+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cooling off period

Junior Member Cherian is on a distinguished road

Default cooling off period

Dear Friends,

Recently DOPT had issued mandatory cooling off period for Govt. employees for those opting for deputation between two spells. It could be seen that this order is blocking the career growth for those departments where promotional scope is bleak.It could be also noted that the earlier order dt:3/10/1989 was not superceded either by 5/1/94 or the recent order dt:17/6/2010, where there is clear provision for the cadre controlling authority to decide whether there should be a coolingoff period. In this case the parent deptt. had the power to decide whether they should forward the application of their employee.

Now my querry is whether there is any rule where the HOD could condone the cooling off period for which the HOD could take decision at his level. Moreover it is of utmost necessity that the mandatory cooling off period should be amended as this blocks the career growth of Non CSS cadre officials in their entire service tenure.

Your valuable inputs is solicited.

cherry

Member beno is on a distinguished road

Viewers are requested to give their advice, as it will be of very much helpfull to many Govt. employees.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by beno View Post
    Viewers are requested to give their advice, as it will be of very much helpfull to many Govt. employees.
    Plese refer post # 2 at http://gconnect.in/forums/showthread...wo-deputations

Victor

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends on the cadre controlling authority whether to adhere to govt instructions or to violate(.) in my case the director(cadre conrolling authority) called me in his chamber and asked to withdraw the application for outside employment or resign(.) in his opinion the organisation is not a ren basera where people use to come for night stay and go in the morning(.) he also threatend me to take any action if i apply for outside employment till such time he was on service of the organisation(.) later he recorded on the file that he discussed the matter with me and i(mr pathak) is not interested in applying for the job as such the case treated as closed

+ Reply to Thread