+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CLARIFICATIONS/RELATED ORDERS/SUPPORTING AUTHENTIC REFERENCES etc ON PENSION MATTERS

Member subba Rao R S is on a distinguished road

Default enhanced pension and ARREARS ARE DISBURSED TO ALL .....

Quote Originally Posted by sudacgwb View Post
    The OM dated 14/10/2008 at para no: 7 (page 2) ......enhanced pension and ARREARS ARE DISBURSED TO ALL ..... BY 30.11.2008. Does this means the arrears will be disbursed in one installment?

If, yes, Govt. has rectified the grave mistake of giving arrears to pensioners in two installments.
    There may be many pensioners who may not see 2009 April. It will be in the best interest of the pensioners if Government takes a decision to pay arrears in one instalment to pensioners. will the authorities take note of this and do the needful ?

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

hi

If the DDOs concerned viz - Banks/POs - at least some of them interpret the way we are hoping, it may happen!

We have to wait and watch for the first news on this when the earliest of the Banks (could be SBI/ its branches/ subsidiaries) act on the 14th Oct 2008 OM and then may realise the contents of it in true colours!

Best of luck to all!

vnatarajan

Member kssitaraman is on a distinguished road

My Bank (Bank of Maharashtra) paid my old pension for Sept 2008 but credited 40% of the arrears inclusive of the extra amount for Sept 2008 on 17/10/2008.

Mr KSS/ others

My bankers also (incidentally Bk of Mah, Besant Ngr Br) credited my arrears of 40% around the same date (viz arrears upto Sept 2008) and the new pension amount/ break up etc will be known only when I draw the Oct 2008 pension!

However, SBI and its branches in Chennai had been the earliest to pay pension of Sept 2008 at new rates and also 40% arrears etc by the end of Sept 2008 itself.

IN ALL THE CASES, PENSION AND ARREARS HAVE BEEN PAID STRICTLY ACCORDING TO THE READY PENSION TABLE annexed to the OM of 1st Sept 2008 (I think!).

When the Banks (eg: ours) pay the pension according to the OMs of 3rd / 14th Oct 2008 (may be in Nov 2008 at the earliest!), we will know the final pension that will be disbursed by the Banks in cases like ours/ final sum of arrears that will be paid by our Banks etc.

vnatarajan

Member kssitaraman is on a distinguished road

When I went to my Bank as usual to draw my pension today, I found that neither my enhanced pension nor the old pension had been credited. The Branch Manager said the particulars have not come from the Link Branch and that he is expecting the same by 10th Nov..

I hear that recently the pension disbursement work had been centralised to a link branch as per a directive from the Bank administration possibly inorder to improve efficiency and avoid complaints.This is the outcome. Hitherto my Branch had been doing this work quite efficiently. Perhaps there were complaints about many Branches.

Of course I can manage but how about lakhs of other pensioners who are wholly dependent on their pension for their day to day needs.

I am sorry if this narration has come under a wrong Thread. Perhaps it should come under 'Enhanced pension & arrears' initiated by Mr. Subba Rao.

hi All

Letter published in the Deccan Chronicle, Chennai Ed, of 30th Oct 2008, reproduced here for info:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deccan Chronicle 30th Oct 2008 Page 10 – Letters column

PENSION PLEA
    Sir, There is no doubt that
    implementation of the 6th
    central pay commission recommendations
    has brought
    some cheer to the Central
    government employees. But a
    sizeable number of retired
    senior citizens, including all
    those who retired from senior
    levels before January 1,
    2006, have been left in the
    lurch. This group is aggrieved
    because the pension
    department’s clarification of
    October 3, 2008, brings to
    naught all accepted norms
    contravening the decisions of
    the Supreme Court. A spate
    of representations pointing
    out this anomaly has not been
    met with any response. We
    appeal to the authorities concerned
    to redress our grievances
    and do justice.
    P. K. RANGANATHAN
    Chennai
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(courtesy:AVMukuntharajan, Jr Member/ PKR)

vnatarajan

hi

Dear All

Mr R Sundaram's (our member?) letter appears to have been published in the Hindu, Chennai Edition today-reproduced from website of iofs:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixth Pay Commission

Over the years, particularly after the Fifth Pay Commission recommendations, near-parity has been established between past pensioners and those just retiring from Central government services. The Commission had hoped that full parity would become possible after computerisation. But the authorities are laying down rules that strike at the roots of the existing norms of parity, notwithstanding the Sixth Pay Commission recommendations.

Now, there are two classes of pensioners — those who retired before and after 2006. Those retiring after 2006 reap the full benefits of protection of 50 per cent of the salary last drawn. But the pre-2006 retirees are being scaled down to an arbitrary point in the new scales termed minimum of pay bands which, in most cases, have no relevance to the posts from which they retired. The value of their service is thus being arbitrarily deflated.

R. Sundaram,

Chennai
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vnatarajan

Member RSundaram is on a distinguished road

Default Letter To The Editor In The Hindu 4/11/08

Dear Mr Natarajan
    Thank you very much for drawing attention to the above. The letter was written by me. I have also sent an article to the Hindu Businessline called " Lost In Translation" on the same matter which I hope will be published by on 6/11/08. I shall let you know when it appears.

Thank you very much for visiting www.iofsbrotherhood.org and registering there. We all look forward to fruitful and interesting interaction there too.
    Love and regards
    R.Sundaram

hi All

Here is a good summary of the "Chaos in Implementation" of 6CPC orders which lists out almost all the issues, published as Editorial in the Pensioners' Advocate (Oct 2008?)

( PENSIONERS' ADVOCATE/ its Editorial Committee (S/Shri Mr Chacko/ Mr Narasimhan in particular)have taken pains to highlight some of the woes of the Pensioners consequential to the chaos created by 6cpc implementation orders in their editorial of October issue.We care thankful to them.. I am trying to post it here for evereyone/ other Associations etc to see & follow actions.News Papers at Delhi must be approached for highlighting in a similar fashion the disturbing/ discenting issues of 6 CPC orders!)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(courtesy AVMukuntharajan, Gen. Sec, PF & Jt. Sec AIFPA)

PENSIONERS' ADVOCATE (oct 2008 ?)

EDITORIAL
    CHAOS IN IMPLEMENTATION

The Central Government magnanimously ordered that the disbursing units i.e. post offices and banks should ensure that the revised pension as a result of 6th CPC recommendations and 40% of arrears thereof upto September 2008 should be paid to the pensioners and family pensioners before 30.9.2008. Pensioners and family pensioners thronged the post offices and banks with the fond hope that they would be receiving the revised pension including arrears as 30.9.2008 and celebrate the festivals and Diwali a little more happily . But they were badly disappointed
    Reports received from various sources, - pensioners associations, pensioners and individuals reveal that except a few branches of State Bank of India, all other banks and post offices have not implemented the Govt’s orders in letter and spirit.
    Some of the disbursing units, paid revised pension only without arrears.

Some of the post offices paid Rs. 25000/- or so to pensioners after
    obtaining an undertaking that over payments if any, would be adjusted in subsequent pension payments.

Some post offices had their calculations ready but could not draw money from banks, due to strike by the bank employees on 24th and 25th September
    and subsequent bank holidays on 30.9.2008 and 1st and 2nd October 08

Due to Dasara holidays, the payments will be further delayed . We will thank God if the arrears are paid atleast before Deepavali.

Some of the banks appear to have insisted on the surrender of the P.P.Os by the pensioners before effecting payment . The orders are very clear and the P.P.Os need not be surrendered .

In some post offices in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka , the payment of fixed medical allowance of Rs. 100/- had been with held. There are no orders for such an action. The authorities concerned should pay the withheld amount immediately to the pesnioenrs.

Several clarifications have been issued by the Pension Ministry on 3rd October 08 . They have been published else where in this issue.

One of the clarification is that the sum of 50% of pay + grade pay should be based on the minimum of the pay band and not on the minimum pay of the band corresponding to the 5th CPC scale. In effect, the benefit that would accrue to the pensioners is denied to them as the pension calculated as per fitment formula is higher than the pension as per fixation formula. Different interpretations of scales have been given in this regard. One for the pensioners, another for serving employees and yet another for direct recruits. Never in the history of past five pay commissions had this problem cropped up.

The clubbing of scales under four different pay bands , and with the same grade pay to some of these scales in the same band are the main reasons for such interpretations.

We request the Government to have a rethinking in the matter and restore the status of past pensioners by adopting the same pay fixation formula for pensioners and serving employees to remove the disparity that has crept in.

The rate of dearness relief to exgratia pensioners have not yet been announced Similarly, those serving employees who retired on after 1.1.2006 but opted out of revised pay scales are entitled to the dearness relief at the old rate which is 54% from 1.7.2008.

The BSNL retirees are outside the purview of the Sixth CPC recommendations . The merger of 50% dearness relief granted to serving BSNL employees have not been extended the BSNL pensioners . This need to be attended to immediately.

The non civilian defence pensioiners are unhappy because order have not been issued by the Defence Ministry in this regard
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vnatarajan
    Last edited by vnatarajan; 05-11-2008 at 07:46 AM. Reason: addition of text

hi All

In continuation of the above, some more analysis as available in the GENERAL SECRETARY(AIFPA)'S NOTES - in the PENSIONERS' ADVOCATE (Oct 2008 ?) is furnished here for the info. of all: (Courtesy: AVMukuntharajan, PF/ AIFPA)
    ---------------------------

GENERAL SECRETARY’S NOTES (Mr AGChacko, Gen Secy, AIFPA)
    Namaskar,
    Greetings of the Season
    Anomalies due to arbitrary bunching of pay scales:-
    The Sixth Pay Commission instead of considering the long pending genuine demands of employees and pensioners, and suggesting measures to redress them had created confusion and dissatisfaction to all sections of employees and pensioners . As a result even after a month orders for revision of pay , pension and payment of arrears to Defence forces, Ex-servicemen and Defence Civilians are yet to be issued by the Defence Ministry.
    The Fifth pay commission had introduced 34 pay scales S1 to S34 for Groups A,BC,D . Later Govt. added one more scale S-2A and the total became 35.
    The Sixth CPC had recommended abolition of Group D Cadre coming under pay scales S1, S2, S 2A & S.3 Progressively . The pay scales S-4 to S-30 were bunched and brought under four pay bands as given below .
    Pay band 1 - S-4 to S-8
    “ 2 -S-9 to S-15
    “ 3 -S-16 to S-23
    “ 4 - S-24 to S-30
    Pay Scales S-31 & S.32 are treated as HAG., S.33 as Apex scale and
    S-34 for Cabinet Secretary,
    The VI CPC had arbitrary bunched several existing pay scales under each pay band . All pay scales brought under each pay band have the same amount of minimum an maximum pay. The minimum pay is arbitrarily fixed . it is as low as 1.78 times of pre- revised pay scale while in some cases it is as high as 3.22 times as shown in the Table below . The arbitrary fixation of the minimum Pay Scales creates anomaly. As a new D.A slab is introduce from 1.1.2006 existing D.A. in full is to be merged with the pay/ pension. it works out to 1.86 times. Further the fitment allowance o 40% is also to be added. The total of the two comes to 2.26 times of the existing pay/ pension . this amount should reflect in the minimum pay fixed in each pay band . However the minimum pay fixed in the pay bands 1 to 3 are less than 2.26 of the pre-revised pay scales. For example pay scale S-8 with a starting pay of Rs. 4500/- is brought under pay band – 1 carrying a minimum pay of Rs.5200 and grade pay Rs.2800 . The minimum pay equivalent to Rs. 4500/- should be ( 4500x 2.26) – 2800 ( GP) =7370/-
    Similarly the minimum pay in other pay bands are to be
    P-2 - (8000X2.26) - 5400= Rs.12680
    P-3 - (12000 X2.26) - 7600 = Rs. 19520/-
    P-4 - ( 22400X2.26) - 12000 = Rs. 38624
    In all cases minimum pay is fixed lesser than 2.26 times. Further parity in pension for existing pensioners is worked out based on 50% o the minimum pay in each pay band plus grade pay. As the minimum pay in each pay band is low the existing pensioners do not get any benefit out of the 50% fixation of pension. We would request the Govt. and the Anomaly committee to review these anomalies and rectify them by raising the minimum pay in each pay band suitably as suggested
    -------------------------------------------------------

vnatarajan

hi All

I request all interested to visit the RREWA's website www.rrewa.org and see their latest well drafted representation dated 11th Nov 2008 to the Secy, Min. of P/PG/P regdg. various issues related to the pensioners' grievances (pre-post 2006 upto 1st sept 2008) consequent to the OMs of implementation of 6 cpc recos. It contains valuable interpretations/ clarifications/ references etc.

vnatarajan
    Last edited by vnatarajan; 12-11-2008 at 01:10 PM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi All Pensioners/ Family Pensioners,

I HAVE COME TO KNOW THE BANKS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DISBURSE EVEN OUR 'MUTILATED' PENSION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DOP/PW's OM of 14th OCT 08 BECAUSE, IN MANY CASES (INCLUDING MANY OF OURS HERE) THE PPOs DO NOT CONTAIN THE IMPORTANT INFO OF THE PAY SCALE IN WHICH THE PENSIONER RETIRED!

Consequently, the 2.26 formula is the best they can do for payments, wh is nothing but the Fitment Table of 3rd OCT's OM and wh many banks have already done.

I have thought about some alternative.

There is a RULE by which a GOVT SERVANT can get a copy of the SERVICE BOOK on a nominal payment. CAN SOMEBODY PICK IT (THE RULE/ CIRCULAR ? SWAMY"s BK) UP AND FLASH IT HERE SO THAT I CAN GO TO MY OLD OFFICE HERE AT BANGALORE TOMORROW AND DEMAND FOR IT?

Pl. help. (as it will at least in part help me to take up and fight out the issue with the Bank) ; the old PAO dealing with my office pleads helpless and is not willing to cooperate much as he has no mandate nor any OMs have reached him for any action!!!!!!
    CPAOs at Regions want entire lot of pensioners' cases to reach them at one time which is next to impossible!

SERVICE BOOK COPY! SERVICE BOOK COPY! SERVICE BOOK COPY!

vnatarajan

Junior Member toy2000in is on a distinguished road

Default service book rule

Quote Originally Posted by vnatarajan View Post

I HAVE COME TO KNOW THE BANKS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DISBURSE EVEN OUR 'MUTILATED' PENSION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DOP/PW's OM of 14th OCT 08 BECAUSE, IN MANY CASES (INCLUDING MANY OF OURS HERE) THE PPOs DO NOT CONTAIN THE IMPORTANT INFO OF THE PAY SCALE IN WHICH THE PENSIONER RETIRED!

Consequently, the 2.26 formula is the best they can do for payments, wh is nothing but the Fitment Table of 3rd OCT's OM and wh many banks have already done.

There is a RULE by which a GOVT SERVANT can get a copy of the SERVICE BOOK on a nominal payment. CAN SOMEBODY PICK IT (THE RULE/ CIRCULAR ? SWAMY"s BK) UP AND FLASH IT HERE SO THAT I CAN GO TO MY OLD OFFICE HERE AT BANGALORE TOMORROW AND DEMAND FOR IT?

Pl. help. (as it will at least in part help me to take up and fight out the issue with the Bank) ; the old PAO dealing with my office pleads helpless and is not willing to cooperate much as he has no mandate nor any OMs have reached him for any action!!!!!!
    CPAOs at Regions want entire lot of pensioners' cases to reach them at one time which is next to impossible!

vnatarajan
    Providing certified copy of Service Book
    [Government of India decision No.(5) below GFR 81].

4.16 A certified copy of service book may be supplied on payment of a copying fee Rs. 5/- to a Government servant who asks for it on quitting Government service, by retirement, discharge or resignation.

Dear Toy2000in

Really you brought me 'joy'! On monday I will try to test my old office!Many thanks!

vnatarajan
    Last edited by vnatarajan; 14-11-2008 at 05:13 PM.

Hi
    For info of all pensioners,

There is a letter issued by the CPAO, MoF to the Nodal Officers (of Banks) etc regarding providing a 'Due- Drawn" statement copy to all pensioners, cinsequentb to payment of new pension/ arrears etc.
    It is available for access in the website of RREWA.

vnatarajan

Member subba Rao R S is on a distinguished road

Default QUOTE=vnatarajan;1356

Quote Originally Posted by vnatarajan View Post

vnatarajan
    SBI at Bangalore on an application by the affected pensioner has given the revised pension as per order dated 14th OCT 2008. Draft application is given below which may be useful

R S Subba Rao

--------------------------------------------------------------

To : The manager,
    The State Bank of India,
    Srinagar Branch,
    Bangalore 560 050.

Sirs,

Sub : SB A/C No xxxxxxxxxx – Pensioner Government Of India-
    Disbursement of 6th Pay commission Revised pension and arrears

Thank you for arranging for credit of Rs xxxxx/- on xx-xx-2008 under pension head No xxxxxxxxx to my subject a/c held in your branch.

I presume the credited amount is to-wards the arrears of re-fixed pension from 1-1-2006 as per 6CPC. In this connection, I bring the following details to your notice;

Details of Self :

Name : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    PPO No : xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date of Birth : xxxxxxxxxx
    Date of retirement : xxxxxxxxxxx
    Scale of Pay at the time of retirement: 14300-400-18300
    Corresponding pay band and grade
    Pay / Pay scale w.e.f 1-1-2006 : PB -4/ S – 26
    Pension received as on 1-08-2008 : Rs xxxxx

In connection with the above I am enclosing a copy of the G O I order No 38/37/08 P&P PW (A) dated 14th October 2008. As per this order I am entitled for credit of Rs 23,606/- to my SB a/c as per revised pension (revised pension being Rs 23,050/-). From September 2008. I am also entitled for the credit of first installment of arrears of Rs 1,09,654/-.

I request you to take up the matter with the concerned authorities and arrange for crediting the entitled amount as said above to my SB a/c.

Expecting your immediate action and thanking you in anticipation.

Yours Faithfully

(xxxxxxxxxxx) pensioner.

Enclosures : 1) Copy of GOI order No 38/37/08-P&P PW(A) dated 14th OCTOBER 2008 with annexure II.

2 )Copy of work sheet of calculation of revised pension and arrears.

3)Copy of PPO order No xxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by subba Rao R S; 23-11-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: editing error

Dear Mr Subba Rao/ All,

At Bangalore, I went to my Deptt and requested them to provide me the missing details viz. scale of pay at the time of my retirement, basic pay at the time of retirement,date of borth of my wife. As I had been the HOD earlier there, they requested me to draft a small format wh can serve the cause of all pesnsioners who may come to them for similar or more details. I made out a simple draft- From HOD to the conecerned pension paying branch, with copies to Pao/CPAO for tagging the details to PPOs.
    Based on this letter, my pension paying branch has fixed my pension and noted d.o.b. of wife for reference etc, The bankers are cooperative now in most cases after coming to know the missing detail cases can be tackled by them by taking help of knowledgeable pensioners.
    I have also guided my pension paying branch in sorting out all the 50 odd cases they have to disburse pension- out of wh hardly 3 needed fixation including mine. Rest are complascent with 2.26 formula pension as per 3rd Oct 2008. They have no means/ patience to find out wh is beneficial.Of course I am sure not many of them are affected.
    After discussions, the branch agreed for d.o.b details of wife/ family pensioners provided from any photo id issued by any Govt. source - like CGHS card/ D.L/ Pass Port/ PAN Card or similar one.
    Service Bk also my deptt. has greed to provide a copy on payment of 5Rs (notional).
    On my suggestion, in future they agreed to provide a certified copy to every retiree as a routine, on his/her superannuation etc.
    I think problem regarding pension payments as per 14th Oct 2008 OM may not pose much problems as the banks have understood the system that can be adopted
    For calculation of second part of arrears- they are taking some time. So also due- drawn statements- though SBI have done it very fast
    Issuing now PPOs will be the area now to act upon- pursue with the bank so that the same goes to our respective PAOs/CPAOs/HODs with copy to us also.
    Regards
    vnatarajan.
    Last edited by vnatarajan; 24-11-2008 at 07:07 AM.

Junior Member harryrakhraj is on a distinguished road

For what it's worth, I wish to share this bit of information with fellow Pensioners:

i If your PDA is SBI, you may lodge your complaint with the following:-
    RM R-2 DZO <agmr2.zodel@sbi.co.in>, CPPC DELHI <sbi.04475@sbi.co.in>
    ii You may also like to lodge your complaint online with <pensionersportal.gov.in>.

I have lodged my complaint with both the above and am looking forward to their response.
    Last edited by harryrakhraj; 01-12-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Dear harry
    Nice initiative. I have posted a copy of this in the thread "How Effective is the system of ..................." to have a continuity on realising the emerging "status" of this complaint/ redressal systems, consequent to the load of 6CPC complaints load!
    vnatarajan

Dear All concerned,

This is by way of confirmation/ for information:

1.On producing the certified details reg my scale of pay at the time of my retire
    ment in May 1997 from my erstwhile Deptt. to my bankers viz Bank of Maharashtra, Besant Ngr Br, Chennai 90, my pension has been fixed at half of the total of the minimum of the Pay Band 37400- 67000 ie Rs 37400 plus grade pay Rs10000 i.e. at Rs 23700 plus DR @16% on it as on date. (less commuted part).

THE ABOVE FIXATION IS IN TERMS OF THE OM of 14th OCT 2008 of DoP/PW.

2.Earlier I had already receive my pension based on OMs of 1st Sept/ 3rd Oct 2008 and also arrears thereof in Octobet itself, which was strictly as per the 2.26 formula.

3. Arrears now arising out of the second fitment or fixation are yet to be worked out and paid.

4.This is what Banks can do -so far as my case is concerned. May be in similar cases also by other banhs/ POs.

Any grievances has to be now addressed in real/ individual terms to the authorities/ remedial channels.

vnatarajan
    Last edited by vnatarajan; 04-12-2008 at 09:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast