+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tour TA as per new rules and DA with old rates

Junior Member Srinivasa Rao is on a distinguished road

Default Tour TA as per new rules and DA with old rates

Dear Members,
    I am presently working in DoT as Group A officer in the grade pay of Rs. 5400. So I am entitled for Air travel for official tours under new TA rules ( by II AC rail as per old TA/DA rules). Recently I traveled to Mumbai from Trivandrum on official duty by Indian Airlines economy class. During my tour/entire absence from headquarters, I had claimed ordinary DA rates (old rates without any food/hotel bills)for the complete package as a whole but for TA part, I claimed air fare as per new TA rules in force as per OM no. 19030/3/2008-E.IV dated 22-1-2009.

When I submitted my claim to my office, there was an objection stating that the TA/DA claim for for the entire tour package should be claimed either as per new TA/DA rules or as per old TA/DA rules, but mixing TA claim as per new rules (air fare) and and DA claim as per old rules (ordinary DA without any food bills hotel bills) is not permitted in a single tour package.

Please clarify whether I can claim DA claim as per old rules and TA claim as per new rules in one single tour package.

Senior Member ramanrao60 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Srinivasa Rao View Post
    Dear Members,
    I am presently working in DoT as Group A officer in the grade pay of Rs. 5400. So I am entitled for Air travel for official tours under new TA rules ( by II AC rail as per old TA/DA rules). Recently I traveled to Mumbai from Trivandrum on official duty by Indian Airlines economy class. During my tour/entire absence from headquarters, I had claimed ordinary DA rates (old rates without any food/hotel bills)for the complete package as a whole but for TA part, I claimed air fare as per new TA rules in force as per OM no. 19030/3/2008-E.IV dated 22-1-2009.

When I submitted my claim to my office, there was an objection stating that the TA/DA claim for for the entire tour package should be claimed either as per new TA/DA rules or as per old TA/DA rules, but mixing TA claim as per new rules (air fare) and and DA claim as per old rules (ordinary DA without any food bills hotel bills) is not permitted in a single tour package.

Please clarify whether I can claim DA claim as per old rules and TA claim as per new rules in one single tour package.
    Your deptt is right.
    Thee entire tour is one package and both TA as well as DA should be regulated by either old set of orders or new set
    Last edited by ramanrao60; 03-03-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Senior Member Ramnath is on a distinguished road

TA is different from DA. Order has been issued for exercising option only with regard to DA on tour either as per old or new rate (Not for TA and DA as a whole in old or new rate). It can be separately dealt. Pl. refer the order inthis regard. A touring officer has to give option for his claim whether he would like to receive DA at old rate or at new rate (Not the TA). Your office contention is totally wrong. You are definitely eligible for it. You may see the order and revert to this discussion board.
    Ramnath

Junior Member Srinivasa Rao is on a distinguished road

Thank you Sirs for expressing you opinion on the matter.
    The option to claim DA part of a tour either as per new rules or old rules was given by the Government http://gconnect.in/6cpc_orders/allow...dification.pdf since for Officers who had to travel on duty to remote places could not get the receipts for the amount spent by them for food as they had to use small hotels and it is difficult to get bill from there.

So as per the OM, the Govt had decided to sanction daily allowance on tour, based on either old rules or new rules. As far as the TA part is concerned, the official will be claiming as per new rules only since the eligibility for class of travel especially by rail remains unchanged or upgraded and even if the official travels by lower class also, the fare will be reimbursable.
    Last edited by Srinivasa Rao; 05-03-2011 at 12:25 PM. Reason: grammar mistake

+ Reply to Thread