300-25=275) or 300 EL.

    will be thankful for this reply.

    Miny

  8. #8
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miny View Post
    i have similar query that's why continuing in same thread...

    since leave will be encashed as per rule 39(D).. suppose 25 EL are encashed at time of joining new autonomous body. when this person retires from new autonomous body, he will be entitled for encashment of 275 EL (300-25=275) or 300 EL.

    will be thankful for this reply.

    Miny
    The answer is 300 EL+HPL. In fact one can encash 300 days in the previous organisation and another 300 days in the new organisation.

    Victor

  9. #9
    Member krishnan09 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    86

    Default Total encashment will be limited to 300 days in both services

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The answer is 300 EL+HPL. In fact one can encash 300 days in the previous organisation and another 300 days in the new organisation.

    Victor
    Govt. Of India (DOPT) vide OM No. 1201 615i2009-Estt(L) dated 31st January, 2011 conveyed that
    encashment of Earned Leave will be allowed to retired ofiicers. appointed on
    contract basis after retirement even within the firsr two years, subject to the
    condition that the total number of days for which encashment is allowed on
    termination of contract together with the number of days of Earned Leave or
    Full Pay Leave for which encashment had alreadly been allowcd i n previous
    appointments under the Government shall not exceed 3 0 0 days. The O.M.
    No.12016/2/99-Estt.(L) dated 1 2Ih July, 1999, stands modified t o the extent
    mentioned above.

    Please see the link http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...-L31012011.pdf
    Last edited by krishnan09; 21-06-2011 at 08:00 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krishnan09 View Post
    Govt. Of India (DOPT) vide OM No. 1201 615i2009-Estt(L) dated 31st January, 2011 conveyed that
    encashment of Earned Leave will be allowed to retired ofiicers. appointed on
    contract basis after retirement even within the firsr two years, subject to the
    condition that the total number of days for which encashment is allowed on
    termination of contract together with the number of days of Earned Leave or
    Full Pay Leave for which encashment had alreadly been allowcd i n previous
    appointments under the Government shall not exceed 3 0 0 days. The O.M.
    No.12016/2/99-Estt.(L) dated 1 2Ih July, 1999, stands modified t o the extent
    mentioned above.

    Please see the link http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...-L31012011.pdf
    I was referring to permanent absorption (before superannuation) in another autonomous body/organisation where leave is not carried forward. In such cases one can encash 300 days in the previous organisation and another 300 days in the new organisation on superannuation.

    The rule/order which you are referring is contract appointment after retirement. The two cases are entirely different.

    Victor

  11. #11
    Junior Member Miny is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I was referring to permanent absorption (before superannuation) in another autonomous body/organisation where leave is not carried forward. In such cases one can encash 300 days in the previous organisation and another 300 days in the new organisation on superannuation.

    The rule/order which you are referring is contract appointment after retirement. The two cases are entirely different.

    Victor
    Thanks victor.

    recently an OM has been issued http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...011-Estt-L.pdf that says full encashment will be there from prev. office.
    but it has some mention about HPL. i had 46 EL and about 50 HPL to my credit in prev. office. but they applied the rule of resignation and encashed only 23 EL. as per this OM will i get encashment for HPL also.

    further, where can i get order for for this 300 days at superannuation.

    thanks
    miny

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Child Leave - permission to leave HQs
    By Sunita in forum Leave
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 11:12 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 09:54 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 08:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts