+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Pay fixation of merged gardes

  1. #1
    Junior Member udayanasha is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default Pay fixation of merged gardes

    dear sir
    i am working in indian navy as a civilian (senior draughtsman)
    i am promoted on 28 april 2008 to the post of d/man grade ii to d/man grade i, later as per 6th pay commission both the post were merged and predesignated as senior draughtsman.
    My pay is fixed on 28 april 2008 in to the scale of 5500-9000 with an additional increment before declaring 6th pay commission.
    Also my pay is fixed with an additional increment on the date of promotion in new pay.
    Now administrative authorities informed that due merging of the both the post the additional increment awarded will be withdrawn and the excess payment payed to me is to be recovered.
    I was promoted through departmental qualifying exam and promoted to draughtsman grade i.
    Is any provision for retaining my additional increment(on promotion) awarded to me ? In this connection any relevant orders circulated by department ? If please give details.
    Is it will affect my seniority? Because i am promoted by departmental qualifying exam and promoted by superseding 82 of others. Kindly in inform me how my seniority will be considered ? Any particular official cirulars in this regard please give the details.

    udayan menon

  2. #2
    Junior Member ankitsud36 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Dear

    There is no provision for retaining additional increments in the merged cadre after 01/01/06. Thousands of employees in many other deptt.are also suffering on this account.
    As per my opinion, you will retain your seniority as on 28/4/2008

  3. #3
    Member CNU.SRE is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ankitsud36 View Post
    Dear

    There is no provision for retaining additional increments in the merged cadre after 01/01/06. Thousands of employees in many other deptt.are also suffering on this account.
    As per my opinion, you will retain your seniority as on 28/4/2008
    Those who are promoted from the scale of pay Rs.5000-150-8000 to the scale of pay Rs.5500-175-9000 before 1.1.2006 they are benefited one increment benefit while fixation of Pay and the same promotion is ignored for the purpose of MACP wef 1.9.2008 and they are eligble once again one increment benefit under MACP with extra MACP . What a LUCKKEY SITUATION

    But , those who are promoted in the above mentioned scales after 1.1.2006 , they are not eligible the increment benefit while fixation of pay and they are loose one increment benefit with compare to above para case.( Un LUCKKEY POSITION )

    This is the anamoly What a surprise/ anamoly on implementation of pay commission on account of merged the pay scales.

    In this scenario , there is no solvation in this cases and under MACP's also.
    Last edited by CNU.SRE; 09-03-2011 at 07:46 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member jaleelethiyil is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    119

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by ankitsud36 View Post
    Dear

    There is no provision for retaining additional increments in the merged cadre after 01/01/06. Thousands of employees in many other deptt.are also suffering on this account.
    As per my opinion, you will retain your seniority as on 28/4/2008
    Sir,
    Learned persons please provide supporting order to retain seniority of 28/4/2008 in present and like cases.

  5. #5
    Member CNU.SRE is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaleelethiyil View Post
    Sir,
    Learned persons please provide supporting order to retain seniority of 28/4/2008 in present and like cases.
    Whether this order is usefull ? please see. http://persmin.gov.in/WriteReadData/...8-Estt(RR).pdf

  6. #6
    Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    631

    Default Duties and responsibilities attached to the promoted post

    Quote Originally Posted by CNU.SRE View Post

    But , those who are promoted in the above mentioned scales after 1.1.2006 , they are not eligible the increment benefit while fixation of pay and they are loose one increment benefit with compare to above para case.( Un LUCKKEY POSITION )

    This is the anamoly What a surprise/ anamoly on implementation of pay commission on account of merged the pay scales.

    In this scenario , there is no solvation in this cases and under MACP's also.
    The scales 5000, 5500 were carrying their own independent duties and responsibilities till 31.12.2005. Just because these two scales have been merged on 1.1.2006, all of a sudden the assumed higher duties and responsibilities of the post-merged higher scale can not get vanished or reduced to that of post-merged lower scale.

    As per www.airfindia.com on feed back of 3rd NAC Meeting,

    "Staff Side insisted that one increment may be given when an employee is promoted within same Grade Pay, for example promotion from ASM to SM or MCM to JE, because responsibilites also increases. NAC has asked Railways to provide list so that decision can be taken at the earliest".

    The above justification holds good in all the post-merged higher scale to which promotion takes place after 1.1.2006 and it is expected that some favourable decision may come through the final recommendations of the NAC. Meanwhile, it is very significant to bring all the anomalies relating to the minimum pay in the pay band as applicable to the grade pay prescribed as well as the promotion fitment benefit within same grade pay, to the kind notice of Staff Side in detail for taking up the matter alongwith that of Railways.

  7. #7
    Junior Member udayanasha is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sundarar View Post
    The scales 5000, 5500 were carrying their own independent duties and responsibilities till 31.12.2005. Just because these two scales have been merged on 1.1.2006, all of a sudden the assumed higher duties and responsibilities of the post-merged higher scale can not get vanished or reduced to that of post-merged lower scale.

    As per www.airfindia.com on feed back of 3rd NAC Meeting,

    "Staff Side insisted that one increment may be given when an employee is promoted within same Grade Pay, for example promotion from ASM to SM or MCM to JE, because responsibilites also increases. NAC has asked Railways to provide list so that decision can be taken at the earliest".

    The above justification holds good in all the post-merged higher scale to which promotion takes place after 1.1.2006 and it is expected that some favourable decision may come through the final recommendations of the NAC. Meanwhile, it is very significant to bring all the anomalies relating to the minimum pay in the pay band as applicable to the grade pay prescribed as well as the promotion fitment benefit within same grade pay, to the kind notice of Staff Side in detail for taking up the matter alongwith that of Railways.
    if any body knows how the seniority affect in this case? how the seniority calculated and any relevant order in this regard?

  8. #8
    Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    631

    Default

    According to me, as on the date of acquiring the scale 5500-9000 by promotion on 28.4.2008, there must be seniors already in the scale. The list will get updated with the promotees followed by those who were in the pre-merged scale of 5000-8000. When the next promotion is due, as and when an individual meets the required qualifying service in both the grades together will be considered. Naturally, one who was senior in the pre-merged scale of 5000-8000 till promotion to 5500-9000 will continue to be senior among the rest, but subsequent to the existing seniors in the grade 5500-9000 prior to 28.4.2008. Moreover, cadre restructuring may be due and once everything is finalised picture will be clear. In the event of any irregularities at the time of next promotion, the same can be represented based on the facts of the case.
    As such, promotees to 5500-9000 will not loose their seniority over the rest below them in spite of merger of the scale as long as panel position continue to exist.

    We may have to wait for further developments that are due in the near future. Hence, not to worry at this stage please. Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-04-2011, 07:45 PM
  2. Seniority in merged scle
    By jaleelethiyil in forum Other Service Matters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-09-2010, 10:43 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-07-2010, 11:22 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 11:36 PM
  5. All who promoted in merged scales
    By HARRY2005 in forum Promotion, ACPS & MACPS
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 07:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts