+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CLARIFICATIONS/RELATED ORDERS/SUPPORTING AUTHENTIC REFERENCES etc ON PENSION MATTERS

Senior Member dnaga57

Thumbs up

Congrats -= Limited though Mr VN.
    It is now left to get the 'revised pension corresponding to the prevised scale fitted in Pay Band'. Hope this happens too.
    You do not have the 20 year anamoly. For them, applicability of 20 yrs - full pension will be the next step.
    Let us move on...

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

Dear Mr Naga / All,

What is emerging is as follows.

PB-4 scale pensioners have started receiving the so-called revised pension whereever fixation was needed by the BANKS, ie beyond the 2.26 formala.

A.Pre-2006 Pensioners in the pre-revised scale of 14300- 18300 are getting revised pension at 23050 plus DR as applicable ( commutation amount to be deducted where applicable). They lose the benefit of increments as all increments drawn by them from 14300 onwards till 18300 (& beyond?) have no value as theses increments are bunched together to bring all of them to the minimum level.

B.Pre-2006 Pensioners in the pre-revised scale of 18400-22400 are getting revised pension at 23700 plus DR as applicable (commutation amount to be deducted where applicable).
    (1)They lose the benefit of all increments drawn within their pre-revised scale ie from 18400 to 22400 (& beyond?) (2) They also stand to lose on account of merging of several scales from the top one S-30 (22400-24400) down upto S-24 (14300-18300) in terms of their basic pension being downslided to the level of 14300 (minimum of the pay-band equivalent at 37400) for revised pension purposes, with a slight cosmetic offering of grade pay at 10000 instead of 8700/8900 etc for their immediate lower scale pensioners.

C. I have not yet got the details of S-30 category so far.

D. I am not sure how many of the other scales of pensioners are affected! Awaiting some feed back.

vnatarajan.

Junior Member VGNAMBIAR

Default Copy of service book

Quote Originally Posted by toy2000in View Post
    Providing certified copy of Service Book
    [Government of India decision No.(5) below GFR 81].

4.16 A certified copy of service book may be supplied on payment of a copying fee Rs. 5/- to a Government servant who asks for it on quitting Government service, by retirement, discharge or resignation.
    Dear Sir,

As GFR 2005 under Rule 257(2) the Service Book of a Government servant shall be maintained in duplicate. First copy shall be retained and maintained by the Head of the Office and the second copy should be given to the Government servant for safe custody as below:
    1. To the existing employees - within six months of the date of which these rules become effective i.e.1-7-2005
    2. To the new appointees - within one month of the date of appointment

In view of the above apyment of Rs.5 as per old rules is not applicable

Gopinathan
    e-mail vgnambiar2108@yahoo.com

Dear Pensioners,

A sad poem!

"Dear DR!, Dear DR!
    Wherever you are?"
    "Where to catch?
    In the Despatch?"

vnatarajan

Senior Member Kanaujiaml is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by vnatarajan View Post
    Dear Pensioners,

A sad poem!

"Dear DR!, Dear DR!
    Wherever you are?"
    "Where to catch?
    In the Despatch?"

vnatarajan
    I would add :

Or, is DR with Election Commission,
    waiting for its necessary permission.

Great!

With Commission or for permission,
    Pensioners appear to be in omission!

VN

Junior Member REX88 is on a distinguished road

Default Pensioner's Anamoly

Dear Friends & Senior Friends,
    I came across this piece of information on an RTI Query which might be of some assitance. [source - Pensioner's advocate] If this message had appeared on any earlier posts, kindly ignore.

"1. Please refer to your RTI application dated 05.02.2009 on the above subject.
    2. The Dept of personnel & training which has constituted the National Anomaly Committee has informed that the said committee will examine all kinds of anomalies which are covered under the definition of anomaly as given in their OM No.11/2/2008-JCA dated 12.1.09. If the staff side and the official side agree that a particular issue related to pensions is covered under the definition of anonaly, the same may be taken up for discussion in the national anomaly committee.
    The appellate authority is ......"
    -CPIO & US to GOI.
    GOI, Ministry of Personnel Public grievances & pensions, Dept. of Pension & Pensioners Welfate, No.38/7/09-P&PW(A)

Hope this helps our senior friends - love, Rex88.

Dear Copensioners/ Friends

At last the DR Circular had been issued by DOPPW.

No 42/12/2009-P&PW G dtd 27.03.2009.

DR is at 22% wef 1.1.2009.

vnatarajan

Arrow Ref. Post 47.

My dear REX88. Thanks for the informaltion. Ministry of personnel has already issued Om now saying that Pensioners cases would also be taken up by Ano. Committee. Nevertheless, your effort is appreciable.

Senior Member G.Ramdas is on a distinguished road

Default Revision of Pension on completing the age of 80 years.

The methodology fo enhancement of pension to those attaining 80 years, was a disputed issue wherever there was deficiency of proper documentation to confirm the age of the pensioner.
    Clarifications have now been issued by Department of Pensions on the subject on 21.05.09, for the guidance of the pensioners, concerned PAO and the disbursing bank to resolve the issue.
    These are available in the following link:

http://persmin.gov.in/WriteData/Circ...2021052009.pdf

G.Ramdas

Junior Member CGman is on a distinguished road

Implementation of Government 's decision on the
    recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission - Revision
    of pension of pre -2006 pensioners. 14th July 2009

Link to this circular is http://persmin.gov.in/WriteData/Circ...2014072009.pdf

Junior Member ramkanwar is on a distinguished road

Smile Clarification dated 14/7/09 issued for pre-2006 pensioners by Min. oo Penasion

Quote Originally Posted by vnatarajan View Post
    Dear Shri Sitaraman

Grateful thanks for your rejoinders and suggestions. I and my friends are on the task.

(I have posted the implications of disparity in my main thread of the Discussion Board : "Injustice to Pre-2006 Pensioners............etc.")

vnatarajan.

(P.S.: I WANT THIS THREAD TO FOCUS MORE ON NEW OMs/ CIRCULARS/ ORDERS/ AUTHENTIC SUPPORTIVE DOCUMENTS etc SO THAT WE CAN READILY REFER TO THIS THREAD).
    Kindly go through the circular dated 14th July 2009 by Deptt of Pension. Does it clarify the matter? Will anyone clarify?

Junior Member ramkanwar is on a distinguished road

Default CLARIFICATION DATED 14/7/09 BY Dept of Pension

The Dept of Pension has issued yet another clarification dated 14/7/09 which states that pension shall not be less than 50% of the minimum pay in the pay band + grade pay corresponding to pre-revised pay scale from which the officer retired. I do not think that this serves the purpose until and unless it is said that this clarification is in modification/supesession of clarifications dated 3rd & 14th Oct 08.

RK Aggarwal

Thank you RK

It only aggravatres.

For example Pay band PB4 has one running band from 37400 to 67000.

Minimum Pay in the Pay Band is now CLEARLY 37400- a figure which has become our ETERNAL eye-sore- BORN ENEMY since long!

vnatarajan

My dear VN, Others. The Om dated 14 07 09 is for clarifying that the NPA given to Doctors is not to be counted when Revised Pension is calculated on the basis of formula that the revised pension cannot be less than 50 % of sum total of minimum of the pay in pay band plus grade pay thereon. Actually, the Govt. has shifted the definition of "minimum of the pay in the pay band" to "minimum of the pay band". We are suffering on this account. S 30 retirees have been given separate revised pay scale when they raised the issue but s29 and down below, Govt. is reluctant to minimum of the pay in pay band as per Fitment Tables.

Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road

Default pension revision to CAB absorbees

I was, on permanent absorption in central autonomous body transferred to pension establishment after putting in 12yrs-was drawing 1760 pay in 1640-2900 scale-which was upgraded to 2000-later initially sanctioned min pension 375 and revised to 1275-commuted 100%-restored 425 pm(1/3) after 15 yrs-what’s my entitlement now?
    friends and peers/seniors Please help

Member subba Rao R S is on a distinguished road

Question CLARIFICATIONS/RELATED ORDERS/SUPPORTING AUTHENTIC REFERENCES etc ON PENSION MATTERS

Most of us have received the revised pension and arrears. I wish to draw the attention of all pre-2006 pensioners about the endorsement to PPO issued to pensioners. can any one throw light on endorsement required on the PPO held by the pensioner on revised pension and family pension granted prior to 6 CPC recommendations and its implementation(in the form of corrigendam to original PPO). Is it necessary to get the revised pension/family pension in the pensioner's copy? and if yes who will do this. According to 14th Oct 2008 letter, endorsement is to be done by disbursing banks under intimation to the respective Pay and accounts office who will verify the same. What about the pensioner's copy?

can any one clarify?.

R S Subba rao

Default CLARIFICATIONS/RELATED ORDERS/SUPPORTING AUTHENTIC REFERENCES etc ON PENSION MATTERS

Quote Originally Posted by subba Rao R S View Post
    Most of us have received the revised pension and arrears. I wish to draw the attention of all pre-2006 pensioners about the endorsement to PPO issued to pensioners. can any one throw light on endorsement required on the PPO held by the pensioner on revised pension and family pension granted prior to 6 CPC recommendations and its implementation(in the form of corrigendam to original PPO). Is it necessary to get the revised pension/family pension in the pensioner's copy? and if yes who will do this. According to 14th Oct 2008 letter, endorsement is to be done by disbursing banks under intimation to the respective Pay and accounts office who will verify the same. What about the pensioner's copy?

can any one clarify?.

R S Subba rao

It appears to me that no pensioner is serious about getting revised PPO or wants to wait for some more time. This is to draw the attention once again. I understand that P & T pensioners are getting the revised PPO or endorsement on PPO. I could not get correct info. Can Shri V natarajan or Shri S C maheswari throw some light on this?
    Subba Rao R S
    Last edited by subba Rao R S; 20-01-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: some spelling mistakes

Senior Member G.Ramdas is on a distinguished road

Default Revision of PPO

Dear Sh. Subba Rao,
    It is not correct to say that the pensioners are not interested in getting revised PPO from the CPAO or other administrative authorities. Most of them are not aware of the procedure.I have already got my PPO revised including incorporation the revised pay scale and date of birth of my spouse, which details were not available in the earlier PPO( It is a different matter that in that process my name has been mis-spelt in the revised PPO needing yet another amendment!)
    In case of civil pensioners a request has to be made for amendment to the COA of the Dept/Ministry who in turn will take up with the CPAO for formal revision/amdmt of the PPO.For Rlys this function is done by the respective Rlys.
    The Pensioners should check up whether details of their last pay scale, its revision after tthe 6CPC, date of birth of the pensioner and his/her spouse are avaialable in the PPO. If any of these details are missing, it is better to request for amendment/revision

G.Ramdas

Default CLARIFICATIONS/RELATED ORDERS/SUPPORTING AUTHENTIC REFERENCES etc ON PENSION MATTERS

Quote Originally Posted by G.Ramdas View Post
    Dear Sh. Subba Rao,
    It is not correct to say that the pensioners are not interested in getting revised PPO from the CPAO or other administrative authorities. Most of them are not aware of the procedure.I have already got my PPO revised including incorporation the revised pay scale and date of birth of my spouse, which details were not available in the earlier PPO( It is a different matter that in that process my name has been mis-spelt in the revised PPO needing yet another amendment!)
    In case of civil pensioners a request has to be made for amendment to the COA of the Dept/Ministry who in turn will take up with the CPAO for formal revision/amdmt of the PPO.For Rlys this function is done by the respective Rlys.
    The Pensioners should check up whether details of their last pay scale, its revision after tthe 6CPC, date of birth of the pensioner and his/her spouse are avaialable in the PPO. If any of these details are missing, it is better to request for amendment/revision

G.Ramdas
    Thanks for the info. I have taken up the ammendment to PPO with CPAO, CCDA(DRDO) and Dept of Pensioner wellfare already with no positive reply from them. Also I have written to SBI on this. The office where I retired have told that they do not come in pictutre for the Ammendement of PPO(based on the revision of pension). My effort will continue and request other pensioners to pay their attention on this also.

Once again thanks to you for the info

Subba Rao R S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast