+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commutation on VRS

Senior Member R K Rao is on a distinguished road

Default Commutation on VRS

Dear Sirs/Friends,

A friend of mine has posed this question to me and I am giving it below to get advice from knowledgeable persons :

He served under the Central Govt. for 33 years. Before completing 33 1/2 years, he applied for VRS (i.e. 6 months before retirement) by giving 3 months notice. The notice period was waived and his VRS acceped.

His pension and commutation etc. was sanctioned accordingly, taking 33 years of service into account.

Now, after posting/ retirement of the PAO who passed these claims, a new PAO has come and he has sent a notice advising the pensioner to return Rs. 50,000/- as he is not entitled to receive it due to VRS.

I do not have much details. If it is due to calculation error, then it is okay. If it is otherwise, - is there any rule curtailing commutation due to VRS.

Thanks & Rgds

RK

Member naukar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by r k rao View Post
    dear sirs/friends,

a friend of mine has posed this question to me and i am giving it below to get advice from knowledgeable persons :

He served under the central govt. For 33 years. Before completing 33 1/2 years, he applied for vrs (i.e. 6 months before retirement) by giving 3 months notice. The notice period was waived and his vrs acceped.

His pension and commutation etc. Was sanctioned accordingly, taking 33 years of service into account.

Now, after posting/ retirement of the pao who passed these claims, a new pao has come and he has sent a notice advising the pensioner to return rs. 50,000/- as he is not entitled to receive it due to vrs.

I do not have much details. If it is due to calculation error, then it is okay. If it is otherwise, - is there any rule curtailing commutation due to vrs.

Thanks & rgds

rk
    the office or pao, where he served, would have given him all the calculations reg. Pension, gratuity, comm. Insurance and e.l. Encashment. Also there are number of sites through which you can check pension calculation etc. Ref. Persmin.nic.in also.

Default Commutation - VRS

Dear Mr. Naukar,

Thanks. I shall check the calculation part of it.

But I hear that the PAO office has intimated this pensioner that HE IS NOT ENTITLED TO full commutation despite having completed 33 years because it is VRS.

Rgds

RK

Senior Member SASI is on a distinguished road

Commutation of pension has no connection with completed service. The commutation factor has been reduced with the introduction of the sixth pay revision which might have affected your friendís commutation amount.

sasi

Quote Originally Posted by SASI View Post
    Commutation of pension has no connection with completed service. The commutation factor has been reduced with the introduction of the sixth pay revision which might have affected your friendís commutation amount.

sasi
    Dear Mr. Sasi,

Thank you for your kind reply. I shall verify the calculation w.r.t. info. given by you.

Rgds

RK

+ Reply to Thread