+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macp

Junior Member anupambhowal is on a distinguished road

Default Macp

Please can anybody help me in this matter:
    I got ad-hoc promotion in 2000 which was regularized in 2005. So in 2010 I have completed 10 years, Therefore I am eligible for MACP in the year 2010. Please tell me if I am correct or not.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by anupambhowal View Post
    Please can anybody help me in this matter:
    I got ad-hoc promotion in 2000 which was regularized in 2005. So in 2010 I have completed 10 years, Therefore I am eligible for MACP in the year 2010. Please tell me if I am correct or not.
    Please provide complete service details.

Victor

Default Macp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Please provide complete service details.

Victor
    This is to inform you that I got ad-hoc promotion to the post of DPA`B' Grade Pay Rs.4600/- from DPA`A' in the year 2000. This promotion was regularized in the year 2005. In the year 2010 I have completed 10 years in the same grade pay. Therefore I am eligible for MACP in the year 2010 since as per new MACP it is given that whoever completes 10 years continuously in the same grade pay is eligible for MACP.

This is to inform you that I got ad-hoc promotion to the post of DPA`B' Grade Pay Rs.4600/- from DPA`A' in the year 2000. This promotion was regularized in the year 2005. In the year 2010 I have completed 10 years in the same grade pay. Therefore I am eligible for MACP in the year 2010 since as per new MACP it is given that whoever completes 10 years continuously in the same grade pay is eligible for MACP.
    Kindly refer to para 26 of Annexure to OM dated 19/5/2009 (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...8-Estt.(D).pdf).

In my view, the intention is that while an employee is holding a higher post on ad hoc basis, the service rendered will be counted in the lower post for the purpose of MACP. So you will be eligible for MACP in 2015 when you will complete 10 years service after your regular promotion in GP 4600.

Victor

Default Macp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Kindly refer to para 26 of Annexure to OM dated 19/5/2009 (http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02est/35034_3_2008-Estt.(D).pdf).

In my view, the intention is that while an employee is holding a higher post on ad hoc basis, the service rendered will be counted in the lower post for the purpose of MACP. So you will be eligible for MACP in 2015 when you will complete 10 years service after your regular promotion in GP 4600.

Victor
    The para 26 infact clarifies this problem by stating clearly that "They may be allowed the benefit of financial upgradation on reversion to the lower post or if it is beneficial the pay drawn on ad-hoc basis". Please explain here what is the meaning of or if it is beneficial the pay drawn on ad-hoc basis"

The para 26 infact clarifies this problem by stating clearly that "They may be allowed the benefit of financial upgradation on reversion to the lower post or if it is beneficial the pay drawn on ad-hoc basis". Please explain here what is the meaning of or if it is beneficial the pay drawn on ad-hoc basis"
    Para 26 says that if a person who is holding a higher post on ad hoc basis and he is eligible for MACP then he will be given the benefit of MACP after reversion to the lower post.

However, if the pay fixation on MACP is more than the current pay drawn in the higher post on adhoc basis, then the benefit of MACP can be given to him immediately.

For eg. an employee is holding a post with GP 1900 on regular basis. He has got MACP-I to GP 2000. He is presently promoted to a higher post on ad hoc basis with GP 2400, however, no pay fixation takes place and only GP is changed to 2400. If he is now entitled to MACP-II then he can be given pay fixation w.r.t his pay in GP 1900 and he will get the benefit of one increment. However, his GP remains same at 2400.

The idea is that the employee should not suffer due to the ad hoc promotion.

Victor

+ Reply to Thread