+ Reply to Thread

Thread: newspaper Allowance

Member geeta is on a distinguished road

Default newspaper Allowance

Sir

My grade pay is 4600. will i get newspaper bill reimbursement and how much

geeta

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems you are an Assistant if so you are not eligible for newspaper reimbursement

No i am ps and my grade pay is 4600 and assistant's grade pay is 4200.

geeta

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Gazetted Officers are eligible for newspaper reimbursement. The maximum reimbursement limit is Rs. 150 p.m. Further, 15% of the bill is deducted while making the payment. The claim is generally done on a quarterly basis.

Victor

thanking u for your reply. Sir i want to know from which grade pay we can said gazetted officer

Quote Originally Posted by geeta View Post
    thanking u for your reply. Sir i want to know from which grade pay we can said gazetted officer
    A gazetted officer is one whose appointment is notified in the Gazette of India/State.

Kindly give further details of your organisation.

Victor

Junior Member mpsingh is on a distinguished road

May I know Sir Where is this order in my school there are 10 Master Gazetted ( In PB-3 Grade Pay 5400) but we are not getting any such newspaper reimbursement. Please help us in this regard. Thank you Sir

Quote Originally Posted by mpsingh View Post
    May I know Sir Where is this order in my school there are 10 Master Gazetted ( In PB-3 Grade Pay 5400) but we are not getting any such newspaper reimbursement. Please help us in this regard. Thank you Sir
    Copy of OM No. F.1(10)-E.II (A)/94 dated 13.9.1996 issued by the Ministry of Finance to all Ministries/Departments is avable at (http://chemicals.nic.in/newspaperr.pdf).

There was another order which prescribed a celing of Rs. 150/- p.m. but I could not get the same.

The order is applicable to Section Officers or equivalent in the Ministires/Departments.

Victor

Member rsk11584 is on a distinguished road

Victor Sir,

We are an autonomous society under MoCIT, GOI and we had our own rule for newspaper reimbursement which was as below:
    Newspaper/Magazines facility at residence

Officers and staff of the Society shall be entitled for reimbursement, on production of bills, of the expenditure incurred by them on Newspapers/Periodicals as per actual amount spent subject to the limits given below:

1. Chief Executive and Director of the Centre
    (Rs. 16,400-20,000 and above) Rs. 1,000/- p.m.
    2. Officers in Pay Scale of Rs. 10,000-15,200 and above Rs. 250/- p.m.
    3. Officers in the scale of Rs. 6,500-10,500 but less than Rs. 10,000-15,200 Rs. 200/- p.m.
    4. Other staff of Society Rs. 100/- p.m.
    Deduction @ 15% will be made out by admissible reimbursable amount on account of sale proceeds.

So each and every staff was entitled to get reimbursement, now our service and staff rules have been revised, and our HQ has very cleverly mentioned this for newspaper & almost all allowances:

Societies shall strictly adhere to the Government of India norms as applicable to Central Government Employees, from time to time. If any additional facilitation is needed based on some functional requirement of any society or its unit(s) then the same may be organized at office / library of the said unit of the society.

We have Group A officers GP 5400 and above but none of them is Gazetted as we are autonomous society , these revision of rules for many allowances is resulting in loss for employees.

Kindly advise me which rules / OM should i refer to see the allowances / newspaper reimbursement applicable to Central Government Employees.

Regards,

Ravi

+ Reply to Thread