+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whether I am eligible for LTC if I visited a place in addition to the declared one

Administrator gconnect has disabled reputation

Question Whether I am eligible for LTC if I visited a place in addition to the declared one

Mr.Anil Kumar asked

I have availed LTC(NER as Home Town) for the current block.
    LTC route as intimated to my office before proceeding :
    Delhi to Gangtok via Bagdogra 31st May 2011 (By Air India) LTC 80 fare
    and Gangtok to Delhi via Bagdogra 8th June 2011(By Air India)LTC 80 fare
    Actual Journey undertaken :
    31st May 2011 :* Delhi to Bagdogra (Air India) : LTC 80 fare
    *Bagdogra to Gangtok( By LTC approved AC Taxi) : Rs.2500/-
    Ist June 2011 : * Gangtok to Nathula Pass (Indo-China Border) by LTC approved
    Taxi Rs.4000/-
    * Nathula Pass to Gangtok by LTC approved Taxi : Rs.4000/-
    8th June 2011 * Gangtok to Bagdogra by LTC approved AC Taxi : Rs.2500/-
    * Bagdogra to New Delhi by Air India (LTC 80 fare)
    Other relevant details are as follows:
    1) I am eligible for Air Travel. I am currently placed in Pay Band 4 with a grade pay of Rs.9000/- pm
    2) My wife accompanied me in the entire trip.
    3) My home town is Jammu (J&K) but I availed LTC NER (as home town)
    4) Nathula Pass forms the India China Border.I visited the Indian side.Though the distance in Kms is very small but is at a height of 14,200 ft . It is very cold and the route is also very difficult.
    My querries are as under :
    Q1) At the time of proceeding for LTC I had sought permission for Delhi to Gangtok via Bagdogra and back. Since the weather was motorable, I went to Nathula Pass(Indian Territory) from Gangtok and back. Can I claim Taxi fare from Gangtok to Nathula Pass and back to Gangtok?
    Q2) If yes, what paper work I need to do to include this leg of my trip in the LTC claim? (Original LTC trip was Delhi Gangtok and back)
    Q3)Also, is there any upper limit I can claim for this leg of LTC (ie Gangtok to Nathula Pass and back)? Can I claim the full Taxi fare or is there a restriction on the maximum Taxi fare claimed?
    Q4) I am in Pay Band 4 with a grade pay of Rs.9000/- pm. Am I eligible for an AC Taxi?
    Q5) Are there any standard LTC Taxi Fare for the sectors : Bagdogra to Gangtok
    Gangtok to Bagdogra
    Gangtok to Nathula Pass
    Nathula Pass to Gangtok
    If yes please let me know the same?
    Q6) Had I informed my office before proceeding that I would be going to Nathula Pass, how would the answers to the above querries change?
    I would appreciate point wise replies to the above querries. Thanks in anticipation.

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Default change of declared place & taxi fare

Hi Anil,
    I could not find standard taxi fare (LTC Approved) but the second part of your question may be addressed, i.e., regarding change in declared place of visit. See the final post in the link below:

http://gconnect.in/forums/showthread...1172#post11172

It would appear that the extended part of your travel (Gangtok to Nathu La and back) may not be reimbursed because it was a voluntary change of destination (now Nathu La would be treated as destination) which was not approved by the competent authority before outward journey commenced.
    Last edited by sinha_audit; 12-06-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Senior Member Ramnath is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by gconnect View Post
    Mr.Anil Kumar asked

I have availed LTC(NER as Home Town) for the current block.
    LTC route as intimated to my office before proceeding :
    Delhi to Gangtok via Bagdogra 31st May 2011 (By Air India) LTC 80 fare
    and Gangtok to Delhi via Bagdogra 8th June 2011(By Air India)LTC 80 fare
    Actual Journey undertaken :
    31st May 2011 :* Delhi to Bagdogra (Air India) : LTC 80 fare
    *Bagdogra to Gangtok( By LTC approved AC Taxi) : Rs.2500/-
    Ist June 2011 : * Gangtok to Nathula Pass (Indo-China Border) by LTC approved
    Taxi Rs.4000/-
    * Nathula Pass to Gangtok by LTC approved Taxi : Rs.4000/-
    8th June 2011 * Gangtok to Bagdogra by LTC approved AC Taxi : Rs.2500/-
    * Bagdogra to New Delhi by Air India (LTC 80 fare)
    Other relevant details are as follows:
    1) I am eligible for Air Travel. I am currently placed in Pay Band 4 with a grade pay of Rs.9000/- pm
    2) My wife accompanied me in the entire trip.
    3) My home town is Jammu (J&K) but I availed LTC NER (as home town)
    4) Nathula Pass forms the India China Border.I visited the Indian side.Though the distance in Kms is very small but is at a height of 14,200 ft . It is very cold and the route is also very difficult.
    My querries are as under :
    Q1) At the time of proceeding for LTC I had sought permission for Delhi to Gangtok via Bagdogra and back. Since the weather was motorable, I went to Nathula Pass(Indian Territory) from Gangtok and back. Can I claim Taxi fare from Gangtok to Nathula Pass and back to Gangtok?
    Q2) If yes, what paper work I need to do to include this leg of my trip in the LTC claim? (Original LTC trip was Delhi Gangtok and back)
    Q3)Also, is there any upper limit I can claim for this leg of LTC (ie Gangtok to Nathula Pass and back)? Can I claim the full Taxi fare or is there a restriction on the maximum Taxi fare claimed?
    Q4) I am in Pay Band 4 with a grade pay of Rs.9000/- pm. Am I eligible for an AC Taxi?
    Q5) Are there any standard LTC Taxi Fare for the sectors : Bagdogra to Gangtok
    Gangtok to Bagdogra
    Gangtok to Nathula Pass
    Nathula Pass to Gangtok
    If yes please let me know the same?
    Q6) Had I informed my office before proceeding that I would be going to Nathula Pass, how would the answers to the above querries change?
    I would appreciate point wise replies to the above querries. Thanks in anticipation.
    Dear sir,
    Regarding change of destination, it should be intimated prior to proceeding on journey. Travel by taxi is permissible between places not connected by rail subject to the condition that it should be run on point to point regular service and authorised by the local body/State Govt./State/Central Tourism Department, etc. If the bus run on that route, it would be limited to bus fare. If not it would be restricted to per km. rate of taxi subject to compliance of the above conditions. Travel entitlement for LTC will be same as that of TA (AC taxi, etc. I mean). LTC rules also specify these points which you may refer to.

Any other views of other boarders welcome. Dear boarders, Sorry that I could not be present on the chat box or in Discussion forum due to personal commitments. I will try to be present very often.
    Ramnath

+ Reply to Thread