+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: CLARIFICATIONS/RELATED ORDERS/SUPPORTING AUTHENTIC REFERENCES etc ON PENSION MATTERS

Junior Member Dr.M.Jauhari is on a distinguished road

Default Details of pay scale etc.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Ramdas View Post
    Dear Sh. Subba Rao,
    It is not correct to say that the pensioners are not interested in getting revised PPO from the CPAO or other administrative authorities. Most of them are not aware of the procedure.I have already got my PPO revised including incorporation the revised pay scale and date of birth of my spouse, which details were not available in the earlier PPO( It is a different matter that in that process my name has been mis-spelt in the revised PPO needing yet another amendment!)
    In case of civil pensioners a request has to be made for amendment to the COA of the Dept/Ministry who in turn will take up with the CPAO for formal revision/amdmt of the PPO.For Rlys this function is done by the respective Rlys.
    The Pensioners should check up whether details of their last pay scale, its revision after tthe 6CPC, date of birth of the pensioner and his/her spouse are avaialable in the PPO. If any of these details are missing, it is better to request for amendment/revision

G.Ramdas
    Dear Shri Ramdas,
    I should be grateful to know the authority to be approached for incorporating details regarding pay scale and date of birth of the spouse.I retired in 1996 and my PPO does not contain these details.In the absence of pay scale,I had a hard time getting my pension revised as per 6th CPC.Dr.M.Jauhari

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Default Amendment to PPO

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.M.Jauhari View Post
    Dear Shri Ramdas,
    I should be grateful to know the authority to be approached for incorporating details regarding pay scale and date of birth of the spouse.I retired in 1996 and my PPO does not contain these details.In the absence of pay scale,I had a hard time getting my pension revised as per 6th CPC.Dr.M.Jauhari
    Respected Dr. MJji,

As per the DOP&PW OM dated 14.10.2008 - "In case any information regarding date of birth, scale of pay or qualifying service etc. is not available with the Bank, the Bank may obtain the requisite information from the concerned Pay and Accounts Officer/CPAO. It will be the responsibility of the concerned PAO/CPAO to provide the information from the available records within two weeks"...

As per the recent experience, it is learnt in some of the Depts. the Pay and Accounts Officers are of the view that unless the Banks seek the required information, they will not be acting suo moto to provide the missing details such as date of birth etc. On hearing from the Bank they will inform the concerned Administration to prepare the proposal for amendment to be issued in r/o PPO for submitting through PAO to CPAO for formal amendment, as I understood from some sources.

However, your goodself may like to furnish the missing details with a request to your parent department for arranging formal issue of amendment to PPO. You may also like to endorse a copy of your request to the concerned PAO/CPAO as per the DOP&PW OM cited above apart from handing over a copy of your request to the concerned Bank Manager for speedy action. You may also like to enclose an attested copy of the documents involved as a proof so that the processing may be very easy for the concerned authorities. Otherwise also,
    they are required to provide from the records available.

It all depends on how best the concerned dealing hands act for early forwarding of proposals to the CPAO ultimately for issue of formal amendment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4