+ Reply to Thread

Thread: APAR grading

Junior Member sris is on a distinguished road

Default APAR grading

Can the Reporting Officer downgrade the overall grading by 2 grades without quoting any reasons in ACR? Though a representation was given but can this downgrading be questioned and on what grounds? also are there any laid down procedures for downgrading and upgrading of attributes assessed in ACR? Can grading to Attributes like intellect and other which do not change over a short period of time, be varied by the Reporting officer each year without justification in the ACR?
    Last edited by sris; 21-02-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sris View Post
    Can the Reporting Officer downgrade the overall grading by 2 grades without quoting any reasons in ACR? Can this be questioned?
    Under the new system of APAR, you are entitled to a copy of the Report, to which you can submit a representation.

Victor

Member vgsingh is on a distinguished road

Yes justifications needs to be given. You can mention about in your representation. You did not mentioned the grading given by your reviewing officer? He has the powers to change the grading given by reporting officer. Pl do read all the relevant DOPT OM available at their web site. They are of great help

Can the Reporting Officer downgrade the overall grading by 2 grades without quoting any reasons in ACR? Though a representation was given but can this downgrading be questioned and on what grounds? also are there any laid down procedures for downgrading and upgrading of attributes assessed in ACR? Can grading to Attributes like intellect and other which do not change over a short period of time, be varied by the Reporting officer each year without justification in the ACR?

Junior Member sris is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by vgsingh View Post
    Yes justifications needs to be given. You can mention about in your representation. You did not mentioned the grading given by your reviewing officer? He has the powers to change the grading given by reporting officer. Pl do read all the relevant DOPT OM available at their web site. They are of great help
    Reviewing officer has maintained the grading. but it was upgraded by officer above the reviewing officer.
    Can some of the attributes like Intellect, administrative abilities which do not change over years be graded differently each year by the reporting officer? Can the grading of some attributes be changed by two grades and in other attributes the grades are downgraded and again upgraded without justification in consecutive years?

Member vgsingh is on a distinguished road

Default APAR Grading

Reviewing officer has maintained the grading. but it was upgraded by officer above the reviewing officer.
    Can some of the attributes like Intellect, administrative abilities which do not change over years be graded differently each year by the reporting officer? Can the grading of some attributes be changed by two grades and in other attributes the grades are downgraded and again upgraded without justification in consecutive years?
    You have to mention all these points in your representation. You can ask for the justification in your representation. The main motive of the representation is to convey discrebencies in your APAR to the competent authority for cosideration

Junior Member ssr is on a distinguished road

I am a working scientist (SF) in ISRO. My reporting officer, who is also Scientist SF, took charge only in july 2010 as my divisional head. He doesn't have much knowledge in my working area. Means he cant understand the technicalities of my design work. At the end of the year 2010 my APAR is given to him for assessment as reporting officer. He filled the first part having 20 features. He has put tick marks under 3 excellent, 13 tending to excellent and 4 normal. The next reviewing officer is my Dy. director, to whom I report all activities in practice awarded me an overall grading of (A) OUTSTANDING. However, the next higher authority, who is my director, made a remark "AS PER THE REPORTING OFFICERS' ASSESSMENT, THE OVERALL GRADING COULD BE (AA-) TENDING TO OUTSTANDING".
    My questions are:
    1. shall i go for appeal?
    2. The appeal also go to the same director, before going to the appellate authority.
    3. people suggest it will becomes a fight with higher ups, which is not good for the remaining career.
    4. can the reporting officer of same grade can assess me?
    5. wherever normal tick marks are put, the corresponding tickmarks for the same features were one or two steps higher in my last year APAR.
    6. How to get my grade retained to what my review officer has given?

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

The final assessment will hold good. If there is provision for Appeal, it can very well be exercised. Previous Year's grading has nothing to do with the current year's. Best suggestion is to accept the final grading and prove that the same was wrong through the current year's performance and the assessment thereon.

Junior Member ssr is on a distinguished road

Default APAR Grading

Quote Originally Posted by sundarar View Post
    The final assessment will hold good. If there is provision for Appeal, it can very well be exercised. Previous Year's grading has nothing to do with the current year's. Best suggestion is to accept the final grading and prove that the same was wrong through the current year's performance and the assessment thereon.
    Thanks for your suggestion mr. sundarar, Iam going to do the same, because till today the central govt officers have not attained freedom, though the nation was liberated in 1947.

+ Reply to Thread