+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MACP and organised group A officers

Junior Member sankarshantha is on a distinguished road

Question MACP and organised group A officers

I am a group A officer in BARC DAE having 35 years of service.I joined this service after successfully completing the BARC training school course in August 1975.Orally I was denied permission to apply for IAS at that time saying that scientific officer C post I was holding, was a grade above ENTRY level IAS POST.Well I felt trapped.I had to tolerate unsafe working conditions,secrecy and other high handed tactics by the controlling officers in BARC. My service book has no adverse entry. I am given two promotions only till now.On applying for third financial upgradation I was told that MACP is not applicable in our case.I used RTI to get such reply.CIC on complaining adviced me to approach CAT mumbai bench.Will I get justice if I file a plea in CAT? Our officers association VIZ BARCOA is very untrustworthy and funny organisation.

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sankarshantha View Post
    I am a group A officer in BARC DAE having 35 years of service.I joined this service after successfully completing the BARC training school course in August 1975.Orally I was denied permission to apply for IAS at that time saying that scientific officer C post I was holding, was a grade above ENTRY level IAS POST.Well I felt trapped.I had to tolerate unsafe working conditions,secrecy and other high handed tactics by the controlling officers in BARC. My service book has no adverse entry. I am given two promotions only till now.On applying for third financial upgradation I was told that MACP is not applicable in our case.I used RTI to get such reply.CIC on complaining adviced me to approach CAT mumbai bench.Will I get justice if I file a plea in CAT? Our officers association VIZ BARCOA is very untrustworthy and funny organisation.
    I doubt whether the same could be the situation in respect of those of who were of your batch.

A Competent Authority like CIC when gave some advice, in case you have genuine reasons for taking up the case, you may like to go ahead subject to the condition - before a case is getting admitted in CAT, all departmental remedial measures/grievance redressal mechanisms may have to be exhausted.

Smile thnks for a good guidance

Quote Originally Posted by sundarar View Post
    I doubt whether the same could be the situation in respect of those of who were of your batch.

A Competent Authority like CIC when gave some advice, in case you have genuine reasons for taking up the case, you may like to go ahead subject to the condition - before a case is getting admitted in CAT, all departmental remedial measures/grievance redressal mechanisms may have to be exhausted.
    First of all I have written to administrative authorities in BARC. I also represented to addl secretary DAE. I DID NOT GET A REPLY.In between I have used RTI and got the above reply saying that MACP is not applicable to scientific and technical persons in BARC.Then I complained to CIC. There was a videoconference with CIC , ME and the information officer of BARC. I also got a copy of Gazette of INDIA proclaiming that group A officers are also eligible for MACP. Because of my guidance a colleague group A officer in the CFSL lab attached to our division got the benefit of MACP. He was selected through UPSC long ago and is in the home ministry.There is no adverse remark in my service book.I am retiring on 30 June 2012. Will it be wise to approach CAT in this matter?
    I must not end up getting more harassment from the (selfstyled SCIENTOCRATIC MANAGER) group director etc of BARC.

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

First of all I have written to administrative authorities in BARC. I also represented to addl secretary DAE. I DID NOT GET A REPLY.In between I have used RTI and got the above reply saying that MACP is not applicable to scientific and technical persons in BARC.Then I complained to CIC. There was a videoconference with CIC , ME and the information officer of BARC. I also got a copy of Gazette of INDIA proclaiming that group A officers are also eligible for MACP. Because of my guidance a colleague group A officer in the CFSL lab attached to our division got the benefit of MACP. He was selected through UPSC long ago and is in the home ministry.There is no adverse remark in my service book.I am retiring on 30 June 2012. Will it be wise to approach CAT in this matter?
    I must not end up getting more harassment from the (selfstyled SCIENTOCRATIC MANAGER) group director etc of BARC.
    BARC, DAE is a well reputed Organisation known for its systematic Administration as far as we know. Regular promotion avenues like Merit Promotion Scheme must be available, being a Scientific Organisation. Whatever MACP provisions specify for Gr.A Officers, may be for those Organisations where periodical promotions could not take place for want of vacancies. Even before MACP, ACP also was existing since 1998 and same is the case then too.

However, unless the root cause is analysed, most preferably by your goodself,
    no further conclusions can be arrived at and at least I may not be competent to provide any guidance. As far as CAT case is concerned, its outcome lies on the merits and demerits of the case. There is no point in blaming at the tail end of this much long servince in a single organisation. At the appropriate time, there would have been opportunities to come out of the Organisation in the past, if satisfaction level could not be achieved by any individual. Having done a long service, based on your own judgment, further decision can be arrived at. But, please think twice before taking any decision.

thanks for posting the popular image of DAE.Inside the story is different.anyway I thank you for helping me decide oneway or other in going to CAT.Naturally I have to expect judges at CAT having the same mindset which is popular about DAE.My two well qualified daughters declined to join DAE and most of the graduates from Mumbai city know about the insde story of BARC.thanks

luckily the news item on New Flexible complimenting scheme for scientists...... announced now makes MACP applicable to scientists also.I need not go to CAT.In that GO page 5 clause viii clearly states this..thanx

The happiness is short lived.DOP&T has issued circular that CR grading should be "very good" to be eligible for MACP for posts above grade pay 7600.I feel a dirty emotion about all this.FCS is a farce.This MACP ABOVE GP 7600 IS PLAIN CHEATING.
    luckily the news item on New Flexible complimenting scheme for scientists...... announced now makes MACP applicable to scientists also.I need not go to CAT.In that GO page 5 clause viii clearly states this..thanx

+ Reply to Thread