+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LTC restriction on travel to Port Blair by private airlines

Junior Member Hyd_AG_Employee is on a distinguished road

Default LTC restriction on travel to Port Blair by private airlines

Dear friends....I wish to undertake journey on LTC and visit Andaman Islands including Havelock in the month of October 2011. Now my question is to what rate will my claim be restricted if i travel by Private airlines from Chennai to Port blair. My Grade pay is 4200/- and hence my entitlement is not by air. It is to mention in this regard there are two ships that sail from Chennai to Port Blair and one of them charges Rs.5400/- and the other charges 6700/- per head per side. The fare by air is about 8500/-. Will my claim be restricted to 5400/- or 6700/- kindly let me know and if any orders exist please quote. On my front some friend told me that though there are 2 ships from chennai to port blair it is only one ship that sails on a given day and my claim would be restricted to the rate of the ship that sails on the day i perform journey. Kindly clarify. Thanking you all well in advance.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Kindly check low fare airlines so that you may travel within the entitlement

Quote Originally Posted by RKPATHAK View Post
    Kindly check low fare airlines so that you may travel within the entitlement
    Dear RK Thanks for your kind reply. Well the thing is i want to get a clear picture regarding the reimbursement. i.e will the claim be restricted to Rs.5400/- or 6700/-. I need to show paper proof to my office people./ Thanks once again

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

As per OM dated 16/9/2010 (http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/de...16sept2010.pdf), LTC can be availed by Air India ONLY. Relaxation is available only in the case of LTC to J&K where private airlines is admissible to all categories of govt. servants. Kindly check with your admin before proceeding on LTC.

Victor

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    As per OM dated 16/9/2010 (http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/de...16sept2010.pdf), LTC can be availed by Air India ONLY. Relaxation is available only in the case of LTC to J&K where private airlines is admissible to all categories of govt. servants. Kindly check with your admin before proceeding on LTC.

Victor
    Dear Victor Sir, Thanks for your reply........... The O M quoted by you is for officials who are ENTITLED for Air travel and does not pertain to officials who ARE NOT ENTITLED FOR AIR TRAVEL (I think you only told me this first). The clairification in this regard is obtained from the Ministry of finance. So everybody drawning a GP of less than 5400/- can travel by any airlines and the claim would be restricted to their entitled class of fare by rail. However for travel to NER from Kolkatta nobody is allowed to travel by Private airlines and everybody should go with indian airlines/air-india. My question over here is

My question over here.... the restriction of ship fare would be limited to which ship and why ? especially when there is a difference in fare and both these ships are run by Shipping corporation of india limited. One ship charges 5400/- and the other about 6700/- I know this is a typical query but please try to get me the exact news with OMs if any...........this information would help even CVSS KISOR as well.....Thanks once again to the GURU of GCONNECT.....GOOD DAY

Junior Member prashantha is on a distinguished road

As per rule , the Officer drawing grade pay 4200 is entitled to First/"A" cabin class. Your claim will be restricted to the rate of the ship that sails on the day you perform the journey.
    pnk

thanks for the info. Do u have ny OM to support this ?

DoPT OM No. F.No. 31011/4/2008/Est(A) dt. 23/9/08 & 19030/3/2008-E 1V dt
    23/9/08 .
    pnk

Thank u so much for being so prompt. However, i am sorry to say i was not able to get the answer to my question after going through both the O.Ms quoted by you. Please see if u could help .... Regards... Your claim will be restricted to the rate of the ship that sails on the day you perform the journey (OM to support this point ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by prashantha View Post
    DoPT OM No. F.No. 31011/4/2008/Est(A) dt. 23/9/08 & 19030/3/2008-E 1V dt
    23/9/08 .
    pnk

Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road

Default LTC by private airlines

Sir,

Can you please forward the clarification received from MOF for our reference. Any order have been issued or only your office has received clarification. Please reply

Quote Originally Posted by Hyd_AG_Employee View Post
    Dear Victor Sir, Thanks for your reply........... The O M quoted by you is for officials who are ENTITLED for Air travel and does not pertain to officials who ARE NOT ENTITLED FOR AIR TRAVEL (I think you only told me this first). The clairification in this regard is obtained from the Ministry of finance. So everybody drawning a GP of less than 5400/- can travel by any airlines and the claim would be restricted to their entitled class of fare by rail. However for travel to NER from Kolkatta nobody is allowed to travel by Private airlines and everybody should go with indian airlines/air-india. My question over here is

From what i have heard, only one ship sails at a time on a given day, there is no OM to support this. You can confirm the dates & further querises, from Shipping Corpn of India.
    pnk

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

What about the air journey on a day when (hypothetically) there is no sailing? It may be possible.

For Officials who are not entitled for Air-travel, their claim will be restricted to entitled class in Ship rates.
    pnk

Same point again prashantha....fare by one ship is 7500 and other is 5600/-. Air fare is about 8500/- so the restriction would be to 5600/-
    or 7500/- ????????
    Quote Originally Posted by prashantha View Post
    For Officials who are not entitled for Air-travel, their claim will be restricted to entitled class in Ship rates.
    pnk

Sinha Ji.....what ever the answer to my question............... ur point is simply GGGGRRRREEEEAAAATTTT

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_audit View Post
    What about the air journey on a day when (hypothetically) there is no sailing? It may be possible.

Aneesh..... we called for a clarification from MOF and received the reply. There is no general circular in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by aneesh View Post
    Sir,

Can you please forward the clarification received from MOF for our reference. Any order have been issued or only your office has received clarification. Please reply

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Default Limitation should be to higher fare of ship

((The Govt had lately allowed LTC air journeys by the non-entitled employees to be limited to the entitled class of Rajdhani/Shatabdi train fares. Rajdhani/Shatabdi train fares are higher than that of other trains of the same distances/routes.))

I wonder whether the same principle may be adopted by the controlling officer to limit the air journey to the Andamans by higher ship fare on hypothetical basis, just the same as in the case of limitations to train fares; provided of course EITHER (a) both ships sail on the date of air travel OR (b) none of them sails.

The matter may also be taken up at an appropriate level, given that there is no clear ruling in this regard.

Alok Sinha.

+ Reply to Thread