+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tour DA, taxi charges of Rs 150 per diem Vs taxi charges for visiting another town

Junior Member Srinivasa Rao is on a distinguished road

Default Tour DA, taxi charges of Rs 150 per diem Vs taxi charges for visiting another town

Recently, I (with grade pay of Rs.5400) had traveled to Vijayawada (tour station) and surrounding places from Trivandrum on official duty. During my tour, I stayed in a hotel at Vijayawada for 3 days and from Vijayawada, I traveled by taxi (with night halt at Vijayawada) to four different places during these 3 days with each place being about 50-70 Km away from Vijayawada in different directions on official duty. After completing tour, I claimed air/rail fares for visiting Vijayawada and taxi hiring charges for 240 Kms for visiting these 4 places near Vijayawada, besides DA claim pertaining to hotel room charges and food claims but did not claim the usual taxi charges of Rs 150 per diem for travel within the city (Vijayawada in this case).

I prepared claim for TA/DA and submitted my claim to my office. But there was an objection stating that all the claims are OK but the claim for 240 Km taxi hiring charges will be restricted @ Rs. 150 per day for three days i.e., Rs 450. But my contention is that taxi hiring charges up to Rs. 150 per diem is for travel within the city (Vijayawada or any other city) which falls under DA category and should not be linked with TA claim pertaining to taxi hiring charges for outstation travel from tour/duty station.

Please clarify whether I can claim taxi hiring charges for traveling to outstation places from tour station.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

If you performed the journey within municipal limit of vijaywada then your claim be restricted to rs 150 in other case you are eligible @ rs 16/- per km for outside journey

Thank you for the reply. The journey is not within the municipal limit of Vijayawada but different towns.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

In that case you are governed by TA/DA rules of multiple city. Get your tour programme revised accordingly

Thank you Sir for the reply. I had applied for tour program accordingly.
    Last edited by Srinivasa Rao; 09-03-2011 at 10:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread